Logistics of photos attached to tickets

nrichards

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I had a question that hopefully some of you might be able to answer...my family and I are planning a trip to Disneyland (we'll be leaving in just under a month, yay!). I've been reading about the new policy wherein they photograph you when you enter for the first time and attach that digitally to your ticket. That seems like a reasonable policy, for sure, but here's my question...last time we went, I just kept all of our tickets since we figured it'd be safer to keep them all in one place and was more convenient for things like fast pass gathering. What happens if we get them mixed up? Most of the time, that's not a problem because we're usually all together, but if one of us needs to go back to the hotel alone or something, that could be a problem, right? Should we initial them with sharpies or something once we get them? How does everyone else deal with this? Thanks so much!

Hey everyone,

I had a question that hopefully some of you might be able to answer...my family and I are planning a trip to Disneyland (we'll be leaving in just under a month, yay!). I've been reading about the new policy wherein they photograph you when you enter for the first time and attach that digitally to your ticket. That seems like a reasonable policy, for sure, but here's my question...last time we went, I just kept all of our tickets since we figured it'd be safer to keep them all in one place and was more convenient for things like fast pass gathering. What happens if we get them mixed up? Most of the time, that's not a problem because we're usually all together, but if one of us needs to go back to the hotel alone or something, that could be a problem, right? Should we initial them with sharpies or something once we get them? How does everyone else deal with this? Thanks so much!

There is a line on the back of each ticket where you are supposed to sign your name.

When I went in March, I bought tickets for my niece and nephew and they actually wrote the names of each kid on the tickets when we bought them at the ticket booth then made us take photos as soon as we walked into the park to attach to the tickets

Thanks for the input, everyone! I guess I should have assumed Disney would have had the details ironed out...

When we went in March/April. I was the ticket keeper for all 6 of us.

We had E tickets that we redeemed at the gate..
At the, Our ticket was printed with each persons name.
We then signed the ticket and had our photo taken.
the only time it was important that we each had the right tickets was upon entry..

Dont sign it before you get to the gates.. they want you to use their pens and sign it in front of them...

You dont say how long you are going for,, if you have a 1 or 2 day ticket, you wont have a photo attached.. and I believe they wont make you sign it either..

Have a great trip..

We were there a couple of weeks ago. When we exchanged our vouchers at the ticket booth the CM wrote each of our names, in full, on the tickets. We never had to sign them.
We also got different pictures. I was Buzz, my husband was Lightening, and the kids were Sulley and Minnie.

So if the picture isn't on the card itself, does it pop up on something when they scan it at the turnstile?

Are they still a paper card, or are they plastic? Sounds like they still give each person a different character.

Thanks!

The tickets are card stock type tickets.
They have a little hand held machine like a biggish iPhone. There is one CM that scans your ticket to make sure you have a photo and that it's you, then you go to the ticket scanner CM who then scans your ticket to get through the gate.
It's a bit of double handling if you ask me.

The tickets are card stock type tickets.
They have a little hand held machine like a biggish iPhone. There is one CM that scans your ticket to make sure you have a photo and that it's you, then you go to the ticket scanner CM who then scans your ticket to get through the gate.
It's a bit of double handling if you ask me.

Yes, I would think just having one machine and person would be faster, and I would think the technology is there to make it happen :confused3 Thanks for the explanation!:)

Yes, I would think just having one machine and person would be faster, and I would think the technology is there to make it happen :confused3 Thanks for the explanation!:)

It's actually better this way. Before, if there was a problem with someone's ticket, half the family may be through the turnstile and the person would be stuck blocking everyone's way through while the CM handled it or called a lead, and everyone else would have to switch lines or wait. Now, if there's a problem with a ticket, that party is pulled aside and everyone else can still enter through the turnstile.

I am at DL now and I am fairly appalled at how badly the photo process works. After waiting at the monorail turnstile for 10 minutes while an elderly CM struggled to take photos of a family of four -- he kept showing them the pictures and taking them again if they didn't like how the photos turned out! -- I mention to the lead who finally opened a second turnstile that this seems like an excessive step in the Mouse's war on Craigslist. They basically had to double their gate staff, and for what?

The lead said that they are winning the war, because a lot of people who shouldn't be in business are out of business. Do not believe for a second that this is about preventing fraud or protecting the innocent victims who show up at DLR and learn their tickets have no days left on them. The photos won't stop that. This is about preventing the deals that actually worked, and nobody complained because everybody was happy. Except the Mouse.

This is more like video game companies selling downloadable games or using other tricks to murder the market for used games. Obviously Disney thinks they were losing enough money to justify shelling out big bucks and major inconvenience for all guests to implement this little plan. Jacking up ticket prices at 10 times the rate of inflation is not enough for them.

The good news: you can do a stupid pose and they will go with it. I did the two-fingered duck face pose so popular on the Facebook pages of idiots, and the CM didn't even blink, even as others in line laughed at me. The important thing is not the photo, it is the assurance that they have stuffed every last penny I spent into their own pockets.

alvernon90 said:
....The lead said that they are winning the war, because a lot of people who shouldn't be in business are out of business. Do not believe for a second that this is about preventing fraud or protecting the innocent victims who show up at DLR and learn their tickets have no days left on them. The photos won't stop that. This is about preventing the deals that actually worked, and nobody complained because everybody was happy. Except the Mouse.

This is more like video game companies selling downloadable games or using other tricks to murder the market for used games....
The issue wasn't so much people showing up and finding out there were no days left on their tickets (although that happens, too, of course) as much as brokers selling off leftover/unused days. The photos CAN help prevent that. I'm not sure what "deals that actually worked" you are referring to, but these brokers certainly didn't create a situation in which "everyone was happy" I'm fact the opposite is true for most of us. They drove up the.cost of tickets for those of us buying legitimately, while cheating the system.

The video game reference is lost on me. I'm not getting the comparison. It is illegal to allow anyone but the original guest to use the ticket.

We just returned and the photo thing was a bit of a mess. The camera for our first entry was not working. They let us enter without pictures. Upon re-entry we all had photos taken but they found out that one ticket had actually worked the first time. Unfortunately... now we had 2 pictures of DD and none of my husband. They let us enter anyway. Problem came when husband went to run an errand and had a picture of our daughter upon re-entry. He was able to get it corrected but we had to get another ticket issued. The cast members are trying so hard to get people through that they are not taking the time to correct errors. All of that said... I bet it took only 5 minutes total out of our touring time. 1)Names on tickets 2)Make sure they get the right name to the right picture 3)We handed out tickets almost to the entry and collected them right after It sounds a lot more difficult than it is even with our hic-ups. :thumbsup2

We just returned and the photo thing was a bit of a mess. The camera for our first entry was not working. They let us enter without pictures. Upon re-entry we all had photos taken but they found out that one ticket had actually worked the first time. Unfortunately... now we had 2 pictures of DD and none of my husband. They let us enter anyway. Problem came when husband went to run an errand and had a picture of our daughter upon re-entry.

An excellent example of why they've been so picky about having names on each of the tickets.

When we were there in may, our 3-day park hoppers, the cm made my husband assign a full name to each ticket. They didn't take our pictures until the second day. We went between both parks many times day 1, each cm at the gate said our pic would be taken the next entry. Pic was taken just before we converted to an AP.

We were there in February with three day park hopper etickets. When we entered on the first day, they did not take our picture. They did print our tickets and they had our names printed on them. The second day they did take our picture. They never had us sign them.

Two friends joined us...same tickets, but the arrived a couple hours after us. They took their pictures and had them sign their tickets when they first entered the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter