London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

We have some folks signed up, but not on the list.

I dont put anyone on the list unless given permission first.

If you'd like to be on the list, just send an email or PM and I'll add you.

Sorry to say that if you havent signed up or paid your deposit, adding you to the list will not get you to London and Paris.

Who else wants to go?

Mike, Ian, and I went to have Chinese for Mike's birthday tonight. I got the BEST fortune...... "You will step on the soil of many countries."

So....... Us! We want to go!!!!!:hyper:

Mike, Ian, and I went to have Chinese for Mike's birthday tonight. I got the BEST fortune...... "You will step on the soil of many countries."

So....... Us! We want to go!!!!!:hyper:

75160_1474109768856_1117025522_31067638_7649885_n.jpg

I see London, I see France, I saw Christy's underpants!!!

WooHoo!! Were are so in!! :thumbsup2

Well, we want to go. Unfortunately(?), I'll probably be retired and living on a fixed income by then so it looks like Val & I will miss this great trip. :sad:

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time!

Are you going to have any free days while in London or is it all scheduled?

If you have a free day or two maybe I can whizz on over and say Hi as you're in my stomping grounds. :)

Is it too early to start a count down?;)

284 days until the first day of our European Adventure

I think we need a cute nickname or slogan for this trip. Will there be badges for our signatures??? :goodvibes

Sayhello

Hey, I just thought I'd let folks know I've been doing some research, and it looks like the Travel Insurance offered by ABD (from Access America) could be a really good value for this particular trip. Of course, everyone should look at it considering their own family, etc. I normally use insuremytrip.com to compare insurance & usually buy it through them. But ABD has improved their coverage, and I'm likely buying it from them through DU.

It's a fixed price (I'm assuming per person) of $199. I looked at several "comparable" plans as far as coverage goes, and found that *just for the ABD*, other companies were charging $300 to $440 per traveler. I didn't play around with the figures for multiple people, because I'm traveling as a solo, so you'll need to take child discounts into consideration. The value is even better if you include the cost of the single supplement like I have as a solo traveler.

Beyond the great price, this policy now allows for purchasing a pre-existing condition waiver if you pay for the policy in full within 14 days of your initial deposit. The time period is pretty standard for policies that do pre-existing condition waivers. ABD's policy didn't use to provide that, which is why I never purchased the coverage from them before.

The kicker that I found out today, is that the policy also covers your airfare, even if you don't purchase it from ABD! It needs to be Home to London and Paris to Home, but can arrive or leave a few days before or after the trip. Hotel for that extra period is not included in the coverage, however, unless you purchase that through ABD. If you buy the pre-days from ABD, they are included in the coverage at no additional cost.

With all that, the level of coverage for $199 is really great for me. I suggest others look into it, also, and see if it's right for you.

If any of you need convincing that trip insurance itself is a good idea, check out my Trip Report for my Alaska ABD. I tripped & fell as I was preparing to leave the B&B I was staying at in Anchorage. I gashed my head & ended up in the Emergency Room. I missed my flight. I required staples in my scalp and a CAT scan. The insurance company dealt directly with the ER, and I never even saw a bill. The Customer Assistance folks got the Airlines on the phone and re-booked my missed flight for the next day (and the insurance reimbursed me for the re-booking fee and the difference in airfare, and the extra night's hotel room that they arranged). All I had to do was get myself patched up, rested up, and on that plane the next day. TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY worth it!

Again, most of this research was done based on my own situation, so I urge folks to do their own research. But I just thought I'd share what I found out.

Sayhello

So far we have a Mike and a Michael, two Christys and two Johns.

Just a Sunday night observation.

Nothing earth shattering.

Move along.

:lmao:

Silly mood.

I am really looking forward to this trip!!!

Not looking forward to Kevin saying "I'm going to Paris!!!" multuple times a day for the next 10+ months :lmao:

John, I feel your pain! Every time I ask a question to Christy, she answers me back in her "outrageous accent." And she calls me a silly English Pig Dog.

french.jpg

So, this weekend we watched two movies-HP and A Christmas Carol. Michael kept saying over and over "we're going there". "I can't wait to go there.". Etc. I think he is a bit excited! :)

Kevin, when will we have our first chat? I'm looking forward to getting to know our "We're going to PARIS" travel "mates". ((insert dancing bananna here))

So far we have a Mike and a Michael, two Christys and two Johns.

Just a Sunday night observation.

Nothing earth shattering.

Move along.

:lmao:

Silly mood.

I noticed that as well Kevin! I was thinking it could get confusing but I'm used to it...I think there were about 10 years there that every other girl was named Christy or something that could be shortened to Christy...the more the merrier though...we're a good lot (said with a british accent of course)

So, this weekend we watched two movies-HP and A Christmas Carol. Michael kept saying over and over "we're going there". "I can't wait to go there.". Etc. I think he is a bit excited! :)

Kevin, when will we have our first chat? I'm looking forward to getting to know our "We're going to PARIS" travel "mates". ((insert dancing bananna here))

I've already started the marathon watching of every BBC mini-series that I own. I went through a phase where I was watching pretty much any British TV series or mini-series I could get my hands on. If I continue to watch at the rate I am going, then I will know each movie/show by heart come September.

I watched Young Victoria the other night. It is funny the things you pick up on when you know you'll be going to a place. They mention in the movie that Victoria was the first monarch to live in Buckingham Palace...and in my head I added "and I'm going to get to see it"

We're doing the same thing at our house.

I can tell you that it's even worse when you come home. Every time we saw anything about Italy on television, John and I would look at each and say "we've been there."

It will be a while. We have a Podcast Cruise and three Backstage Magic trips full of people that are excited about getting to know each other, but for now....we have this thread.;)

I've already started the marathon watching of every BBC mini-series that I own. I went through a phase where I was watching pretty much any British TV series or mini-series I could get my hands on. If I continue to watch at the rate I am going, then I will know each movie/show by heart come September.

I watched Young Victoria the other night. It is funny the things you pick up on when you know you'll be going to a place. They mention in the movie that Victoria was the first monarch to live in Buckingham Palace...and in my head I added "and I'm going to get to see it"

We have been looking around on Google Earth and Bing's "Bird's Eye" view. Very cool Stuff!!!

My Christy is looking for some vineyards to go visit after the adventure.

DLP

The French side of the "Tube"

British side of the "Tube"

The London Eye

Parliament and Westminster Abby

We are very excited!!! :woohoo:

We watch the Graham Norton show on BBC (LOVE IT) and just recently Ricky Gervais and his writing partner were on. The man is 6'7" and they asked him to do a cart wheel.

The comment was "he's going to look like the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel type thing)."

I completely stopped thinking about the joke and started thinking "oh...we're going to see that. I'm a bit terrified of heights. Will I go on that? The view must be amazing. I wonder if the pods are air conditioned? How many people fit in one pod?"

I imagine it will get worse as the time gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter