Looking for general wheelchair advice

BrettS

DIS Veteran
My grandmother is staying with us for a few days and we're thinking about going to the MK tomorrow. She's been having some trouble with her knee lately, so I'm thinking it probably makes sense to rent her a wheelchair while we're at the park. She should have no trouble walking short distances or transferring to rides or anything, but I'm not sure her knee could handle walking around all day.

I looked around here for a sticky or something and I couldn't find one, but if I missed it, could someone point me in the right direction. Otherwise, I'm just looking for some general advice on getting a wheelchair... where would I rent one at the MK? What is the cost? Any advice on getting around or going through the ride lines? Anything else I might not have thought of?

Thanks much,
Brett

All right... so apparently I'm loosing my mind;) I'm not sure how I managed to miss it before, but as soon as I posted this I found the FAQ sticky. So, I think most of my questions have been answered, but since I already posted this message, if you still have any advice feel free to let me know:)

Thanks,
Brett

Oh, you are not the first person who missed what was right in front of you, so don't feel bad.

You found what you were looking for, that's the important point.:grouphug:

One piece of advice would be to bring a towel of something to sit on because the seats are vinyl and can get hot (although when I heard the weather, it sounds like Orlando is not that warm right now).
The other piece of advice I have is to watch out for the BIG hill at the passage that goes between Fantasyland near Small World and the area by Haunted Mansion. There is a also a big hill by Splash Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter