• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for New Places to Dine

aladdinsgirl

She's a rebel. She's a saint.
Hello everyone, time to start planning another WDW trip. Actually I'm quite proud of DH and myself, we've been back from our last time for a month and a half and we waited this long before planning again. :D
Anyway, the point of the this thread is that we're looking for a couple of new places to eat. We've been to WDW several times and we always eat pretty well when we're there. We've been to California Grille, Boma, Cinderella's Royal Table, Ohana, San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, and some other restaurants that I can't think of now, but those mentioned are the bulk of where we eat. Are there any great restaurants that we're missing out on? We both pretty much eat anything, except I don't eat seafood. Oh, it's just DH and me--no kids, yet anyway, but we don't have any reservations at eating at "kid restaurants"--we do character meals. Any suggestions would be great! TIA

Krista:cutie:

Have you thought about Mama Melrose or Kona Cafe? Those are 2 of our favorites that we have repeated many times.

Jiko at AKL is my favorite. Kona Cafe and Mama Melroses are both good. Another one to try would be Teppanyaki.

another vote for jiko and teppankyi. how about artist point at WL? and the burgers at big river over at the boardwalk are very very good!! olivia's at OKW serves a very good breakfast. the ultimate would be victoria and alberts chef table or even the regular dining room. wonderufl!!! afternoon tea at the GF is delightful. how about hollywood brown derby at MGM? excellent! and the italian restaurant in world showcase is worht a trip. have eating:tongue:

I agree - Kona Cafe is an excellent choice. We've only eaten lunch there but they had a varied menu with choices ranging from hamburgers to Mahi Mahi. The desserts are also very yummy.

Also, if you're looking for some fun entertainment, what about the German restaurant in Epcot. It is a buffet so you should find something that everyone would like. In addition, just watching the band and dancers is a lot of fun. If you like to participate - then you should have a grand time.

How about something in the Boadwalk area? We love Spoodle's and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We visit both on every trip. ESPN is alot of fun, but really noisy. Big River Grille has good food and brews their own beer. Beaches and Cream has the best burgers at WDW (IMHO), but is crowded at night.

The Boardwalk is such a beautiful place. After eating, we love to sit on a bench, watch the boats, maybe get a yummy crepe on a stick. The lights on the water are so pretty with the view of the resorts across the lake.

Just about any restaurant at World Showcase is a good choice. Chefs de France, Merakesh, and Biergarten are some that I would recogmend. I would also recogmend the Brown Derby at MGM and Garden Grill at EPCOT.

Yachtsman's St, Flying Fish, Mama Melrose, Boatwrights, Konas, Concourse St, Citricos, Mitsokoshi Teppanyaki or the Tempora Bar, Akershus

Tried them all and very good

Our 2 DSs (16 & 9) are quite the men about town. For our March trip, they insisted on Artist Point & Jiko. We are also dining at California Grille. But they say their current favorite is Artist Point (previously, their favorite was CG) DS(16) was blown away by the pork chop that he had at AP & DS(9) loved his dessert, which was a white choclate puzzle w/ edible paints, DH & I have always loved the planked salmon. As frequent WDW visitors, we find our dinners at resorts to be better than theme park dinners.

Thanks for all the ideas, I'm anxious to try them out. We're stuck in a restaurant rut, not that it's necessarily bad, the restaurants we're hooked are great, but we just need a change. I did have a question about Artist Point, I know the menu features game entrees (buffalo, etc), but does the food taste gamey? We looked into Artist Point when we were there in August, but chickened out, maybe we can be brave this time.

Krista :cutie:

Most of what you listed is on my must-dine list, but here are a few other suggestions.

Crystal Palace, O'Hana's, Spoodle's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Beaches & Cream, 50's Primetime, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Garden Grill & House of Blues.

I did have a question about Artist Point, I know the menu features game entrees (buffalo, etc), but does the food taste gamey?

We have eaten at Artist Point a few times. Christmas Day being the last. The food has never tasted gamey! They have other non-game entrees too. Two of my DSs got steak the last time and both raved about it!

I didn't mention AP on my previous post only because it slipped my mind. It is definitely a great restaurant!

Artist Point has become our new favorite. There is definitely nothing gamey about the food. I've never been a big salmon fan, but the cedar plank salmon I had at AP was delicious! My husband said the buffalo was very good and teenagers said the chicken and especially the pork chop were wonderful. I had mussels as an appetizer and they were very tasty. They have wine pairings with the meals too if you're interested and if you don't know very much about the wines, the waiters are happy to help you. Hollywood Brown Derby is also very good as is Yachtsman Steakhouse. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter