long term plans :)

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
Well my next trip will be in March, taking oldest DD, her husband (hopefully if the Marines let him go) and my grandson for his first trip.
I was looking at cruises for next summer (non-DCL) and was thinking about taking DS. Well DD#2 found out about that and was not a happy camper, although she is an adult and can afford her own vacations.
So I rethought it...wouldn't it save me $ if my son stayed home and watched the dog...and this is what I came up with:
take DD for 5 nights next March.
No trip in 2020 (well I would be taking a trip, just not WDW)
and a big 2 BR trip in 2021 for me, DH, all 3 kids, son in law (hopefully), grandson and probably grandbaby #2 by that time.
We could celebrate our 35th anniversary at the end of June! And hopefully Star Wars will have calmed down, and the new stuff will be open! Or if we wait until August 1 we can borrow 2022 points and do more LOL.
Such fun to have a master plan! :) Now just have to pick the resorts to maximize the point usage.

I have been a member since 2003, and for years I had a notebook with all my plans. I almost always needed more points. (We have added on more than 20 times.). Right now I am working on a Gals time for F&G next year with a tag on trip to HHI with DH.

Enjoy your DREAMS!

It is fun to dream. I haven't had all 3 kids at WDW with us since 2010, last took 2 in 2012, and had one with us in 2014 (plus a trip when DD#2 was in CP and visited with us).

Well my next trip will be in March, taking oldest DD, her husband (hopefully if the Marines let him go) and my grandson for his first trip.
I was looking at cruises for next summer (non-DCL) and was thinking about taking DS. Well DD#2 found out about that and was not a happy camper, although she is an adult and can afford her own vacations.
So I rethought it...wouldn't it save me $ if my son stayed home and watched the dog...and this is what I came up with:
take DD for 5 nights next March.
No trip in 2020 (well I would be taking a trip, just not WDW)
and a big 2 BR trip in 2021 for me, DH, all 3 kids, son in law (hopefully), grandson and probably grandbaby #2 by that time.
We could celebrate our 35th anniversary at the end of June! And hopefully Star Wars will have calmed down, and the new stuff will be open! Or if we wait until August 1 we can borrow 2022 points and do more LOL.
Such fun to have a master plan! :) Now just have to pick the resorts to maximize the point usage.
We have a big picture plan about 5 years out, more specific plans 2-3 years out and lock in the biggest of our options 12-15 months out. We'd book 2 to 2.5 years out if we could. Having a big picture plan and having other trips booked when we finish a larger trip significantly lowers the post trip blues we used to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!