Long pre-trip report

UKDisneyJoe

Mouseketeer
Hi all
I have recently started to look through the trip reports and enjoying reading others so thought I would start me pre-trip. My DW and I have been to WDW 3 times before. First in 2012 when we went with my in-laws and stayed in a villa. Due to issues with others wants we didnt really get much done. The 2nd trip in 2014 was in early December for the christmas festivities and was just the 2 of us staying off-site at Rosen Shingle Creek hotel. We had an amazing time and the hotel was really nice. We spent time between Disney parks and Universal and did do alot of things but not all we wanted to do.
So not long after coming back from that trip we started to discuss our next. Due to one or two issues it couldnt be that soon but we decided on 2017 for the Christmas event again. But we had some decisions to make before we could look at booking anything. Firstly where to stay, we discussed going back to Shingle Creek or even a villa again so we could relax more and have our own pool. But, we decided that staying at WDW and not doing any Universal trips would be what we would do this time. We looked at the moderate and value resorts and was fairly close to booking Art of Animation before going with Coronado Springs, but only if we could get the free dining package. Well we waited until Disney released the packages here and it was offered free again so we booked it and paid deposit the day the deals came out. After a few more discussions and watching some vlogs on youtube we also decided to up our dining package from the quick service to the dining plan. We both enjoy our food and a nice sit down meal in the late afternoon early evening would be a nice rest in the day too. We are slowly putting ideas of where to eat and what we want to see and do but will share these on a later post. Hope a few of you will enjoy reading what I have to post over the next 495 days (so far away :worried: ) prior to our trip and then the trip itself.

Just wanted to put in a little info today. On Sunday we had our first Disney withdrawal day. We put on our Magic Bands and headed out to Bluewater shopping centre in Kent. Whilst there we visited the Disney store and bought one or two items, went to HMV and bought a few Disney BluRay's and then had lunch at Earl of Sandwich. A bit of Pokemon Go whilst there too but thats not so Disney :). After we got home we watched a few more Disney/Florida Vlogs on youtube. First one finished but will be doing more in the future as, although its not Disney, wearing the bands and doing Disney related activities is all we can do for now. Hope I'm not boring anyone yet :)

Thanks all. We fly out on 29th November next year. Had a bit of excitement last night when my wife checked the MDE website and our reservations are now showing and we were able to customize our Magic Bands. 484 days out today. Doesnt seem to have linked with the app yet but hopefully that should happen soon now its on the website.

Didn't know there was an earl of sandwich at bluewater. Want to go now even if it isn't quite the same

Well under the 450 mark now today and 449 days left to fly out. Not much to update as yet as we are probably going to wait until the crowd calenders are all out and use 2-3 of them to work out what parks we will visit. We were looking at spending 3 days at MK 2-3 days at Epcot 2 days at AK and 1-2 at HS (depending on whats open when we go).
We are looking forward to seeing Pandora in AK as its taken 10-15 years to finish :) as well as Rivers of Light and hope that the late nights will be open still but as quiet as they had been so far.
MK we are looking forward to more of the same as our last visit with SDMT and BTM our two favourite rides. Also going to go on some of the more 'kiddy' rides like PPF and Barnstormer. Of course we will be looking at attending MVMCP again too as we loved it on our last visit.
HS cant wait to see all the Star Wars add ons in the park especially the firework and projection show. Hoping to catch Fantasmic too as have never seen it on our last 2 visits.
Epcot hoping to spend some more time around the world as on our last visit we rushed half of it as it was getting late. Never saw Illuminations with DW either (I saw them in 1999 with my family) so thats a must. I really want to go on Soarin too as the wait times were massive last time we went and we used our FP on TT.
The last couple of additions to our WDW plans are spending half a day at TL if th eweather is warm enough, a round of crazy golf or two and 2-3 days at DS looking at all the shops and sampling some of the new restaurents down there.
That is our early vague planning ideas but Im sure things will change as we go along :)
Going to start a youtube vlog soon as well as we have enjoyed watching so many others we may have caught the bug to try it ourselves.

Been a month since my last update so here we go. We had our second withdrawal day last Wednesday as I had booked a trip to see The Lion King in the west end as a surprise for my DW. We had an amazing day and I have to say the show is fantastic. The colours and animals were amazing, the songs are fabulous including the original numbers. The performances were top class from every member of the cast especially adult Simba and Nala and Zazou. Would recommend it to anyone who loves musicals or Disney. After that we had dinner at a place called Bodeans which is an american barbecue place. Meal was fabulous and there was a bogof deal going so was very good value as well :) Lastly we took a walk down to Oxford St to go to the big Disney store. We didnt buy too much in there but my DW did purchase a couple of christmas ornaments and an advent calendar. All in all a succesful withdrawal day. As far as our trip is concerned, no real news as in the limbo stage really. I have ordered the Birnbaum book for 2017 and awaiting delivery from amazon. Also we have put a list together of a years worth of Disney movies. So starting from 52 weeks before our holiday we will start watching 1 every weekend. Will upload our list on here when I am at home.

Sounds like you had a great day out! Lovely way to get excited about an upcoming trip.

At the weekend we will be 4 weeks away so have planned a Disney/Universal movie night each Saturday. This Saturday we are starting with Harry Potter, my dd has never understood HP at Islands of adventure cause she's been to young but now she can watch the film and recognise how great it is there.

Hope your DD enjoys the films as it does make a difference when you are there. Lack of rides means the experience is even more important

I LOVE Bodeans!!

If you've not already, do try get tickets for Aladdin, I actually preferred it over Lion King, I think it's the energy. I was disappointed that the carpet does not fly over the audience like it did at California Adventure!

We managed a Lion King Matinee, and Aladdin evening show (winning tickets in the lottery!) in one day a few weeks back.

I LOVE Bodeans!!

If you've not already, do try get tickets for Aladdin, I actually preferred it over Lion King, I think it's the energy. I was disappointed that the carpet does not fly over the audience like it did at California Adventure!

We managed a Lion King Matinee, and Aladdin evening show (winning tickets in the lottery!) in one day a few weeks back.

Sounds like that would have been a good Disney Withdrawal day for you then :)
May go to Aladdin next year but currently trying to sort finances out for possible house move and next years trip. Finely balanced :)

Sounds like that would have been a good Disney Withdrawal day for you then :)
May go to Aladdin next year but currently trying to sort finances out for possible house move and next years trip. Finely balanced :)
You should see my Financial Planning Spreadsheet, I've planned next year out already lol Our house move is penciled in for 2018 after the next 3 Orlando Trips haha

Right here is our list of a year of Disney films (one a week) We have mixed in animation with live action and documentaries. Finishing with Three Cabelleros as we are staying at Coronado Springs :) See what you think and let me know if there are any you would add or take out
Tomorrowland
Big Hero 6
Muppets Christmas Carol
Mickeys Once Upon A Christmas
Disney Nature - African Cats
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Walt Before Mickey
Cars
Saving Mr.Banks
Princess and the Frog
Disney Nature - Earth
Finding Nemo
Star Wars - A New Hope
Moana
Waking Sleeping Beauty
Brave
Guardians of the Galaxy
A Goofy Movie
100 Years of Magic (youtube)
Tarzan
Alice in Wonderland (live)
Monsters Inc
Disney Nature - Chimpanzee
Little Mermaid
The Walt Disney Documentary (youtube)
Aladdin
Mary Poppins
Hercules
Pirates of the Caribbean 1
Tangled
WDW A Dream Come True (youtube)
Jungle Book
Malificent
Peter Pan
Cinderella (live)
Robin Hood
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Snow White
DISNEY DOCUMENTARY TO BE DECIDED
Lion King
Star Wars - A Force Awakens
Lilo and Stitch
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Frozen
Haunted Mansion
Cinderella
Hocus Pocus
Toy Story
Beauty and the Beast (live)
Beauty and the Beast
The Three Cabelleros

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter