Long Island Disers!

Wondering if anyone has had recent info, I am looking for in the past 2 years or less surgery at Long Island Jewish/Northwell Health in New Hyde Park.

I have also had 3 other hospitals mentioned to me - Mt. Sinai, Columbia and of course Sloan Kettering.

I am getting beyond the drs. expertise here at Stony Brook and my one dr. here has mentioned there will only be about 3 or 4 surgeons who could or would be able to do what I am going to need done.

So if anyone has any info to share, let me know, this would be head and neck cancer in particular.

TIA and you know how I will be spending my summer.

Anyone going to the airshow at Jones Beach? Prob some of the ds will go. I think they told me last year it took them over 2 hours to leave the traffic was so busy.

Today I was suppose to be in disney with dh but cancer is calling my name lol so we will see the Pirates movie this week end instead.

And I answered my own question above. Found a great surgeon at NYU Langone in NYC. It is a pain to get into the city. Took us like 2 hrs. 45 min. But its what you have to do to get the best surgeons for sure.

Have a great week end everyone whatever you have planned.

And I answered my own question above. Found a great surgeon at NYU Langone in NYC. It is a pain to get into the city. Took us like 2 hrs. 45 min. But its what you have to do to get the best surgeons for sure.

You will be in my thoughts. Thinking about your celebration trip to Disney.

I'm kind of bummed that I have no real plans this weekend. I used to get together with a big group of twins moms. We did a picnic Saturday then sesame park when kids were little or dorney as they got older.
The person who organized it stopped and no one wanted to take over.

Our friends who usually do a Memorial Day BBQ isn't because their daughters bat mitzvah is in 2 weeks.

We are fostering puppies that hopefully are going to get adopted today. I wonder how bad the traffic/parking is going to be going to Freeport.

Anyone going to the airshow at Jones Beach? Prob some of the ds will go. I think they told me last year it took them over 2 hours to leave the traffic was so busy.

Today I was suppose to be in disney with dh but cancer is calling my name lol so we will see the Pirates movie this week end instead.

Have a great week end everyone whatever you have planned.

Sorry you are missing Disney! Last night we went to Venetian Shores and saw a Cars tribute band and tonight we will be at Cedar seeing The Legendary Murphys band. Love this time of year- a band every night at every town beach!

How's everyone's fall going?
We made our annual trek to Windy Acres Farm. Boy was it crowded They added face painting and a live musician. We bought 3 pies that were really good.

Oldest ds had his L hip replaced at HSS in NYC. They said he was a special case and might write a paper on him. He only stayed overnight. Gheesh.

I am planning on at least 50 trick or treaters tues.

Happy Fall everyone! Check in when you can.

Happy New Year Everyone!

The clerk at a store here in Suffolk reminded my son that
Today starts the five cent charge for plastic bags.

Hoping everyone has a happy healthy year

Looking forward to Ds 2 and future dil getting married at Westbury Manor the end of summer.

Happy New Year Everyone!

The clerk at a store here in Suffolk reminded my son that
Today starts the five cent charge for plastic bags.

Hoping everyone has a happy healthy year

Looking forward to Ds 2 and future dil getting married at Westbury Manor the end of summer.

I figure I am just going to pay the 5 cents per bag and not bring my own anyway- I bought a box of plastic bags for the little garbage pail in the bathroom and it worked out to more than the nickel I would pay in the grocery store anyway, plus use at least one bag a day scooping the cat litter box.
With all the weddings I have been to here Westbury Manor is one I have not seen yet! Enjoy!

Remember, the 5 cent bag fee applies everywhere - clothing stores, department stores, grocery stores, and on and on. The only bags exempt from the fee are produce bags and the bags pharmacies use for prescriptions.

How's everyone's doing? Heard the plow twice so far. Poor ds2 is staying overnight at Stony Brook Hosp. He has reserved a cot lol. Doubt much of the night shift nurses can get in.

I've been working retail - Kohl's - since the summer and was scheduled to go in at 2 today. I walk to the store, but even that would have been hard. But I got a call about 11 AM telling me the store was closed. I'm not surprised - once the governor declared LI to be in a state of emergency, I figured that it would close. We haven't been plowed yet, but I have a feeling it will happen soon.

I really wish stores and businesses wouldn’t be allowed to open during weather like this. And if they do, they should get fined. The mall doesn’t have to be open. The movie theaters don’t have to be open. Employees shouldn’t have to feel obligated to go out into this so someone can shop. Even though they say over and over, “Don’t be on the roads,” if it’s open, idiots will go out in it. They get stuck, they cause accidents and emergency personnel have to deal with them on top of the task at hand. >:(
We’ve been lucky. The plows have been pretty consistent on our street. It’s like this for every storm. I’m not sure who lives by me, but they must be pretty friendly with the plow guys! :D

Just got the call that my girls don’t have school tomorrow.
I’m fostering puppies for ruff house rescue that just came in yesterday from Texas. They are not sure what to make of the snow.

Attachments

• A66117ED-42D6-4916-B12D-78FFB8B1BF5B.jpeg
    A66117ED-42D6-4916-B12D-78FFB8B1BF5B.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 9
How is the housing market by everyone?

Ds1 has been looking for a house in the Ronkonkoma, Centereach, Holbrook etc. area. He wants something with a finished basement that he can rent out although I told him that is not really legal unless the place has the permits. He said one house he felt like he was in that 70's show lol!

Ds2 and future dil have been looking too. They last looked in Babylon. They said there does not seem to be a good inventory to look at right now.

The bag thing is a pain. I am thinking of having everyone just keep a bag in their car for when we need little things picked up.

I have officially got a handicapped parking permit, yippee. Its coming in handy because the more I walk the more I have trouble breathing so its all good. Dh is happy too.

Not sure about all areas but renting basements in Long Island is risky.
Many neighbors will report you if they do not only will they stop you but I think they will attempt to capture money you made. I would not risk it.

How is the housing market by you?
Ds1 keeps getting constantly outbid on houses
Ds2 and future dil havent found anything they like yet

They say its a sellers market for sure. There are so many bidding wars. Ds1 just said his friend sold his house for $20K over asking and his house was not in a good area. They wanted out. They had lots of offers.

There is a foreclosed house on our street that is now on the market and there are open houses this week end. I can only imagine the people it will bring in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter