Looking for gravy recipe for buscuits & gravy

AMClvsMKY

<font color=navy>DIS Veteran<font color=darkcoral>
I would love a recipie for biscuits & gravy. Maybe a sausage gravy if anyone would have one to share. Thanks so much !!

and gravy

Ingredients
1/2 lb bacon

3 large potatoes unpeeled & diced

1 onion diced

1 green bell pepper diced

6 eggs

1/2 cup half and half

salt and pepper to taste

Directions
fry bacon in large deep skillett, drain most of the drippings off. crumble bacon. set aside.

dice potatoes, green pepper and onion, add to skillett, cook covered for 15 minutes.

remove lid, turn heat to high and cook 5 minutes, turning mixture over to brown top and bottom.

Mix eggs with 1/2 and 1/2 and pour over potatoe mixture, reduce heat, replace lid and cook 7-10 minutes or until egg is set.

Add crumbled bacon upon serving.

I've made buscuits from scratch for yrs but have found that the lowfat bisquik using buttermilk makes very good ones. As for the gravy I've never used a recipe but I will try to give it a shot know the ratio for flour to liquid for sauces. To make 2 cups of grvy you would need 4tbs fat (sausage or bacon drippings etc) and 4 tbs of flour. Brown the flour and add the 2 cups of milk and season with salt and pepper. I would guess that you would double that to make sausage gravy with 1 lb sausage. My ex MIL made SOS with corned beef using the "southern" stlye gravy and 1 can of corned beef. My mother makes SOS with 1 can of roastbeef or left over roast beef

I don't make this from a written recipe, but I will try to explain it. I brown and crumble a pound of sausage. Use whatever brand you like. After it is cooked and crumbled well, add about 3 to 4 spoonfulls of flour. Mix it in well. Start pouring in milk and keep stirring. I don't measure. When it starts getting soupy I stop and let it thicken a minute or two. If it get too thick, just add some more milk. I guess a good measure would be about 2 cups to 3 cups of milk. Salt and pepper well, and serve over hot biscuits. Hope this helps you! We love it!:D

Hi, I serve this sausage gravy over hot biscuts (Schwan's frozen style) This is an "outta my head " recipe, it is NOT for anyone dieting or in fear of cholesterol. :)
I serve this to all of our out of town guests. They Love it!

1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 stick butter/margarine
1 quart milk
1 cup flour
poultry seasoning-approx 1tablespoon
salt and pepper- heavy on the pepper

Brown sausage in dutch oven (deep saucepan will do)
break into small pieces
add butter/margarine
add 1/2 of milk to pan bring to slow boil

In a deep bowl mix flour, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, add milk... mix until smooth. I use an electric hand blender.

Add the flour slurry to the sausage and hot milk. Turn the heat to medium. Stir constantly until thick and smooth. I use the hand blender to do this as well.

If the gravy is too thin add a bit of flour, if too thick add a bit of milk

salt and pepper to taste

The gravy is about enough for 6 good servings.

I have a "cheaters" way to make the gravy. 2 tubes of sausage, browned.(We like Bob Evans Savory Sage Sausage but it may be too spicy for some) Add two cans of cream of chicken soup and then add milk until you get the desired consistency. It is yummy and very quick-it is so easy we even make it when we camp. We also use Grands Biscuits for the biscuit portion. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter