Looking for a good place to just hang around

burnaroonie

Happy Together!
We will be back at The Fort for a week on 2/09. Five minutes from home after our trip down in December we were hit head on by someone trying to pass traffic coming the other way. I won't be doing the parks this time due to healing process for my neck. Just looking for some place quiet and out of the way to nature watch and just unwind. Thanks in advance!

burnaroonie,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Yeesh!

To answer your question, the rocking chairs at the Fort are my go-to place to hang out and relax.

In the mornings you can people watch at the Trails End porch as folks come in for breakfast and run for the boats to MK.

In the afternoons the same porch has people coming in for the the HDDR shows and TE dinner (first show is 4pm so 3pm is a good time to get set up).

Midday the porch of the Meadow Trading Post facing the 900 bus station. Those rockers are fewer in number but are good for watching people go by (runners, folks coming to the TP, golf carts driving in to shop, people waiting for the busses, trailers and rv's arriving and departing, etc.).

Both locations have piped in Fort music and WIFI.

Good luck man!

Bama Ed

PS - the TE porch midday around lunch time is pretty dead if they aren't serving lunch. But if you're looking for peace and quiet (with a few boat whistles thrown in here and there) then it's perfect.

burnaroonie,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Yeesh!

To answer your question, the rocking chairs at the Fort are my go-to place to hang out and relax.

In the mornings you can people watch at the Trails End porch as folks come in for breakfast and run for the boats to MK.

In the afternoons the same porch has people coming in for the the HDDR shows and TE dinner (first show is 4pm so 3pm is a good time to get set up).

Midday the porch of the Meadow Trading Post facing the 900 bus station. Those rockers are fewer in number but are good for watching people go by (runners, folks coming to the TP, golf carts driving in to shop, people waiting for the busses, trailers and rv's arriving and departing, etc.).

Both locations have piped in Fort music and WIFI.

Good luck man!

Bama Ed

PS - the TE porch midday around lunch time is pretty dead if they aren't serving lunch. But if you're looking for peace and quiet (with a few boat whistles thrown in here and there) then it's perfect.
The wreck could have been worse for us as our class c was demolished. Thanks for the tips on where to hang out. This will be my first trip to the fort without doing the parks and I'm kinda looking forward to it.

The wreck could have been worse for us as our class c was demolished.
Yikes! Being an RVer that's some accident to completely take out a Class C, glad you lived to tell about it and hope you're getting a new one.

If it were me I'd be up for bouncing around to a few of Moderates to walk around and relax I know Coronado had some great hammocks! Maybe have a lunch during the middle of the day when most are at the parks. I think I could spend a fair amount of time people watching at Disney Springs too.

Enjoy the relaxing trip, that would be fun at Disney I think.

We will be back at The Fort for a week on 2/09. Five minutes from home after our trip down in December we were hit head on by someone trying to pass traffic coming the other way. I won't be doing the parks this time due to healing process for my neck. Just looking for some place quiet and out of the way to nature watch and just unwind. Thanks in advance!

Oh, my, so sorry about your accident and injury. It's always in the backs of our minds when we set out in our RV. We travel a lot and have been so fortunate so far, and thankful.

Have a good relaxing trip, and hope you can heal soon and enjoy RV'ing to the fullest again.

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and support! We were very blessed to be able to walk away from it as it could have been so much worse. We were able to scrape together the down payment for a new to us Coachmen Concord and are very much looking forward to being at The Fort once again!party:

The problem I have with the public spaces at the Fort is the danged piped in "Hoedown" music - it drives me insane and it's everywhere! You could relax in the loungers facing the water at the marina, there are also a few to the right that are located in a very shady quiet (but with music!) spot. So generally, I like to just relax in my zero-gravity lounger at our site. If you decide to be a bit more adventurous, head to The Wilderness Lodge on the boat and find a seat where you can watch the "geyser" erupt in the canyon. Or just ride the boats in the resort loop. You could also catch the monorail from the Contemporary and do that loop. If you are able to carry a chair, or looking for a short walk - there are some very quiet and peaceful spots along the canals that can be accessed from the dog-walking trails, particularly from the 700, 800 and 900 loops.

So sorry about your accident. A neck injury is no fun - I've been there. Take care of yourself.

The problem I have with the public spaces at the Fort is the danged piped in "Hoedown" music - it drives me insane and it's everywhere! You could relax in the loungers facing the water at the marina, there are also a few to the right that are located in a very shady quiet (but with music!) spot. So generally, I like to just relax in my zero-gravity lounger at our site. If you decide to be a bit more adventurous, head to The Wilderness Lodge on the boat and find a seat where you can watch the "geyser" erupt in the canyon. Or just ride the boats in the resort loop. You could also catch the monorail from the Contemporary and do that loop. If you are able to carry a chair, or looking for a short walk - there are some very quiet and peaceful spots along the canals that can be accessed from the dog-walking trails, particularly from the 700, 800 and 900 loops.

So sorry about your accident. A neck injury is no fun - I've been there. Take care of yourself.
Hey thanks for your sympathy and good tips! I use a scooter for longer trips and don't think I'll offroad this trip. (I wonder if my AAA would work if they had to pull me out?)

gosh, that's scary! But congrats on the new rig.. hope you enjoy it and have a nice relaxing visit at the Fort..

:squirrel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter