London Calling

k8Davies

K8Davies
Update: I have now dubbed this, and just me by the way, "The Pete Meet and Greet with the Old Online Muckers" (A London term for a friend)

It will be on Saturday 8th September starting from 1pm at The Draft House Westbridge right near Battersea Bridge (there has been a bridge there since the 16th Century but the current bridge was build in 1890) - Nearest Station Battersea Park then you can walk through the park - which is pretty. - you can get trains to Battersea Park Station from London Victoria or Clapham Junction, There are also bound to be busses.

Pete has put an invite up on the Dis Facebook page or you can email them at Podcast@disunplugged.com

I know I'll be there (But don't let that put you off lol) Looking forward to seeing other UK Dissers and people who make the trip to come.

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

After hearing the news on yesterday show all I can say is "SQUEAL" :cloud9:

I am so, so, so, so, so EXCITED :jumping1::jumping1: (can you tell I'm excited) they are having a London (UK) DIS Meet up.

I always loved hearing about the ones stateside, albeit a bit jealous that I can't attend all the fun, but whoopwhoop this time I can :)

Happy to help in anyway I can, Know Pete mention about venues, there are a lot, and yes some are on the expensive side, (you wait till you see the price of a pint) but it does really depend on the space and how many people are coming.

As for numbers you can definitely count me in, I'll be the crazy one in the back :hyper:.

Also I know you were debating the 7th or 8th Sept - I am supposed to be in Newcastle on the 8th so can I put a vote in for the 7th (Although I will cancel my plans if it's on the 8th).

Can't wait to see other UK based Disser and anyone from Across the pond who wants to make the trip - London in September is just fab, as the kids are back to School, but we normally still have a few nice sunny days to enjoy before Autumn (by which I mean the rain) fully kicks in.

Last edited:

I second your vote for the 7th! I'll be on my way to Orlando on 8th ( and definitely NOT cancelling :P )

Wow that would be so cool to have the meet up and then fly off for Florida fun (Jealous)

I'm just going to Newcastle to cheer my friends on at the Great North Run - aka watch them run when I have a drink or two lol :cool1:

I live in the North West and I got so excited when Pete mentioned it!

My vote is for the 8th tho cos I have to travel down from Liverpool and I can't take the 7th off work.

Wow that would be so cool to have the meet up and then fly off for Florida fun (Jealous)

I'm just going to Newcastle to cheer my friends on at the Great North Run - aka watch them run when I have a drink or two lol :cool1:

I know! V fun timing for me potentially if it goes ahead on the 7th. Haven't been to Florida in 5 years!!! So excited.

Hello! Literally my first post on the boards but I've been listening for a few months now. I live in Leeds and would much prefer the 8th myself. Either that or quite late on the 7th?

I can’t imagine Pete being all that concerned over the price of a pint ;)

There’s loads of great places to meet in London, from free parks, to places like All Bar One on Regent street (conveniently near Europe’s biggest Disney store!), to meeting rooms and convention spaces you can hire by the hour. Until they have an idea on numbers, I guess we won’t know which one is appropriate!

I already emailed tonsay I’m in- I have no preference on date.

I can’t imagine Pete being all that concerned over the price of a pint ;)

There’s loads of great places to meet in London, from free parks, to places like All Bar One on Regent street (conveniently near Europe’s biggest Disney store!), to meeting rooms and convention spaces you can hire by the hour. Until they have an idea on numbers, I guess we won’t know which one is appropriate!

I already emailed tonsay I’m in- I have no preference on date.

Who did you email please?

I am so, so, so, so, so EXCITED :jumping1::jumping1: (can you tell I'm excited) they are having a London (UK) DIS Meet up.

I always loved hearing about the ones stateside, albeit a bit jealous that I can't attend all the fun, but whoopwhoop this time I can :)

Happy to help in anyway I can, Know Pete mention about venues, there are a lot, and yes some are on the expensive side, (you wait till you see the price of a pint) but it does really depend on the space and how many people are coming.

As for numbers you can definitely count me in, I'll be the crazy one in the back :hyper:.

Also I know you were debating the 7th or 8th Sept - I am supposed to be in Newcastle on the 8th so can I put a vote in for the 7th (Although I will cancel my plans if it's on the 8th).

Can't wait to see other UK based Disser and anyone from Across the pond who wants to make the trip - London in September is just fab, as the kids are back to School, but we normally still have a few nice sunny days to enjoy before Autumn (by which I mean the rain) fully kicks in.

Awesome! I worked with several U.K. based Formula 1 (F1) teams and knew there was a WDW massive fan base there (yes, it involved several pub visits to Ye Grapes and the Hyde Park region whilst in London). Enjoy your meetup and visit!

We are planning to be there roughly the same dates as you are (as locals). Once you pin down the date, feel free to PM me for a meetup.

Hello! Literally my first post on the boards but I've been listening for a few months now. I live in Leeds and would much prefer the 8th myself. Either that or quite late on the 7th?
@DanLesser - Just wanted to welcome you to this little nook on the boards. Everybody here is pretty nice - especially me! :crazy: Seriously - welcome, hope you'll like it, and stick around.

I’ll be in London for one day in Sept and it be the 8th so I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for Loren details

I haven’t watched the episode yet but I’d put it on my list -sounds like a good enough excuse for a trip....

@DanLesser - Just wanted to welcome you to this little nook on the boards. Everybody here is pretty nice - especially me! :crazy: Seriously - welcome, hope you'll like it, and stick around.
Thanks! Dunno how often I'll be posting but I'll try and pop my head in every so often.

Also I actually DM'd Pete on twitter, he said there would be more info released in the next episode :)

Also I actually DM'd Pete on twitter, he said there would be more info released in the next episode :)

oh no I'm out tonight, so I won't be able to catch the show live. Will need to catch up on the Morning commute so see what the plans are then book out my diary yay party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter