Looking for a chicken crockpot recipe that includes....

Mishetta

<font color=FF6600>All I get to play is "crashing
It's an easy one but I never printed it & I suffer from 'mental-pause' so I can't remember what the ingredients were except for:

frozen chicken breasts
Russian Dressing
??????? (poss orange marmalade or something like that?)
???????

it was that simple & I'm a complete blank ~ can someone help me?

Crazy Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 bottle of catalina dressing
2 packages of dry onion soup mix
1 small jar of peach preserves.

Put chicken into crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours. I serve this over rice.

someone also said they used Russian dressing instead of Catalina.

Now I wish I had found this before my DH went to the store.

Sounds good thanks for posting it. I am going to give it a try (and all dairy and egg free for DD's food allergies!) :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the recipe! This must be a variation of the one I used to make. Mine called for Russian Dressing. What I also remember was that the chicken breasts were supposed to be frozen!? Do they cook in 4 hours if they are frozen & cooked in the crockpot?

Has anyone cooked this recipe with frozen chicky breasts?

I used frozen breasts with bone and skin, didn't cut up or anything, and cooked on LOW for 10+ hrs...I think 8hrs would suffice with frozen chicken - at that time I didn't have the nice digital crockpot that I have now. LOL

I use frozen chicken breasts and Russian dressing too. It is the easiest and tastiest recipe. :thumbsup2

Bea said:
I use frozen chicken breasts and Russian dressing too. It is the easiest and tastiest recipe. :thumbsup2

How long do you cook your frozen chicken breasts for? High heat I imagine, right?

Oh man, I went shopping and I didn't check this 1st and I got a can peaches, not a jar of peach perseves. How does it end up? Does the chicken shread? I want to try this recipe this week. I normally put the chicken breast frozen in the crock pot too.

Do you need to use peach preserves in this :confused3 . It sounds great to me but not sure DH would like the peach preserves..

no, any jam will work (I've subbed in a different recipe). You can just use what you have on hand. You don't even taste the peach at all, so that's why I don't think it matters. I bought cheap, store brand preserves for this since name brands are so expensive to just use in the crock!

Thank you for the quick reply. I might not even tell my DH whats in it. :rotfl:

cryssi said:
no, any jam will work (I've subbed in a different recipe). You can just use what you have on hand. You don't even taste the peach at all, so that's why I don't think it matters. I bought cheap, store brand preserves for this since name brands are so expensive to just use in the crock!

I bought a jar of apricot jam because that was the closest I could find at trader joes.

What would be a good side with this? What does it turn out like? I am thinking kind of like sweet and sour chicken? Is that right? Just wondering what to expect.

it's kind of sweet and tangy b/c of the dressing and onion soup mix. I had it with our usual...rice and corn. LOL It's hard to make a veggie!

Anyway, if you're more into bread that would be ok too. Serve with steamed broccoli or really any veggie! It's kind of an easy to pair thing...

sorry i'm not more help! good luck...

cryssi said:
it's kind of sweet and tangy b/c of the dressing and onion soup mix. I had it with our usual...rice and corn. LOL It's hard to make a veggie!

Anyway, if you're more into bread that would be ok too. Serve with steamed broccoli or really any veggie! It's kind of an easy to pair thing...

sorry i'm not more help! good luck...

Thanks cryssi, that is what I was thinking too. I will give it a try. :goodvibes

This is why there is a sticky thread for crockpot situations.. :goodvibes

Wish I could help, but I am not a "crock pot user"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter