Looking for good parade viewing in Frontierland...

JesNJakesMom

Mouseketeer
For the Share a Dream Come True parade we should be somewhere in Frontierland (if my plans hold true). Instead of trecking my family across the park to Main Street or something, I was hoping there would be a good viewing spot somewhere in or near Frontierland.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Well, we have a spot in Liberty Square that has always been a great spot for parade viewing.It's not too far from Frontierland, so maybe it'll help...

Go to the stockade thing near the entrance to the riverboat(you know, the thing that they used to lock your head and arms in during colonial times). About 5 feet in front of that is the spot to stand. If the parade starts on Mai Street, it will come down toward you, and turn to the right directly in front of you. You then get a view of the parade coing at you, and then a side view. If it's coming from over near Splash Mountain, you will get a great side view as it takes a right to head toward Main Street.

We were there on our honeymoon 10 years ago and a Disney employee gave us this tip, and it's always been a great spot!!!!!!

We like to sit on the raised sidewalk right near the shooting gallery. I stake out a spot and DH takes the DS's to shoot for a little while to kill some waiting time.

I agree. I like sitting on the porch outside the country Bear Jambouree. It's more comfortable than sitting on the ground and also, you don't need to stake out a spot as early as you would in Main Street. An added extra is that they set up the carts which sell the turkey legs just across the other side of the "street", so you don't need to go far to get a snack while you wait.;)

Ona

Right outside Peco Bill's Is a knee high stone wall. We sat right on it, and had the best view, no one in front of us... and if we got hungry while waiting, in we went!! ;)
Have a great time!!!

Traci-
Only 71 more days!:D

Across the street from the Diamond Horsheshoe Review! Look for those little brass disks, in the pavement and set up right behind 'em. Before the parade starts, CM's will rope off the parade route and they stick the poles, that the ropes are attached to, into those little brass disks. It was a perfect spot for a parade. One note of caution, however, don't plan on getting out of the park any time soon after that.....Have fun!!

I'd have to agree with mickeem, that stone wall is just right for sitting on. And the best part is, no one can get in front of you. The CM's won't let anyone but those sitting on the wall be there.

Disnee Dad Says........................................ I can't keep track of all the parades, but if this the midday parade, then listen up. If it isn't, delete this message!! If it is the midday parade, watch it from the Adventureland side at the very beginning. If it starts at main street disregard this message. If it starts at the Adventureland side of the park you will be the first to know it is over. Calmly turn around and go to Jungle Cruise with no wait, then Pirates with no wait. Try Aladdin, don't know how that will work beacuse it is new. The parade will cut off 80% of the people, giving you free reign of Adventureland, for a short time!

Thank you for all the great advice. It is the mid-day parade (Share a Dream Come True). However, I thought all the parades started from Main Street. How do you know where the parade will start? I would really like to try out your idea Disnee Dad!

Thanks again!

although it is a pain in the patootie to find a spot early, there is just something special about seeing the parade come down main street with the castle behind it. so i guess i would have to vote for main street.

I believe all of the parades in the afternoon start in the Adventure Land Area of the park and end on Main Street, then in the evening it starts on Main Street and ends up in Adventure Land. They just start from the last place they ended at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter