• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

looking for post office help

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I sold an item on ebay--unfortunalty it was lost--going back and forth with the post office and not getting anywhere I did refund the buyer
I tried filling out the form for a refund since the package did have insurance on it and I couldnt get it to send
then I started calling and filling out any forms I could find about lost packages
the number I called for the post office the recording said they woiuld call back when it was my turn which what a surprise when no one ever called back
the second I tried I just waited on hold the recording said to minutes which turned into an hr wait
person there just told me to fill out the forms when I told them thats what I already did there wasnt much else they could do

I even tried the post office where I mailed it from the person there was going to give me the number for customer affairs which I already called and no one answered
at one time I did get a message that said the package was scanned in Atlanta GA but nothing else
if it was scanned there why wasnt sent on its way to VA

sorry if I seem furstrated but now Im out not only the item but also the refund and all I get is the run around--I have my doubts on the insurance they make it sound like such a great thing till you try to use it

so what IM looking for is a number for filing a complaint if anyone knows of a different number besides the 1800 275-8777
any other tips would be helpful as well
thanks

best of luck and i greatly sympathize. i won't use the usps for anything of value anymore due to a similar customer service issue involving tracking/proof of delivery on an important item i mailed with them.

Do you have an account online with USPS?
If so, follow the prompts.

I just logged into mine. I used to send stuff a lot, so kept the account active, even though I don't use it much anymore.

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

Enter the tracking number.

NOTE: Each mail service has a different filing period. The filing period is based on the mailing date on your receipt and whether your package arrived damaged.

Insured MailFILE AFTER: 15 daysFILE BEFORE: 60 days

If you don't want to file a claim (or it's too early to do so), complete a missing mail / lost package form:
https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

We have a new regional post office in south atlanta - and it has caused a disaster. Packages sit there for literally weeks without moving. I had one stay there for over a week before it suddenly started to move again. Your package may finally show up once it makes it out of atlanta.

As far as insurance, I tried to use it once when an eBay package was delivered to the wrong address. They literally told me that since it was delivered, their end of the bargain was done. No refund.

Good luck! I mailed a check for garage door repair around Feb 27. Same town as us but mail goes to a larger city distribution center. Check never cleared so I called him. He hadn’t seen it. I wrote another check on March 19 and just got a text from him yesterday saying he got the check. I just hope it’s the second one I sent as I did a stop payment on the first.

Another recent incident was a package that I was supposed to receive. Carrier left it in the mailbox before ours (about 1/4 mile away) and they were out of town. I didn’t get it for a week. Our address numbers are nowhere close to the same. None of the digits are the same. It’s very frustrating.

DeJoy has been called on by congress to resign for how the mail is being handled in Georgia. Good luck.

I've had luck with the process listed above by a previous poster logging I to my USPS account and filing through either delayed or lost mail. I have been reimbursed for lost packages that had insurance.

I sold an item on ebay--unfortunalty it was lost--going back and forth with the post office and not getting anywhere I did refund the buyer
I tried filling out the form for a refund since the package did have insurance on it and I couldnt get it to send
then I started calling and filling out any forms I could find about lost packages
the number I called for the post office the recording said they woiuld call back when it was my turn which what a surprise when no one ever called back
the second I tried I just waited on hold the recording said to minutes which turned into an hr wait
person there just told me to fill out the forms when I told them thats what I already did there wasnt much else they could do

I even tried the post office where I mailed it from the person there was going to give me the number for customer affairs which I already called and no one answered
at one time I did get a message that said the package was scanned in Atlanta GA but nothing else
if it was scanned there why wasnt sent on its way to VA

sorry if I seem furstrated but now Im out not only the item but also the refund and all I get is the run around--I have my doubts on the insurance they make it sound like such a great thing till you try to use it

so what IM looking for is a number for filing a complaint if anyone knows of a different number besides the 1800 275-8777
any other tips would be helpful as well
thanks
My husband sells on Ebay and he mailed a package (box) to someone and it was lost. Tracking just stopped. He waited 30 days. His package was insured and had tracking. He filled out forms on line and a week later received his refund and he refunded the seller. The post office system is so messed up. And one of the very worst is Atlanta GA. I live in Georgia and just about every news station are doing special reports. There is a new distribution center in Palmetto GA. All mail is going to this one instead of several others. Big rig trucks are waiting in lines miles long to get in. Senator Oshoff and post mater general were in DC having a hearing about this. It's all over YouTube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter