Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie6221

<font color=hotpink>I do believe hangers are again
Hi, my name is Debbie and I am a control freak! PART 2!
UPDATE: This has become an ongoing thread where people can come and talk about their worries, anxiety, control issues, trip planning, holiday complaining, anything you want to vent about thread!
Here is the link to our previous thread…..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1244337

There is also our trip check list included in this thread.

Now back to me.....
Anyone else out there like me? I can't stand when things are out of my hands. I worry about everything too! Please join us so you don't feel alone. We can all crab about stuff together and talk to someone who understands how we feel.

WDW is kind of good for our kind. We can make reservations, look at schedules, and have a plan for the whole trip but.....
…….don't throw any curve balls our way like refurbishments or a bad view or God forbid someone gets sick!
We might go crazy, out of our minds, coo coo.

Because I am a control freak this also adds up to "worry freak" too.
Worrying that stuff is going to go wrong that you can't fix!
Am I alone?
Stp by…lurk…join in….. don’t feel like you need to read the whole thread or know us before you chat. We don’t care about that!

Shout out to all those who have come & gone and for those who are still here!!!!!!

Magicfor2 (Tammie)
DizzyErin(Erin)
Ahibird (keahi)
tttessa (tessa)
Lovin Life ( Pam2)
Camster0307
Sewer
soontobewed07 (Jillian)
karajebo0 (Kara)
Becky2005
UsNew2Disney2008(Renee)
Pbharris (Pam )
DisneyOhana (Lisa)
TurtleBug (Leslie)
CrdisMom(Laura)
TinkLvr (Maureen)
TiDoubleGerr (Kristin)
2girlsmom (Kristy)
SilverMickey
amyhughes(Amy)
MamaJen
DisneyJenn18 (Jenn)
Portia9(Yvette)
Fromscratchmom (Sheril)
tea4sanity (Joanne)
hannahsmomma (Jaclyn)

BEFORE TRIP LIST
Make sure all ADR are made at 180 days, save all confirmation numbers in your WDW trip folder.

Make copies of the credit cards you will be bringing and using on the trip to keep separate from actual cards.

Call every few weeks before hand to confirm your reservations at the hotel are OK.

PACKING LIST--CARRY-ONS
Medicines
Vitamins
WDW trip folder
Travel Guide (my Unofficial Guide)
One change of clothes
Contact lens supplies
Swimsuits
Sunglasses
Camera
Video Camera
Cell phone charger
Recharger for camera batteries

PACKING LIST--CHECKED BAGS
____pairs of underwear x ____ people = ____
____pairs of socks x ____ people = ____
____pairs of pajamas x ____ people = ____
____pairs of jeans x ____ people = ____
____pairs of shorts x ____ people = ____
____t-shirts x ____ people = ____
flip-flops x ____ people = ____
Sunday dress x ____ people = ____
Sunday suit x ____ people = ____
Sunday shoes x ____ people = ____
toothpaste
toothbrushes x ____ people = ____
sunscreen
hairbrush/comb
aloe vera gel
razors
deodorant
makeup bag
spare glasses
small "souvenirs" (I bought on the cheap ahead of time to surprise the kids)
healthy snack bars
fanny packs
rain ponchos
pre-cut moleskin
first aid kit
our homemade autograph books

TRAVEL DAY
Make sure everyone has there Driver's License’s (ID)

DURING TRIP
Collect all maps and schedules so you can plan out where and when you will be doing what on each day (there's no time to waste)

LEAVING TRIP
Check all drawers and under beds and furniture (don't forget the bathtub area)

OK, where should I be? You know I'm on edge right now - and you give me TWO threads to choose from? What are you trying to do to me???? :rotfl2: If everyone shows up tonight, we'll go through a lot of pages tonight. So should we start here? Aaaaaaaahhhh! Too many decisions! :scared1: :rotfl2:

OK, where should I be? You know I'm on edge right now - and you give me TWO threads to choose from? What are you trying to do to me???? :rotfl2: If everyone shows up tonight, we'll go through a lot of pages tonight. So should we start here? Aaaaaaaahhhh! Too many decisions! :scared1: :rotfl2:

I think we should try and chat on the old thread as long as possible tonight!
Also, I think we might try the "live chat" feature!

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! OK...I got the first message and thought I was losing my mind. It's very easy to do.

I got the 2nd one and this makes a whole lot more sense.

I don't post all that often (mostly because I can't keep up).

I'm being a worry wart at the moment but not about Disney. DH was let go of his job on last Friday due to lack of work. That really stinks. So, we are in "crisis" mode over here (although not too panic striken just yet -- give me a couple weeks). We've BTDT before but last time was when I found out I was pregnant with DS-4. At least this time I didn't have that news to add to things.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! OK...I got the first message and thought I was losing my mind. It's very easy to do.

I got the 2nd one and this makes a whole lot more sense.

I don't post all that often (mostly because I can't keep up).

I'm being a worry wart at the moment but not about Disney. DH was let go of his job on last Friday due to lack of work. That really stinks. So, we are in "crisis" mode over here (although not too panic striken just yet -- give me a couple weeks). We've BTDT before but last time was when I found out I was pregnant with DS-4. At least this time I didn't have that news to add to things.

Good luck with all of that Becky!!!!

Becky - Hope things get better soon.

Debbie - Hope your DS is doing okay. I was thinking that maybe we could get together again soon. The weather is a little better.

I hope it's okay if I join in! I am a constant worrywart!

DH says that I'm not happy unless I have something to worry about. Now, not only do I have to worry about what to pack, I have to worry about making all kinds of reservations.

Let me explain. Before July of 2007, I lived in South Florida. This was a wonderful thing. I was within 250 miles of the place I love most. Well, within drive for a short weekend trip. Sigh, that all changed last year.

Hubby and I decided to move away from the only place I had ever called home and moved to Alabama. Now, I am planning a trip for October. I always obsessed about what to pack, how much to budget etc. But now, it just seems like there is so much more.

DH and I have decided that for the first time ever, we are going to stay onsite completely. No renting a car, no going to Outback or Mickey D's for dinner on I-drive. Much to my son's delight, we are going to be flying. So, now in addition to everything else I have to worry about, I have to worry about making flight reservations.

I love planning the trip, but part of me worries that I will forget something. So, I do everything myself. Letting DH and DS have some control, but I need to have control over the main parts myself.

Thanks for letting me speak my mind.

Hi Lisa!!!!!! Glad you are still with us!

Welcome CatNipRules! This is a place for you! Feel free to stop by anytime. We're here for ya! Good luck with all your plans. Being onsite is GREAT!!!! I am WDW spoiled but we always stay on site and usually on the monorail. My DH also just goes along with his crazy wife's plans so I can relate.....

The other girls are still doing a lot of chatting at our other thread since it hasn't been closed yet so check both places.

Welcome Michelle! I feel your pain (we all do!). You are soooo in the right place though. We love to plan, obsess, replan, obsess, change plans, obsess! :rotfl2: And I'm so sorry that you moved further away from the World. We just moved to Jacksonville so we are not a bit closer than we used to be (SC). There are always pluses and minuses. My fear now is that we will ruin WDW by being too close. Is that even possible????

Believe it or not, I do think it is possible. We went so much that we actually got bored with it.

It got to the point where we could do all the parks in 1 day. We knew what rides we wanted to go on. So we would park hop all day long. Got very tiring after awhile.

LOL! I am so glad I found this place. I think I will fit right in.!

Michelle - I totally understand your worries. I am getting a little better with the worrying about forgetting things. The last time we were at Disney we brought sunscreen but left it in the room one day when we were at the pool. I had my room key so I bought more sunscreen at the resort gift shop just so I didn't have to walk all the way back to the room. It helped me to relax more even w/the extra expense. I always worry about money but try not to anymore on vacation.

I always worry about money but try not to anymore on vacation.

That sounds like our family. DH is the saver in our house and I am the spender. Every once in awhile he has to have a little "talk" with me! :rotfl: but when we're in WDW, he laughs and says that the pixie dust gets him because HE is the one who is splurging out crazy stuff!!!! I love it!

I have a horrible fear of leaving my CPAP at home when we leave for Disney. I know that if I did that I would be a bear to deal with while there...Not to mention that I'd end up getting sick from lack of sleep.

Something that helps you sleep. It basically keeps your airways open.

Yikes. I have been able to sneak away to check the other thread and now this one is taking off. I need to increase my disboard time. :)

Hey ladies how come you're all over here already :laughing: i spotted it and thought someone had pinched your idea Debbie :laughing:

Nah, just getting prepared for our big move!!! It just might happen while you're touring the U.S. and WDW, Erin!!!! :cool1:

We're everywhere...............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter