Looking for help how to revise THV stay to THV/AKV split stay

mvcomet

Earning My Ears
We have a 7 day stay booked at the tree house villas from 6/20/20 to 6/27/20. We have decided to try for a split stay. Tree house villas from 6/20/20 to 6/23/20 & Kidani 2BR from 6/23/20 to 6/27/20. When the 7 month window opens for Kidani, will I be able to revise the reservation on-line? Will I need to call Member Services? Is there anything I need to do before the 7 month window opens? Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
Is there still availability at the treehouses right now for your dates? If there is I would revise my reservation to 2 separate reservations for your dates. That way at 7 months from your check in at animal kingdom you can revise just those days from the treehouses to animal kingdom. If you have 1 single reservation you’re going to have to drop the days you want from the treehouses and pick up the days an animal kingdom leaving you vulnerable to losing days. Even if you call member services they would have to do the same thing which I find crazy.... can’t see why there isn’t a way for them to pull the room you’re trying to book before they edit your existing reservation but every cast member I’ve talked to basically makes it seem they book exactly the same way we do.

There are only two ways to make the change, either of which can be done online or by phone:

If you have enough points to make the AKV reservation first, then you can do that and then modify the THV reservation by dropping days. That is the safest way to do it.

If you need points in the THV reservation to make the change, then it is a two step process: (a) you have to first modify the existing reservation by dropping the days applicable too AKV; (b) you then make a new and separate reservation for AKV. The problem with that process is that there is some risk you could lose your reservation. You might see that AKV is open right at 7 months out, then drop days at SSR, and in between doing that drop and going back to do the AKV reservation some of the days you want become filled by others doing a reservation. Moreover, you may not then be able to top back and get the THV for those dropped days because those get taken by someone else during the time you are attempting to do the change.

Likely, because THV and Kidani 2BRs are usually open at 7 months out that time of year, you will not have a problem. However, particularly for the future, what you should do when you are considering a split trip is to initially make two separate reservations at 11 months out for your home resort, one for the days you intend to keep at your home resort and one for the days you intend to switch. Then, at 7 months out you only need to modify the second one to make the change and can do it online or via phone with no risk of losing your reservation. If what you want is not available at 7 months out, you can then have MS merge the original two reservations into one to avoid having to change rooms while at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!