Look at my daughter's HSM room...

ocd4disney

DIS Veteran
My daughter is turning 10 on Tuesday and wanted a room makeover. She is really into High School Musical so we used that as a theme. Here is how it turned out......I am so excited about it, I had to share. She hasn't seen it yet. We are waiting til Tuesday for the Big Reveal....if I can wait that long;)

I still have some pictures to hang on the light pink wall by her bed and I want to paint some stars on her ceiling (whichis the same blue as the wall)

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

What do you think?

Adorable love the colors!!! What is the name of the pink you used.. I was showing DH and DD...and that is the color pink she wants... DH wasn't so sure until he saw it on the wall liked it and of course added "glad I don't have to stare at those 4 walls"... (he keeps that up and I'll paint our walls a beautiful pink! Hot pink!)

It looks great!! :thumbsup2

How in the world are you keeping new room "hidden" until Tuesday, I'm wondering?

That is really cute! I really like the stars. I recognize some Littlest Pet Shop!

The stars are awesome! Did you paint the stars by hand or are they stamps?

Great job!

Adorable love the colors!!! What is the name of the pink you used.. I was showing DH and DD...and that is the color pink she wants... DH wasn't so sure until he saw it on the wall liked it and of course added "glad I don't have to stare at those 4 walls"... (he keeps that up and I'll paint our walls a beautiful pink! Hot pink!)

It looks great!! :thumbsup2

How in the world are you keeping new room "hidden" until Tuesday, I'm wondering?

Thanks everyone! I'm glad ya'll like it.

I didn't keep the room hidden until Tuesday. I couldn't stand it and showed her the room the other night.:upsidedow I am worse than a child at Christmas!:rolleyes1 Before that though, I just had the room locked and my daughter slept in the guest room. She knew I was making changes to her room, but didn't get to see them until I was done.

The stars are painted on. I used a stencil. I used a light blue paint that is 2 shades lighter on the paint card than the wall is. It looks almost white. Stamps would probably have been easier, I just didn't think of it at the time.

I bought all the paint at Walmart. It is Satin finish latex paint. The colors are

Paint card #203 Color place paint
the dark pink= Silken Ribbon #92031
the light pink (almost white)= Mountain Laurel #92033

Paint card #240 Color place paint
dark blue= Seascape #92401
light blue= Spring Water #92403

I used the Disney paint cards from Home Depot as inspiration.

If you are seriously thinking of usign that pnk I would suggest giong just a hair darker. The color reminds me of Pepto-Bismal a little. The next shade up is paint card #103 Sugar-n-Spice #91034.

Oh and my daughter absolutely loved the room!:cool1: For at least 5 minutes, I was a really cool mom:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter