WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Hey everybody,

I'm working on getting more information over on DisneyInfo.com about both HHI and VB and I could sure use your help!

Disney doesn't have much available in the way of photos for either one of these beautiful locations so we're looking for our board members to share theirs.

Stop by and check out our Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach pages and if you have photos we could use, please let me know!

Of course, we'll give proper credit to you. :goodvibes

:thanks:

I just made a ham-handed thread with pics of HHI. We’re sadly driving away right now after a great trip, despite the cold rainy weather.

We went to Hilton head in August of 2019 and are going back in March 2020 - Should I just add pics to this thread? p.s. we absolutely fell in love with it....it's fantastic.

We went to Hilton head in August of 2019 and are going back in March 2020 - Should I just add pics to this thread? p.s. we absolutely fell in love with it....it's fantastic.
Oh, I'm so happy to hear that you loved it! A few years ago when we lived up in Savannah, we would drive up there and spend the day. It was only an hour drive and it was great!

If you wanted to post your pics here, that would be just wonderful! Thank you so much!! :flower1:

Just saw you wanted them posted here (sorry I can’t figure out how to rotate them)
Vero Beach August 2019

D27138E9-0CB2-464A-BBEA-DD813837511C.jpeg

C24AB00F-AF54-48D0-8AE9-4FB15C917E5B.jpeg

7C7342BE-7C5A-4B63-A9DB-E55D7D9B6160.jpeg

Last edited:
Posting a few from both HHI and VB just of the resorts. Not sure if you are looking for resort pics but I have a little of everything, resort, beach, and can add more. These are just a few I took during sunrise/sunset runs. 471844471845471847471849471851471852

HHI is one of our very favorite resorts, second only to our beloved home VWL. Here are a few pictures I'm more than happy to share.

Cool luggage carts

Boardwalk looking back toward Live Oak Lodge and check-in desk

First floor, 1BR, marsh view off the balcony

Second floor, 2BR, marsh view off the balcony

Also second floor, 2BR, marsh view off the balcony (low tide, obviously)

My wife crabbing at the pier

Our very own Low Country boil that we cooked in our 2BR kitchen. Bought fresh seafood locally. 2BR balcony

Gathering clouds right before a storm passed through; marsh view off 2BR balcony

Turtle tracks at the beach (that's me drinking coffee)

Fresh oysters at a local establishment! So much great seafood nearby

We traveled to Vero Beach about a year ago, and here are a few shots.

From the walkway near the beach

Cute not-so-hidden Mickey shot in our room

Following two pictures taken from our balcony; studio in main building, top floor

I've finally gathered some highlight pics from our Hilton Head trip in August 2019. We stayed in the main lodge building in a 1 bedroom on the 2nd floor. Any other 1 bedroom will be underneath a grand villa and is apparently excessively loud due to the way the rooms are built. We adored our time in the resort and can't wait to go back in March.

breakfast.jpg
They do serve food onsite but only until 5pm. Breakfast was fantastic.

Disney boat dock.jpg

This is the boat dock where, if you schedule through Disney, you are able to just walk from your room or anywhere on the resort and meet up with a Dolphin tour. We chose Donuts and Dolphins for an early morning tour and we all enjoyed it.

dole whip.jpg
Dole whips are available at the main pool restaurant - as well as Dole Whips with RUM (yay)

dvc sign.jpg

This is just outside of the Mercantile and restaurant - lovely views of the marsh on one side and the pool on the other. Plenty of tables to sit and eat or you can face the marsh and fishing pier.

grill.jpg

This was the grill situation - we cooked up some steaks. It was convenient in the sense that the resort kept a store of unused charcoal and lighter fluid and grill utensils so really we didn't have to worry about the logistics of the grill itself. Also, full disclosure, the only time I wasn't laying in the hammock during the cooking of the steak was when I took this picture.

hammock.jpg

We couldnt get enough of the views.

main pool.jpg
The slide is A LOT of fun and the cast members make your time at the pool hilarious. This is the main pool aka Big Dipper pool

marsh sunset.jpg

Lots of outdoor seating available just outside of our balcony/room so we could take advantage of the views of the marsh. There was a pod of manatees right at the beginning of the marsh leaving the marina and we were able to see them bobbing around in the water in the morning.

mickey pretzel.jpg

Mickey pretzels were available both at the main pool/restaurant as well as the beach house

patio one bedroom main lodge 2nd floor.jpg

The balcony was very large for a one bedroom - this was in the main lodge second floor

pool house.jpg

This is the pool at the beach house which is actually across the street. A shuttle runs between the resort and the beach house and we never waited. There are phones at each stop and you're encouraged to let them know when you are ready to be picked up/dropped off.
There are changing areas in the bathrooms here and direct beach access. The beach area is not private however the beach house is. You need a Key to the World card to enter. There is a bar open seasonally and a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The restaurant also serves alcoholic drinks if you're so inclined (i was). The menu is pretty good.
If you hit this place in the summer the bar area serves gigantic Mickey Shave Ice.
putting green.jpg

There is a small three hole putting green here with balls and putters. My son was obsessed with this area. Clearly...

shuffleboard.jpg

There were a few Shuffleboard courts but this is the one right next to the main pool. The equipment was right there, you don't have to rent it.

view from main lodge 1 bedroom.jpg

This was our view from the one bedroom in the main lodge on the second floor. This is the only building in the resort that has elevators. It was quite nice as well because every day at 3pm they would have lemonade and fresh cookies in the lobby. A big hit with the under 10 crowd. And also me.

view of ocean from pool house.jpg

this was taken from one of the chairs at the beach house, this is your view to the beach. It's really beautiful. But you definately have a chair reservation situation here where (especially in the summer) people plop down towels and are never seen from again. But nothing bothers you because you're in Disney's Hilton Head Resort and there's a bar and dole whip. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!