Looking for info on Fairy Godmothers

SPappas

Earning My Ears
On another thread, someone mentioned Fairy Godmothers. Looking for info on that and maybe a testimonial or two. Having a stranger coming to my hotel room to care for my children is somewhat scarey to me. But...I know we will want/need some time to ourselves if the grandparents don't come. Anyone know about this service and where I might get more info? Is it a Disney service or outside service?

:p

we just got back from a trip to the Wilderness Lodge Villas, and we used Fairy Godmothers so we could get out one night for dinner at Artist Point. It's privately run, not affliated with Disney.

I called about two months in advance, and the woman who answered (she runs it) took my name and cell phone number and told me to call with our room number when we arrived. She also asked for my son's name and age. Our sitter, Vivien, arrived 10 minutes early, complete with a bag of toys a 13-month-old would like. She was terrific, a retired woman who has been with Fairy Godmothers for 19 years. We enjoyed just talking with her -- it was hard to leave to go to dinner. She said Fairy Godmothers has been around 20something years, run by this same woman who also sort of functions as the dispatcher. There are over 20 babysitters with the group.

Our son was very upset when we left, but she was able to calm him down by rocking him and playing with him. When we got back four hours later, he was fast asleep. Vivien had even picked up all the toys he'd thrown around the room.

I look forward to using them again when we go in May. I hope Vivien is free!

Do you need their number?

Yes - I would like the number. Could you give me some idea as to fees charged? I have 3 children ages 9 yr to 12 months when we plan on visiting in May. Do you know if they background check employees? I would be so much more comfortable with the idea of leaving the kids in a childcare setting where many adults are around instead of just one, but not a possibility for the baby. Plus...then the kids can get to bed. I so appreciate your response - thanks !!!!! ;)

For one child, it was $12 an hour, four hour minimum, plus a $12 transportation fee. I also tipped. I'm not sure, but I think the fee is the same up to three children.

They seem to use only grandmother types from everything I've read on the boards. They are licensed and bonded. We had Vivien, and she was great.

The number is (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314. The woman who runs it sounds a bit disorganized, but everything ran on schedule. Our sitter was even 10 minutes early.

I've been checking this board and others for more than a year, and I've never read anything negative about Fairy Godmothers. I was apprehensive too. We took about 20 minutes to talk to the sitter when she got there, and we were really comfortable with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, there. I would really encourage you to do a search--now that it is working again--yay!--just put in Fairy godmothers on this forum only and it will bring back some good info for you. I understand your apprehension, I felt a little odd too and DH was over the edge! But when I explained my thoughts--these are women who babysit for a PROFESSION and as the above poster mentioned, are licensed and bonded--he felt a lot better. And we had such a fabulous time that we decided to do a whole TRIP w/o the kids! The reason I suggest doing a search on the board is that is made me feel much more secure after reading all of the positive feedback everyone had. And I do mean ALL the positive feedback There was not one negative comment from anyone and we KNOW that this would be the place you would hear it if anyone had had a problem.

Have a great trip!

Oh, and yes the rate is the same for up to three children from the same family. (Mine were 6, 2, and 1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter