Long run at Poly/Grand Floridian

Hitch32

Earning My Ears
Was looking for posts on long runs but didn't quite find detail, and thought I would share my AM run.

I ran a 16-mile run from Poly. Recommended starting time is 5-6 AM, but if you run east through the resort and to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and it's early enough, you can run to the last parking lot and loop it continuously. It's not pretty, but it works. Each loop is about 1-1.4 miles, and the run to the parking lot itself adds a mile. You need to be there early, or cars start to come; Cast Members weren't there until about 6:30-7AM.

Once I ran one parking lot and got bored, I moved to the next. I managed to get 13 miles in this way. As the sun comes up you begin to appreciate the wildlife available. I spotted the usual cranes, but an owl as well.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this and the safety of running from the Contemporary to the TTC cannot be verified: One might be able to run from the Contemporary to the TTC via roads if no traffic. This would add any MK monorail resort as a potential starting place for this run.

I finished the run with the Poly-GF 2-mile loop from the TTC, through the Poly and on to the GF, and back, and clearly one could start this run at the GF too. For a 4-6 mile run at 6-7AM, that's probably a reasonable loop repeated, where the view off of the lagoon is great.

Hope that helps someone looking for a long run!

That's dedication! But running outside almost always beats the treadmill for that distance. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter