Looking for advice on vacation

lyshia04

Mouseketeer
I have a few questions if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. I am a Disney veteran but I went to discovery I’ve last year and loved it. So we are taking the kids this year. We bought discovery cove plus all three in blue Friday. Hopefully that was an ok idea vs buying a package.

1. We were planning on doing SeaWorld first how does the parking work? We are supposed to have free parking with our tickets.

2. All day fine questions: I have seen where people have said that you can get a drink whenever you want. How does that work?
Is the wine/beer upgrade worth it? I’m not a heavy drinker but I like to indulge a bit in vacation. I would other wise pay for like o e a day.
Any food recommendations/advoiding?
Are there limitations to what you can get on the all day dining? If so does the mini indicate it?

Partner hotel:
It says you get access to SeaWorld rescue tour. Is there someplace special you get that.
10% of dining how does that work?
Priority entry?

Thanks so much for taking Anytime to read and help. This is for my daughter’s graduation from elementary and I am trying to make it so special. Any other recommendations are appreciated. Thank you again.

Your print out should get you through parking until you activate. Mine said parking included but we walked as we stayed at the DoubleTree so no personal experience.

For all day dine, yes you can go as often as you want to grab an approved drink from an participating location. You will have a wristband given to you when you activate the plan and they scan it just as when you grab food. (Some just wave you through though in my experience)

I did not upgrade to drinks but know some restaurants have happy hour specials and for my preference that was a better deal as I don't drink beer and prefer late afternoon not all day drinks.

For the rescue tour you sign up at the partner hotel for a specific day. Some also include the quick que cards for SeaWorld, these you also request at the hotel. You can ask one day in advance and we got them three times during our week. Nice perk.

Your print out should get you through parking until you activate. Mine said parking included but we walked as we stayed at the DoubleTree so no personal experience.

For all day dine, yes you can go as often as you want to grab an approved drink from an participating location. You will have a wristband given to you when you activate the plan and they scan it just as when you grab food. (Some just wave you through though in my experience)

I did not upgrade to drinks but know some restaurants have happy hour specials and for my preference that was a better deal as I don't drink beer and prefer late afternoon not all day drinks.

For the rescue tour you sign up at the partner hotel for a specific day. Some also include the quick que cards for SeaWorld, these you also request at the hotel. You can ask one day in advance and we got them three times during our week. Nice perk.
Thank you!! I appreciate it.

Your e-mail confirmation from DC includes the printout you need for free parking. Painless :)

The menus have little symbols next to items included on the dining plan. There is a pretty complete menu sticky in this forum, on which you can see the little dining plan logos. Great for planning purposes. Various snacks don't count.

Are you doing one SW day, or more than one? More than one is ideal; there's a lot to see & do. If you didn't pre-buy all day dining, consider one day with it and one without. On the "without" day, the Dine at Shamu Stadium lunch is fabulous. A good buffet (booze included), with a training demonstration before the trainers come around to answer questions.

What's the cost to the drinks upgrade for the plan vs. the cost of one-two drinks you'd likely buy?

Your e-mail confirmation from DC includes the printout you need for free parking. Painless :)

The menus have little symbols next to items included on the dining plan. There is a pretty complete menu sticky in this forum, on which you can see the little dining plan logos. Great for planning purposes. Various snacks don't count.

Are you doing one SW day, or more than one? More than one is ideal; there's a lot to see & do. If you didn't pre-buy all day dining, consider one day with it and one without. On the "without" day, the Dine at Shamu Stadium lunch is fabulous. A good buffet (booze included), with a training demonstration before the trainers come around to answer questions.

What's the cost to the drinks upgrade for the plan vs. the cost of one-two drinks you'd likely buy?

Yes! I have browsed the menus. I was looking into the dine with whales but it kills me to pay adult prices for my ten year old that will eat less than my two year old. Do they rush you out?

The drinks I can take or leave.

We are going to SeaWorld for 2 1/2 days.

Thank you

Yes! I have browsed the menus. I was looking into the dine with whales but it kills me to pay adult prices for my ten year old that will eat less than my two year old. Do they rush you out?

The drinks I can take or leave.

We are going to SeaWorld for 2 1/2 days.

Thank you

The value from events like Dine with Orcas comes from more than just the food......it has educational value. It has entertainment value. It's a memory-maker.

I totally understand your concerns about your child who wont eat their monetary value of that particular meal. I feel that way every time we eat at a Disney buffet! But while my husband can easily "eat" his value of the meal, for me.....I make up the value in the enjoyment. In the entertainment. In the experience.

Just some food for thought (pardon the pun 😉).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!