Looking for a rollator accessory

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
My mother, who live alone, uses a rollator. Sometimes she will place a laundry basket or some other item on top of the rollator seat in order to move it. That makes me nervous because I'm worried about it sliding off and falling on her. Does anyone know of a bin or basket that can be strapped to the seat of the rollator? I know you're not supposed to do this but I know that I'm unable to stop her from doing it. I figure that if she's going to do it anyway, I'd try to find a safer way for her to do it.

My mother, who live alone, uses a rollator. Sometimes she will place a laundry basket or some other item on top of the rollator seat in order to move it. That makes me nervous because I'm worried about it sliding off and falling on her. Does anyone know of a bin or basket that can be strapped to the seat of the rollator? I know you're not supposed to do this but I know that I'm unable to stop her from doing it. I figure that if she's going to do it anyway, I'd try to find a safer way for her to do it.

I would worry about that, too. And I think I can relate and understand.

If she has to do this, I would try and use something with a low center of gravity closer to her body so her rollator will be less likely to tip over forwards if it trips over something.

Maybe something that can be attached below her seat easily attached and between the rollator's metal legs. And maybe the same thing just laying on top of her seat.

Just an idea when you take her rollator to a store that sells plastic rectangular baskets to fit on top and/or under her seat.

I live alone too and I can't carry anything in my left hand or put pressure on it. I'm left-handed so I haven't been able to use my rollator with just one hand. I use my right hand with my cane, but it has been difficult trying to carry anything in my free left hand.

When I used my rollator, I still worried about falling forward if my front wheels got caught on something. But I have trouble walking also.

There REALLY isn't room "below her seat ... and between the rollator's metal legs" to put anything, let alone attach anything there.

OP, if the seat is flat, as rollator seats typically are, why do you think something is going to fall on her? What does she move on the rollator that you think could fall off onto her and injure her? move

Is she incapacitated in some way other than mobility that you feel this improvisation is hazardous to her? Can you hire somebody to help with kaundry and move whatever else she uses the rollator for?

When she uses her rollator to bring in groceries she has to walk up a ramp. I'm mostly concerned about things sliding off then.

489978What about a bungee net attached to the legs of the rollator? I just searched "bungee net" and several came up.

No. There's no room under the rollator to stow anything, and no support. Just a bar, and chances are the underseat basket or bag goes down about that far.

Thanks. I think bungee is the way to go. Once social distancing is over that will be one of the first things I do.

Thanks. I think bungee is the way to go. Once social distancing is over that will be one of the first things I do.

Around here, you can get into Lowe's. However, honestly, their cleanliness could be a little better (they don't sanity the carts between use, heck-they leave the carts outside, whereas at our local grocery store, you must use a cart from INSIDE). So come to think of it, I'd recommend waiting if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!