Looking for feedback on Geyser Point

AliceInJerseyLand

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I think this looks like a great laid-back place to eat while we check out decorations at WL on our Christmas trip. What do you recommend as far as time of day to enjoy the food and, more importantly, the atmosphere? Breakfast or dinner? Im thinking maybe it won't be as enjoyable when its dark out. Keep in mind we will be with a 6 and a 2 year old. Thanks :)

I’m not sure what they offer for breakfast. We ate dinner there last June and enjoyed it. I loved sitting outside by the lake. Not sure what the weather will be like when you are there but it is outside.

I’m not sure what they offer for breakfast. We ate dinner there last June and enjoyed it. I loved sitting outside by the lake. Not sure what the weather will be like when you are there but it is outside.
When you were there, was it light out or dark? I guess Im thinking maybe we would miss out on the views if its after dark.

Geyser point has great views of the lake and is a relaxing place to have drink and something to eat. The menu is limited and ever changing.Breakfast menu has changed a lot and not for the better in my opinion.If you are going in December, weather can be cool, if not cold.

As far as night viewing is concerned, I’ve heard it has a nice view of the electric water parade. The parade has been the same since the 70s and I have a lot of nostalgic love for it... not sure I’d time a visit around it but if an evening visit fits into the plan better, it’s something. As previous posters mentioned, weather might be a factor. Love the WL at Christmas!!

Hi all! I think this looks like a great laid-back place to eat while we check out decorations at WL on our Christmas trip. What do you recommend as far as time of day to enjoy the food and, more importantly, the atmosphere? Breakfast or dinner? Im thinking maybe it won't be as enjoyable when its dark out. Keep in mind we will be with a 6 and a 2 year old. Thanks :)
If you were interested in trying GP, I would suggest dining in the lodge (We like Territory Lounge for an app and beverage) then head outside for just a drink afterwards. It is also great to hit up for a night cap after late night at MK. Even if you are not staying there, you can uber afterwards back to your hotel.

They do have heaters if the evening is cool. You are correct that it is more relaxed. We ate there for lunch and enjoyed it very much. My two cents for a Christmas trip is - plan on going here. If the weather is nice keep the plans. If not then do as Walle71 said and dine inside (Territory Lounge is my all time favorite little lounge on property and has great apps) then go out and have a drink and sit for a few to see the ambiance of Geyser Point.

Breakfast at GP is now "check with GP daily to see the offerings" or some such language, so I wouldn't count on getting much there. Roaring Fork has more options, but they're no longer as good as they used to be since the refurbishment last year. Fewer offerings and poorer quality overall. Now, there is a rumor--as yet unannounced but given a few signs--that a character meal is coming to Artist Point, likely breakfast. However, that's still unconfirmed. However, it would likely begin sometime around the holiday season if true.

Geyser Point for any other meal is a mixed bag. They have a few items that are solid and a few that aren't. Since they've switched it over to having to be seated, the spontaneity of the place has taken a hit. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't make a special trip there unless you're staying at the Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!