looking for a Universal post?

Sarahsmom85

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know how to find or if you have it or if you where the OP'er. I am looking for a post I read hopefully here, telling and showing how you can ride the motion rides in a stationary mode. This was at Universal. Anybody remember reading this one? Now that I'm looking for it I can't find it. Isn't that the way it goes.
Thanks

Hi. I don't know the answer, but did do a Search for the past year and didn't come up with anything.
Here's a link to the official Universal site's Disability information page. It includes a link to download their Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. There is also a phone number and an address to contact for more information - it's about 2/3 of the way down the page, in the text.
It does say on their website that due to the "dramatic motion" of their rides, none of the ridew will accomidate an ecv or a power wheelchair. I know long, long ago, when we were there, a theater show with 3D and motion, called something like "The Magic of Hanna Barbara" did have a portion of the theater that did not move. Other rides that held a manual wheelchair were ride cars and the whole car shook or moved, plus it moved in space from one place to another. So, I don't see how they could make a non-motion run of the ride (although someone else may know something I don't).
At WDW, Star Tours and Body Wars can be ridden in a non-motion mode, by requesting it from a CM (during a non-busy time). In those rides, the theater is relatively small and totally closed during the show. The whole theater is the simulator, so it's not hard to isolate the movement while using the other parts of the show. As far as I know, none of the rides at Universal are that same sort of format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter