Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Everyone must be having fun in the sun today!:beach:

Lydia, I got my stampin' up order already today! That was really fast! I got a couple of stamp pads and some little "curvy phrase" stamps with some little cards. I thought it would be fun to make some cards - I'm starting small!:)
Tammie - don't forget I have tons of the SU stuff here too that I've collected over the years. I'm not saying don't buy from Lydia ;) I'm just saying I might have it laying around here, not being used and I could just send it to you. Then you could buy something else from her and have MORE stuff. :dance3: Carlos calls this my Enron accounting. :lmao:

Also, check out splitcoast stampers (1 word) to get ideas for your stamp sets. They list them by name of set - you click on that and see what others have made.

I'm blowing off CKU & CKC this fall. After last year and early this year and the disney trips - need to cut back.

I can't wait to book my flight for Nov. NO sales yet, and I want the price to drop a little. $107 each way for us is REALLY high. Generally, about $70 is right, but I've seen it down to $45 a couple years back. The good ole days. :sad2:

Off to pick up DH soon and get the car out of the shop. $3k :sad2: So help me, this will be his LAST import car! :mad:

Okay, so we're starting to talk trip planning and my BF is leaving it all to me. :confused3

Looks like we'll arrive Sat at 11 am - so to BC around 12:30-1. We'll leave Monday and our choice is 2pm (arrive home at 3pm) or leave 6:30, get home at 7:30 pm.

We have 2 base tickets. I'm thinking Sunday should be EPCOT & dinner at Le Cellier. And get the late flight out on Monday and do DHS that day. If I get the birthday fastpass option, we could probably knock out all the good rides rather quick - right? I think you get 5 rides - 3 major, two minor.

What do you guys think? Do the BW Sat, Epcot Sun & DHS Mon (leaving day?) The only hesitation I have about going to DHS is they are having some Art Masters thing there that weekend, and it looks like a Golf event is in town too - thinking it might be mucho crowded.

What do you guys think?:confused3

PS - just found out that for DHS you pick two "Donald" choices, and two "Daisy" choices
Donald: RnR Coaster, TSM, and ToT
Daisy: Star Tours & LIttle Mermaid.

Hummm.... maybe take the money instead :confused3 Thinking the crowds will be light mid-Nov.

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing okay. I'm in a funk. No reason, just it is hot outside, I'm in the dumps, yada yada yada. typical stuff though.

Then I see SWA's ad for Milwaukee to Orlando for $35! I wish I lived there!:sad2:

hmmmm 7 hours tgo milwaukee:lmao:

Okay, so we're starting to talk trip planning and my BF is leaving it all to me. :confused3

Looks like we'll arrive Sat at 11 am - so to BC around 12:30-1. We'll leave Monday and our choice is 2pm (arrive home at 3pm) or leave 6:30, get home at 7:30 pm.

We have 2 base tickets. I'm thinking Sunday should be EPCOT & dinner at Le Cellier. And get the late flight out on Monday and do DHS that day. If I get the birthday fastpass option, we could probably knock out all the good rides rather quick - right? I think you get 5 rides - 3 major, two minor.

What do you guys think? Do the BW Sat, Epcot Sun & DHS Mon (leaving day?) The only hesitation I have about going to DHS is they are having some Art Masters thing there that weekend, and it looks like a Golf event is in town too - thinking it might be mucho crowded.

What do you guys think?:confused3

PS - just found out that for DHS you pick two "Donald" choices, and two "Daisy" choices
Donald: RnR Coaster, TSM, and ToT
Daisy: Star Tours & LIttle Mermaid.

Hummm.... maybe take the money instead :confused3 Thinking the crowds will be light mid-Nov.

Lorrie - I say take the late flight. Oh, and I have never had longer than a 10 minute wait for Star Tours...... But RnR and ToT and TSM that is a major score!!!!! Isn't this October?

LOL LOL LOL DD6 just dropped her Ninetendo stylus into the toilet!:rotfl: so gross! Now she wants to use mine - I DONT THINK SO!

Lorrie - I hear you about the flights, but I'd take the later flight always so you can get more time in the park!!

Ok sitting here with vertigo from this darn cold. :sick: Took girls to BABear and Children's place and by the time we got back home I wanted to die. DH is taking them to his mom's to get her grill that she doesn't want. I'm going to sleep.

hmmmm 7 hours tgo milwaukee:lmao:
:lmao: That is a LONG trip, Laura.

Lorrie - I say take the late flight. Oh, and I have never had longer than a 10 minute wait for Star Tours...... But RnR and ToT and TSM that is a major score!!!!! Isn't this October?
Hmmm. We're planning Mid Nov, so I dunno what the crowds will be like. I would think lighter than normal. When you look at the crowd charts, it looks like a great deal less than May.

Lydia - glad to know the online stuff works now.

Cammie - the cell phone number - congrats! I bet you are about to burst at the seems! Remind me - when is it? Is it soon?

I'm doing insurance paperwork. Nothing like an audit to put you in :scared: mode. The thing that kills me is they have all this info there. Our Flex Card audits us on medical stuff - asking for EOBs - which are produced BY THEIR COMPANY! You can't tell me this crap isn't available - someone just needs to get smart and ask for access. :snooty:

I'm beat. I sware the heat is sucking the life out of me - and sorry we've been so MIA. I have had the kids in the pool most days. Nothing much else to do.

Kara - how is life in paradise. Any critters coming out yet? :laughing:

I just got my paperwork together for DH's insurance audit...what a PITA!

The thunderstorm is freaking out my dogs right now...I can get them off my lap!

Hi Girls! I'm going to try to reply - you all had a busy day!

Cammie,hope the pool party was fun! Yeah on the BG phone #:woohoo: I can't wait to see how excited Lauren is! I signed up for Twitter today, and I saw some things you were following from someone who was at a concert - I thought tonight was the night!:rotfl2: I still don't understand how to re-tweet or comment. Maybe you don't comment like on FB?
My teeth are finally feeling almost better. My appt was 2 hrs too. I hope you don't hurt like I did. I didn't need pain pills last night. Just Advil and only Advil twice today.

Lydia, bummer you have to wait to do ADRs. At least when you do call, you and the 90+10 rule, so you can book them all at once. All that paperwork stinks.

Lorrie - Good to see you came out of the pool!:goodvibes About the SU, thanks! I would buy things from you - I'm just dipping my toe in. Like, I have a Mickey and Minnie set and didn't have ink until now. So when I stamp it on a page, do I color it in? With what? Also, what is CKU and CKC? I take it a big conference? I know CM and also Close to My Heart, and then the local shops, that's all. I do want to get the new Cricut Create. Small size with the features of the Expressions. I will definately set up a scrapbook area in my den this time.

I would take the later flight too, especially since you live that close. I would love that luxury. We always have to leave the crack of dawn to get here by evening. As for the DHS FP, I think I would take it. It is really hard to get all of those big things done there - they don't seem to let you have the FP until you can use the next one. By the time you can get another one, they might be gone for the day.

Tina, hope you're feeling better.

Jillian, I'm glad things seem okay so far, I'll be anxious to hear how your other tests come out.

Kara, don't forget to stop by and entertain us while you're livin' it up at the country club!

Hi Laura, Tessa

Debbie, Erin, (looked at your pics on FB :thumbsup2)

Jim will be home for the Summer in 37 hours!:yay:

Tessa and Erin, I can't believe your gas prices!:scared1: We would have to start walking and riding our bikes. What's funny is that our whole society is built around cars - we wouldn't know what to do.

I hate that it is that high, i use my car a lot but not as much as i used to before they rocketed

Good morning girls!

The girls are done with school. Lauren is officially an 8th grader. :sad2:

Still cloudy here today but there is the promise of the sun appearing later. I hope so. We have an end-of-school year pool party to go to today. Was supposed to be yesterday but it never stopped raining. It's not raining now but there is no sun; and it's only 70 degrees. Telling ya right now - there's no way Amanda will be happy in a pool in the temps are not in the 80s or above. So I guess it looks like she and I will be hanging on the patio for the afternoon.

Then we're going to dinner and to see the movie UP tonite. Full day. I'm glad school is over though. Like not having to be on such a set schedule.

Hey so how was your pool party? And Up?
So glad the girls are out of school now :woohoo:

I am now in possession of the Jonas Brothers' bodyguard's cell phone number!

Oh.My.God!

I'm so giddy - Lauren is going to flip out! This is REALLY going to happen!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cool1::banana::yay:

Oooohhhhhhh how exciting, when is it you go? Well done for still keeping it a secret :woohoo:

Ok sitting here with vertigo from this darn cold. :sick: Took girls to BABear and Children's place and by the time we got back home I wanted to die. DH is taking them to his mom's to get her grill that she doesn't want. I'm going to sleep.

Hope your sleep did you some good Tina, feel better soon :hug:

Debbie, Erin, (looked at your pics on FB :thumbsup2)

Jim will be home for the Summer in 37 hours!:yay:

Thanks Tammie and WOOOHOOOO for Jim nearly home, i am so pleased for you :hug:

We had another busy day yesterday, i have done so much clearing out of rubbish this week woohoo me, i have cleared out my bedroom due to new furniture woohoo, then yesterday did my dumping ground of a shed, am taking a car load to the tip and a car load to the charity shop today and then next week i will hopefully be doing a car boot sale to get rid of the other pile, plus i have things on ebay too :woohoo: look at me go, need those Disney pennies!!!
Also Chloe finally had her performance of Twelfth Night last night and i have to say they did an amazing job, obv was an adaptation not the full length play, hahaha but they used all the proper language, what a great job.
Chloe was a maid/ narrator and she delivered her lines perfectly, not that i'm biased or anything ;) Here's a little piccy of Chloe (on the left) and her friend who played the Jester
IMGA0016-1.jpg

Today brings more clearing out grrrr then after school we are off over to my cousins, more cuddles from scrummy baby and my little cousin has her prom so i am taking Chloe to see her pull up in her dress etc, we don't do prom over here like you guys although her school does it a little bit hahahaha so busy busy again, then school summer fair tomorrow which Cj is doing her dance in, unfortunately only half of the girls are gonna be there, the rest can't make it, shame!

Hello to all .. Hope everyone is good and only busy doing fun things :hug:

Erin - Such a cute pic of Chloe! Glad to hear she did so well with play. The JB concert is on July 17th. I just talked to my friend the other day and he's told me the bodyguard knows all about me and that I should call him about 10 days before the concert. Lauren still doesn't know; still undecided if I should tell her the day of the concert or wait until we get there and surprise her at the very last minute.

Lorrie - I agree with everyone else - TAKE THE LATE FLIGHT! ALWAYS! :laughing: And yes, it is light crowds in November so I really don't think you'll have a problem with long waits. I would get to DHS at rope drope though - just to ensure you hit the big three. One question though - is it SuperSoap Weekend also? That's usually in mid-Nov. That may affect crowds a little bit.

Tammie - YAY on Jim coming home soon! Guess we won't hear from you for a few days.;) As for Twitter - it's my account; but Lauren is the one who uses it the most. She follows alot of the Disney stars. And yes, there was some girl from the JB fanclub live "tweeting" from the concert the other day. Actually, she was following a couple of girls - it was hysterical. I felt like I was watching Mission Control - with every detail being reported back and forth.

As for the pool party: it was fun but there is alot of drama going on between the group of girls - and it may be spilling over to some of us moms. One girl had started a nasty rumor about one of the other girls (Lauren told me about it); they've made the girl apologize but the girl who the rumor was about is still hurt and has pulled away from the pack. The mother of the rumor-starter has NO CLUE what a brat her daughter has become and she sat there yesterday pretty much bad-mouthing the one girl who wasn't there. It was everything I could do to keep my mouth shut. (Lauren DOES NOT want me getting involved.) THEN.......................another MOTHER decides to tell Lauren and her friend (the only two who are JB fans) that they're gay. WTH? She proceeds to go on and say she read it on the internet and that's why they wear those "rings". Lauren and her friend just shook their head, said they didn't believe it and walked away. But me and the friend's mom jumped all over this other mother. First of all, if they are - who cares? Secondly, those rings are purity rings - so if our kids want to think those boys are still virgins, then LET THEM. I was actually sitting there in disbelief that this mom felt the need to rip on them in front of the girls. But of course, HER daughter is one of the friends that makes Lauren feel embarassed for liking them.:mad: Now I know where the kids get it from.

Just cant catch up with anything! I feel like I am in half *** mode! I gotta run guys but I will hopefully be back catching up after Wisconsin this weekend. Mark is off today so he has thrown me all off! MY computer is still f'd up and I have a house that looks like a gigantic messed up unorganized play room!
As always I'll have my phone on me!

Okay guys, slap my hand but I'm totally quick skimming today. I'm short on time but wanted to pop by quickly.

Lorrie - Good to see you came out of the pool!:goodvibes About the SU, thanks! I would buy things from you - I'm just dipping my toe in. Like, I have a Mickey and Minnie set and didn't have ink until now. So when I stamp it on a page, do I color it in? With what? Also, what is CKU and CKC? I take it a big conference? I know CM and also Close to My Heart, and then the local shops, that's all. I do want to get the new Cricut Create. Small size with the features of the Expressions. I will definately set up a scrapbook area in my den this time.]
Tammie - yay that Jim comes home soon!:cool1:

PS - just to clear the air, my offer was to see if I had some I wasn't using to just pass on to you, not for you to buy anything from me sweetie. :goodvibes CKU = Creating Keepsakes gigs. Conventions, etc. They also have a magazine that I really like. As for coloring in the stamping - you can. Some images lend to that, I like to use a stazon pad and stamp my image and use watercolors to color it in - very pretty. For Mickey, I'd use back ink though and then just stamp on the cardstock I wanted. You can also color your stamps with markers and then stamp them (think brown on base of a tree, green leaves) Just some ideas. :goodvibes

One question though - is it SuperSoap Weekend also? That's usually in mid-Nov. That may affect crowds a little bit.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that last year was the last one. THe only thing out there this year is a golf event (sounds rather large) at one of the courses and this Art Masters thing at DTD. Other than that, I'm clear. :yay:

Yeah, I'll take the late flight, it is MY birthday that day, so I'm picking. :snooty::lmao:

Off to get a shower in - I've been designing an ad for my friend. She is being a SU vendor at the CKC show coming here (Creating Keepsakes) so I'm doing their ad.

Hope you all are doing very well and I'll catch up soon. Miss you guys :grouphug:

Cammie - what a B**** that mother is!!! I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut!!!

Erin - yea for Chloe!!!! Love Shakespeare!!! Her pic is so cute!

Tammie - yea for Jim coming home!!!!

Lorrie - yea for low crowds in November and taking the later flight!

And NO, we don't live at a country club - it's a public golf course with a kick a** pool and recreation area!!!! Although the rumors are flying on fb that the cabana bar is closing!!! :scared1: I told Jeff if this happens we're selling our house! :rotfl2:

Tomorrow Ally has to swim 25m breaststroke, 25m freestyle, and 100m freestyle relay and 100m medley relay (she swims breaststroke) - she is really nervous cause she has never competed in breaststroke. So we went up to the pool around 2ish and her coach was there (she's a college soph and lifeguard here, too) and she helped Ally work on her stroke. Then Jeff and I made her swim another 100m!!! Hopefully she'll do well....

The clouds are starting to form now - hopefully no storms, it's hot and I wanna head back to the pool at 5!

Whew! So I'm finally sitting here vegging out after an extremely exhausting day. I bought 12 = 50lb bags of sand and then I put the pool up with the girls help. Hopefully we'll be able to use the pool this weekend and expecially for DD10's birthday party! It's about to rain - again!

Can't wait to see the Princess Protection Program on Disney channel tonight.

Thanks everyone for your good vibes!:goodvibes Jim will be home by noon. I still have to clean the house tomorrow morning - He's having a birthday BBQ for me on Sunday - so I have to have the house and patio clean for company. :lmao: Really it's just our kids and 'rents, but I still want it decent. I'm sure I'll check in late at night - Jim sleeps early.

Cammie, I'm so mad at that mom. Girls can be so mean - it doesn't help when the moms are too.

Kara, good luck for Ally today!

Erin, let's see - tip=the dump? Car boot sale = garage sale? :rotfl2: Love it! I think your English is so much more descriptive than ours! And congrats to Chloe! she looks so cute.

Debbie, maybe things will feel better when you get back from Wisconsin.

Lorrie, thanks for the info. I feel so clumsy with all this stuff, but I really want to make more time for it.

Tina, I hope the rain goes away.

Hi to all you other CFWW girls! Jillian, Laura, Tessa, Lydia...

Okay, girls - I'd better get some sleep so I can get up and get things done. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hiya all,

well, an update - the guinea pigs are alive, growing and thriving!!! woo hoooo:woohoo: and I'm ALLERGIC TO THEM!!!! aarrrggghhhhhh. It's nothing too serious, but when I carry them on a bare arm, where their noses snuffle about, I get a raised red rash - so I guess I'm allergic to guinea pig snot .... yippeee:sad2:. But - guess what, I still get to do the day to day mangement of them (though the kids get the poopy clean up stuff!) , so I guess I have to just put up with it.

Oh, and the translation, yep the tip is the dump, but a car boot is sooooooooo much more than a garage sale I think:confused:.....

It is an EVENT - you and about 200 others take a car (boot = trunk) full of junk (well, wonderful resellable items hopefully), set up a trestle table in a field , get the stuff out - usually in horizontal rain at some ridiculous hour of the morning and sit there whilst folks criticise your stuff (loudly) and try to get something brand new for a few pennies... If they can't then they can always try to break it where it doesn't really matter for a discount, hide it in a pile of other stuff hoping you are too busy to notice, or just steal it whilst no one is looking. You spend about 5 hours like this in order to take home half your stuff (now wet and dirty) and up to oooooooo about $100.

A great British tradition!:goodvibes Sorry Erin - I couldn't resist, can you tell I've had some baaaaaaaad :eek: car boot experiences.

Tessa

I am a huge fan of the Cricut Create. Which cartridges do you have? I have Don Juan; Home Decor Accents; Bags, Tags, Boxes, and More; and Mini Monogram.

I forget who asked about coloring stamps but my favorite thing to do is "chalk" my stamps. (You can do this with any chalk)

I also like to use a blender pen to make a water-color effect.

I really wish I wasn't packing up my crafting studio-I want to make stuff!

Realtor coming this morning to give us a price opinion...I'm also buying stuff to stage the house and we are painting this weekend. Sad to take my pictures down but I think it's recommended to "de-personalize" when selling a home.

Hiya all,

well, an update - the guinea pigs are alive, growing and thriving!!! woo hoooo:woohoo: and I'm ALLERGIC TO THEM!!!! aarrrggghhhhhh. It's nothing too serious, but when I carry them on a bare arm, where their noses snuffle about, I get a raised red rash - so I guess I'm allergic to guinea pig snot .... yippeee:sad2:. But - guess what, I still get to do the day to day mangement of them (though the kids get the poopy clean up stuff!) , so I guess I have to just put up with it.

Oh, and the translation, yep the tip is the dump, but a car boot is sooooooooo much more than a garage sale I think:confused:.....

It is an EVENT - you and about 200 others take a car (boot = trunk) full of junk (well, wonderful resellable items hopefully), set up a trestle table in a field , get the stuff out - usually in horizontal rain at some ridiculous hour of the morning and sit there whilst folks criticise your stuff (loudly) and try to get something brand new for a few pennies... If they can't then they can always try to break it where it doesn't really matter for a discount, hide it in a pile of other stuff hoping you are too busy to notice, or just steal it whilst no one is looking. You spend about 5 hours like this in order to take home half your stuff (now wet and dirty) and up to oooooooo about $100.

A great British tradition!:goodvibes Sorry Erin - I couldn't resist, can you tell I've had some baaaaaaaad :eek: car boot experiences.

Tessa

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:That description is so funny!

Sorry your little critters are giving you a rash.

I am a huge fan of the Cricut Create. Which cartridges do you have? I have Don Juan; Home Decor Accents; Bags, Tags, Boxes, and More; and Mini Monogram.

I forget who asked about coloring stamps but my favorite thing to do is "chalk" my stamps. (You can do this with any chalk)

I also like to use a blender pen to make a water-color effect.

I really wish I wasn't packing up my crafting studio-I want to make stuff!

Realtor coming this morning to give us a price opinion...I'm also buying stuff to stage the house and we are painting this weekend. Sad to take my pictures down but I think it's recommended to "de-personalize" when selling a home.

I didn't get my cricut yet, but that's the one I want. My DDILs both have the expression, they make tons of cute stuff. Lindsay has a Disney cartridge, and I'm not sure what else.

Thanks for the stamp info - I'll look up that chalk technique. Do you spray it with something?

I hope things go well with your house!

:scared1::scared1: Just heard on Fox News that a tornado touched down in several places in Jacksonville. Kara - everything alright?

Hiya all,

Tessa

Tessa - you sound so disappointed about the guinea pigs! DD6 and I are allergic to animal fur and I'm allergic to most animal salavia so I feel for you! The girls keep asking me for a pet but there isn't one out there that doesn't need to be fed every day cause i won't take care of them!

Well I finished the 3 dz cupcakes, washed the kitchen and bathroom floor, washed all the lawn furniture, cleaned out the pool - all for tomorrows party.Whew I'm exhausted.

Tessa - I am laughing so hard of A) your descriptin of your pig allergie and B) the car boot sale! Even though I've never heard you speak, I'm imagining it in my head.... with all the sarcasm thrown in there!!! :rotfl2:

I think Ally and I are gonna head to AC Moore to get some scrapbook stuff. I don't know how to do all that fancy stuff though. Wish I did and I may take a class or two one of these days. But then I know I would WANT all the fancy stuff and that's just another obsession I don't need right now.....

So.... I can't stay away from all the Michael Jackson coverage. It just really makes me think about my own mortality, since he's really the first superstar of our generation to die unexpectedly, at too young. As strange as he was, I'm not convinced he ever hurt any children. I guess only he knows for sure.

Swim Meet update (bet y'all will be glad when this season is over, huh? :rotfl:):

25 freestyle - took 4th of 6 but she beat her "arch rival" in her heat - a girl from her class this year, on the same team. For some reason this girl ignores Ally at swim team and tries to act like she is better (and she IS cause she's bigger, and this is her 3rd year on the team), but Ally beat her by 3/10 of a second!!! Overall she was 5th out of 14.

25 breast stroke - took 5 out of 6 in her heat and 11 out of 15 overall. This was her first time swimming this stroke in competition and she was happy that she wasn't last! :lmao:

100 freestyle relaty - they whooped everyone else and won their heat - they were second overall, only beat out by another team from our team.

100 medley relay - I think they finished 3rd? The first girl who swam backstroke fell far behind. Then Ally swam breaststroke again and held her own. Her stroke was much better in this than it was in the individual race. Then the gal swimming butterfly made up a lot of time! Our freestyle swimmer held her own to finish it off.

It's so fun to watch and cheer! I volunteered to be at the pool at 7am to help set up and I was the only one who showed up! A dad showed up at about 730 and then Jeff got there soon after with Ally. But where were all the parents? Then I ended up working as a timer the first half of the meet. There are parents who have not worked the meets at all. Heck, I'd like to just kick back and relax too, and cheer for the team, but someone has to help out. It drives me insane!!!! There are three of us mothers who are about to say something to the other parents, but I know we won't and I guess we really shouldn't. But still........

Heading up to Amelia Island today to the beach. We were at the pool today for 9 hours and I don't think I can do it again today!!!! I was so tired when I got home. 7-11 for the meet and then we ate there and just hung out all afternoon. Long, hot day.......

Tammie - I don't know about any tornadoes..... I know some storms whipped through on Friday but they skirted around us. I'll have to check the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!