Looking for opinions/thoughts on (St. Thomas) Coral World Ocean Park Land and Sea Excursion

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
Morning all,

We will be on the Fantasy the last week of April. It will be myself, husband, 7 year old, 2 year old, and grandparents. We are thinking of doing the Coral World Ocean Park Land and Sea on St. Thomas. Has anyone done this. Thoughts? Good/bad? Def. wondering if this would be good for the 2 year old.

Thanks very much.

We did Coral World on our E Carib cruise back in '15. It was a lot of fun and Coki Beach is (literally) right next door. The aviary, outdoor zoo-ish parts (they have a *lot* of turtles & lizards) along with the indoor aquarium was fun. Our kids were 10, 8 & 8 when we did it. For the 2 year old, it might be fun. There's a petting pool and a macaw section along with the aviary. The offshore 'tower' was really the highlight. You walk across a walkway about 50 feet into the sea to this tower that takes you down 2 stories to see out the windows to the sealife. Very fun

Make sure to take beachwear as it's not a full day expedition and Coki Beach is amazing. Take cash to rent umbrella/recliners. Also take towels from the ship. We look back fondly on that day.

We did Coral World on our E Carib cruise back in '15. It was a lot of fun and Coki Beach is (literally) right next door. The aviary, outdoor zoo-ish parts (they have a *lot* of turtles & lizards) along with the indoor aquarium was fun. Our kids were 10, 8 & 8 when we did it. For the 2 year old, it might be fun. There's a petting pool and a macaw section along with the aviary. The offshore 'tower' was really the highlight. You walk across a walkway about 50 feet into the sea to this tower that takes you down 2 stories to see out the windows to the sealife. Very fun

Make sure to take beachwear as it's not a full day expedition and Coki Beach is amazing. Take cash to rent umbrella/recliners. Also take towels from the ship. We look back fondly on that day.
Perfect. Thanks very much.

Thanks for the info, we're on the same cruise and trying to decide what to do on St. Thomas!

Sounds like this is easily done on your own - and not via an organized excursion?

Would it be fairly easy to catch a taxi there and back?

Sounds like this is easily done on your own - and not via an organized excursion?

Would it be fairly easy to catch a taxi there and back?

We did this on our own. The taxis were right on the pier so it was no big deal. I forget the fare, but it was reasonable. Of note, you can arrange a pickup time with the driver and ours showed up right on time. We even changed the pickup when we went to the beach and the fellow who met us at drop off called the driver and he showed up at the new time.

You can also get food and beverages on the beach. Cash is best

I agree that it would probably be easy on our own but with two small kids I don't really want to deal with a taxi. Also when I looked at Coral World's website it is currently saying that it is not open to the General Public at this time. This is the quote "Coral World is not open to the General Public at this time. If you are coming to St Thomas on a cruise ship, please book one of our Coral World excursions through your cruise line." I believe this is due to hurricane recovery efforts.

Also, if you do the excursion through DCL, I wouldn't expect to have any beach time at Coki beach unless it specifically says so.

We went to Coral World on our own and booked the sea lion encounter which was great! But, with little ones it is nice to have Disney take care of everything for you - just follow the leader!

Also, if you do the excursion through DCL, I wouldn't expect to have any beach time at Coki beach unless it specifically says so.

We went to Coral World on our own and booked the sea lion encounter which was great! But, with little ones it is nice to have Disney take care of everything for you - just follow the leader!
It does say you can spend time at Coki Beach but you are on your own for transportation back I believe. I think that going through the cruise line is the only way right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter