Long Time No See...Pre Trippin' Disney/Universal July 2020

Man, what a crazy few weeks it's been!! Both DH and I are working from home. He's a teacher, I"m a school based OT. Sharing the one laptop with a webcam has been lots of fun. I've only wanted to kill him 2x, so I think we're faring decently.

With everything that's been going on, we decided to book a back up reservation. I've even book back up flights (with Southwest points, so totally refundable if we need them to be) If we have to cancel our July trip, we have one booked August 6th-14th, this time we're at the Boardwalk because Yacht and Beach were sold out for our room catagory. I know it's only a few day's difference between checking in July 25th vs, August 6th, but it's the best we could do given our summer timeline. At least if for some reason they're closed for the month of July, we still have a bit of hope for August. Billy's family vacation starts on August 15th, so he needs to be back by the 14th. We got all of our ADRs, I just need to work on a few times between now and then. I've found the site in general to be very glitchy lately. I have this secret fear that the entire thing is going to go down with no one manning the helm (total supposition on my part).

At this point, I"m not even checking the boards on a daily basis. We can't make CL FPs until April 30 if the parks are even open by then. I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm because I think EVERYONE deserves a fun vacation after this is all over. I'll be crushed if neither of our trips are able to happen. Like everyone else, we've been looking forward to this trip to go to SW land and Pandora, and I've spent a lot of time trying to make things come together.

At this point, I"m not even checking the boards on a daily basis. We can't make CL FPs until April 30 if the parks are even open by then. I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm because I think EVERYONE deserves a fun vacation after this is all over. I'll be crushed if neither of our trips are able to happen. Like everyone else, we've been looking forward to this trip to go to SW land and Pandora, and I've spent a lot of time trying to make things come together.

I haven't been on the boards much lately. Like your hubby I am a teacher so I have been home and planning my e-learning lessons. This week was our district's origninal spring break so I have not had to post the e-learning lessons yet. My daughter is in a different district so she has had school online this week. She has been super busy. Lots of work, she says Spanish IV has been the hardest so far. Her other classes, American Lit, Accounting, Band, PE, and Algebra II/Trig have been fine just a lot of work. What about your son? How is he adjusting to online classes? I am praying their Senior year will be back to normal, or at least the new normal whatever that may be. I really hope that the fall activities, marching band, sports, etc. will get to go on like usual. So much is in the air right now it is hard to fathom what their Senior year will look like.

I had planned to surprise my daughter with the trip on her birthday this week, but since I am going to have to postpone it, I did not say anything to her about it. I am just not sure with our schedules when I should schedule it for. Right now, I expect it will have to be pushed back a full year and go summer 2021. Winter break would be a possibility but I think I would rather go when the weather is warmer and the days longer. And it looks like my son will be starting a new full time job soon, so he will most likely not get to many days off until he has been at his job for at least a year, so that would put us at the beginning of summer 2021.

I hope your plans for either of your trips works out. It is great you were able to get most of your ADRs. Too bad you had to switch resorts, but maybe there is the chance you can switch back as people modify their plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!