London and Paris Trip

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about doing a London and Paris trip next summer with a few nights also in DLP and am wondering about hotels. In London we are thinking of staying at either the Hilton London Tower Bridge, The H10 Waterloo, London Marriott County Hall, or London Marriott Grosvenor Square. In Paris we are thinking about staying at either the Grand Hotel du Palais Royal, Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, or Paris Marriott Champs Elysees. If anyone who has stayed in any of those can talk about your experience and also lt me know if there is a restaurant for breakfast where they can make an egg or omelet with a fresh egg as I have a few family members with a dairy allergy. Thanks!

I have never stayed at any of those hotels but am from the UK (although not London) so know roughly where the London hotels are.
Out of the ones you mentioned I have heard several people talk about the County Hall one and would say that is ideally placed for exploring. Its right by the London Eye and river Thames with a nice walk along South Bank where there is always lots going on. Its just across the river from the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben and a short walk from there to Trafalgar Square.

I stayed at the Marriott Champs last month with my family of 4 for a DLP trip. I wasnt terribly impressed with it, especially for the price. The best thing about it is the location, which is right on the Champs and very close to the Franklin Roosevelt metro stop (entrance right next to the Disney store on the Champs), but that is also a station that is teeming with pickpockets as well so be careful.
We got a family room, which was basically a regular room with 2 double beds. The bathroom was showing some wear and tear, but the common areas like the lobby were nice. Service was very slow and spotty, even things like asking for towels took multiple asks. The breakfast was way too expensive to pay when there were so many restaurants within walking distance so we didnt eat there. When I was deciding, I was torn between the Hyatt Vendome and Marriott, and I think I chose wrongly. I think the Vendome would have been better for the money.
We also did London on the same trip and took Eurostar from Gare du Nord to London St Pancras from Paris. Marriott was about a 15 Euro Uber from Gare du Nord.

I stayed at the Marriott Champs last month with my family of 4 for a DLP trip. I wasnt terribly impressed with it, especially for the price. The best thing about it is the location, which is right on the Champs and very close to the Franklin Roosevelt metro stop (entrance right next to the Disney store on the Champs), but that is also a station that is teeming with pickpockets as well so be careful.
We got a family room, which was basically a regular room with 2 double beds. The bathroom was showing some wear and tear, but the common areas like the lobby were nice. Service was very slow and spotty, even things like asking for towels took multiple asks. The breakfast was way too expensive to pay when there were so many restaurants within walking distance so we didnt eat there. When I was deciding, I was torn between the Hyatt Vendome and Marriott, and I think I chose wrongly. I think the Vendome would have been better for the money.
We also did London on the same trip and took Eurostar from Gare du Nord to London St Pancras from Paris. Marriott was about a 15 Euro Uber from Gare du Nord.

Marriott County Hall is very nice and a great location for the London Eye area. For the money, though, I prefer the Marriott Kensington. It’s much less expensive and super close to the Natural History Museum and the V&A (my favorite museum in London!), as well as walking distance to the Harrods shopping area and a couple of minutes to two different Tube stations.

We stayed at the Marriott Champs last month. The location is very convenient, though not terribly picturesque. We had no issue with the rooms, found them to be about standard for European hotel rooms. Very nice lobby, as mentioned above.

I will check on this thread...Planning London and Paris Trip in September /October 2019.

Last edited:

Never stayed in any of those hotels but we went to London in August and stayed at a Premier Inn on Euston Road. It wasn't to expensive and it was really close to St. Pancras and Kings Cross Stations so really easy to get everywhere we wanted to from it. I have a trip report of our London trip in my current PTR linked in my sig if you want to read it. We had a great time there.

Paris we've only ever stayed at Disney and we stayed at the Kyriad, Cheyenne, Santa Fe and Hotel New York and have no complaints about any of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter