Looking for ideas...

nitsirk987

Mouseketeer
Hello,

DH and I are having our first child this October ::MinnieMo , and of course we decided to decorate her nursery with the Disney World theme :yay:

So far some of the ideas that we have come up with are... Blowing up pictures of the castle, spaceship earth, the tree of life, and mickey's hat, and framing them.. then buying some wall cling on's and maybe stamping mickey heads for a border.

I thought i would come to the boards, and ask for any different ideas that you guys might have.

Thank you in advance for any ideas

Kristin :wave:

nitsirk987 said:
Hello,

DH and I are having our first child this October ::MinnieMo , and of course we decided to decorate her nursery with the Disney World theme :yay:

So far some of the ideas that we have come up with are... Blowing up pictures of the castle, spaceship earth, the tree of life, and mickey's hat, and framing them.. then buying some wall cling on's and maybe stamping mickey heads for a border.

I thought i would come to the boards, and ask for any different ideas that you guys might have.

Thank you in advance for any ideas

Kristin :wave:

Haha, holy cow, I grew up in Boylston. Just noticed your location. :goodvibes

A friend of mine did her daughter's room in a Peter Pan theme, and one thing I really liked from it was she did a sparkly star-trail as the border around the room with Tinkerbell in one corner, so that it looked like she was spreading pixie dust everywhere, which is a nice tie-in to the MK. Not sure if Tinkerbell would work if it was a boy ;) but maybe Micky as the sorcerer swinging a wand?

really, the girl who sits infront of me, here at work, lives in Boylston too :)
Small world..

I love sparkle idea, thanks for sharing~

K

Be sure to check out Home Depot. They have quite a few decorating items from Disney. Wall borders, appliques, Disney paints, etc.

And when your baby is ready for it, you can also get a "Baby's First haircut" at the Harmony Barbershop on Main St. They give you a certificate, a lock of hair, etc. A wonderful keepsake!

Definitely do the Harmony Barber shop! We got our son's first haircut there and they were great with him! Gave us lots of keepsakes as well. And posed for some wonderful pictures! :) I love the *Harmony* Barber Shop! ;)

The Dollar Store had Disney cling ons (for walls or windows). I saw Princess' and Mickey & Goofy. Sbella

Hi Kristin,

I'm due in October, too! I'm looking for a Neverland theme for the bedroom. My DD3 will be sharing a room with the baby. She loves Tinkerbell, so I thought it would be a neat idea to use Neverland theme for the bedroom, DD3's side can be Pixie Hollow and the baby's side would be Peter Pan's quarters. Tinker Bell stuff is easy to find. But, the Peter Pan stuff is proving tricky. Searches for Peter Pan wall border turn up Tinkerbell, not Peter Pan. Anyone have thoughts/ideas?

Kim

that's great!! we ended up ordering a king size sheet set from the disney store, and my mother in law is making us crib sheets, and a diaper holder~

:cool1:

now we just need to get our butts in gear, and start painting her room!!

Kristin

nitsirk987 said:
Looks like i will be hitting Home Depot this week-end!!! thank you~

When you get there, ask if they have the "Disney Doors" back yet. Last fall they had them, but then had to stop selling them for a while, but said they would again soon. A Disney door has a full length/top to bottom Disney picture on it. We got a 2-sided one...Mickey on one side & Nemo on the other. We put it in our Disney family room. The Nemo side faces into the Nemo bathroom. Each one was about $150.00-$200.00.

They also had Tink, Buzz, the princesses (4 or 5 different ones), Lizzie McGuire, about 8 Mickey ones, Winnie the Pooh,...I can't think of anymore right now.

The DisneyShopping website has cute Mickey curtain rods in their Outlet. Depending on what you decide on they might work.

They also have some cute princess items. More for toddler girls, but if you decide you want something she will grow into instead of a baby only theme they might work.

Have fun decorating. I LOVED doing my kids' rooms.

Rooms to Go Kids has Disney furniture and bedding. http://www.roomstogokids.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ktg.Disney&from=homeDisneyNav

3 day blinds had Disney blinds.
http://www.3day.com/Collections/dis/DisCollectionDetail.aspx?licID=250

And there are some wonderful artists doing wall murals on wall paper and auctioning them off on eBay. This is one of my favorites. If I were having a girl, I would have jumped on it already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WaLL-ArT-King-T...ryZ79626QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The same seller has quite a few other wall murals that are Disney that are just as beautiful and they're really a good price.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter