Looking for definitive answer re. Christmas Decor

Vanvmom

Where was I going?
We are planning a DL trip in November. We've been AP holders in the past, and have been many times in Nov (different weeks different years). I can't remember when they put up the Christmas decorations. Is it after the first weekend or later in the month? :confused3

I know that the man (as well as the mouse) in red makes his appearance in different locations at DCA and DL starting after Thanksgiving, but we love to see the tree and main street (as well as The Small World area). We want to go as early in the month as we can to minimize crowds, but have friends coming with us this year that have never done DL :eek: I know, I didn't think it was possible to reach adult hood in CA without having been to DL, but we met someone unique (he's going to celebrate his 50th birthday as part of the trip as well)! :bounce: We would love to show our friend Dave how wonderful the mouse house looks at Christmas :teeth:

Also, while we are on the NOV. subject... how crowded is Veteran's Day weekend? Summer crowded, holiday crowded, somewhere in between? :confused:

Thanks for any help! :listen:

Decorations should be up by the first weekend in November this year - 11/5-6. The HM Nightmare Before Christmas and It's a Small World Holiday should be done, the big tree in Town Square, holiday fireworks w/snow (if they have them), and the decorations in Disneyland should be pretty much done. Last year, the Christmas alligator that hangs over New Orleans Square wasn't put up until just about Thanksgiving. DCA gets a gold toned Christmas decoration. If they get the Christmas parade (which is speculation at this point), then the park might get more decorations.

The Christmas parade begins on Thanksgiving Day, and the Grand Californian Grand Lobby gets decked out around the same time. I remember going there in the beginning of November last year, and it looked normal. Went again first week in December and it had a huge tree and Santa Claus -- so nice.

Veterans Day weekend - I would expect moderately high crowds.

Do you happen to know what the schedule is for the 50th firework show? Will they still do it during the holidays, or will they switch to the holiday one? I've seen the video of the 50th one and would love to see it in person, but if not, the Christmas one is great too!

When we went the first week of November in 2003 they were decorating. It was really neat to leave the park at night and when you came back in the morning there was a huge Christmas tree in the square. We enjoyed watching the progress every day. We almost missed It's a Small World though, they closed it down to decorate it for Christmas and only opened it up the last day of our trip. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter