Long weekend at AKL 8/4-8/7

ZebraDomeCrazy

Silliness is one of my best qualities!
Just back from a wonderful long weekend at AKL!

BOMA - we actually did this for both breakfast and dinner during this stay. Both were amazing! I am really not an adventurous eater, but I ate Everything! I even had Oxtail Stew, lol. That was so good, I had two bowls of it! Make sure you get their juice with breakfast, it's delicious!

The Wave - This was our first time here, and we were totally blown away! The restaurant itself is very beautiful, the bar area is very large. The servers were fantastic. It definitely felt more like a "Signature" restaurant to us, both for the service and the food. I had an appetizer called, "bacon and eggs", and though the sound of it did not appeal to me, I tried it based upon my server's recommendation. Well, it was incredible! Sweet and savory, the flavors and textures wonderful. My husband had crab cake appetizer, which he enjoyed very much. For our mains, I had Braised Short Ribs, and it was probably the best I've ever had. My husband had the Filet, and said it was perfect! We shared the Seasonal Trio for dessert, and loved it! Overall, this rates as one of our best Disney dinner ever!

Jiko - this was another wonderful dining experience. For an appetizer we shared the Wild Boar Tenderloin. What can I say, it was a weekend of trying new things, and it was wonderful! So tender and flavorful. For entrees my husband had the filet with mac n cheese, and loved it. Said it was cooked perfectly, and very tender. I had the Maize Crusted Halibut, and it was so amazing, I ate every last bite! It was served over a tomato based "puree" and it perfectly complemented the fish. Our server was wonderful, it was a great night!

Last edited:
I've eaten at Boma many times, and have never had the Oxtail Stew because, well, it's oxtail, lol, and the thought of it grosses me out, but now after reading your review, I'm going to vow to try it!

I've eaten at Boma many times, and have never had the Oxtail Stew because, well, it's oxtail, lol, and the thought of it grosses me out, but now after reading your review, I'm going to vow to try it!

Teresa I can't really explain WHY, but for some reason I saw the word "Tail" and thought "Butt"! (Kinda like pork shoulder, pork butt, etc.). So the next day my DH and I are in the pool talking about it, when he told me what it was, lol. He was like "you know dear, it's the part that was swatting flies last week"!!! I am so happy that was after I ate, not before, lol. I still say it was amazing, and you should definitely try it next time!

Teresa I can't really explain WHY, but for some reason I saw the word "Tail" and thought "Butt"! (Kinda like pork shoulder, pork butt, etc.). So the next day my DH and I are in the pool talking about it, when he told me what it was, lol. He was like "you know dear, it's the part that was swatting flies last week"!!! I am so happy that was after I ate, not before, lol. I still say it was amazing, and you should definitely try it next time!

:crazy2: Okay, I'll be brave & still try it! :rotfl2: I'll have to come back here and let you know how it went! A little less than five weeks to go!!!

]:crazy2: Okay, I'll be brave & still try it! :rotfl2: I'll have to come back here and let you know how it went! A little less than five weeks to go!!![/QUOTE]

Please do! Have a great trip!!

Sounds like a phenomenal weekend! I am staying at AKL in 10 days and will be eating at Jiko and Boma, so it is great to hear such positive reviews of them both! :)

I am so happy to hear your thoughts on the Wave! We are going there for our NYE supper based on proximity to MK, where we plan to spend the evening. The photos of the restaurant on the WDW site make it look like a fancy cafeteria to me, but it sounds way more promising now! Plus, I have recently read some reviews that were very positive of the Wave food. :)

Love live Boma for breakfast and dinner. Have done The Wave for breakfast and really liked it. Think we will try for dinner in April based on all the positive reviews it gets, including yours. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!