Loews YouFirst replacement

FaithsWish

You can't take the sky from me...
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard any more news about Loews YouFirst going away and what may be replacing it? We have a split stay coming up in 2 weeks checking in to RPR before it goes away but checking into SF after the program is phased out.

Thanks!

I haven't heard and the person at check in didn't seem to know either.

I was going to ask this same question - they really haven't said much - they never even contacted me to tell me it was going away - I learned that here.

They never really ran the program well - I stayed Platinum for several years with 1 stay a year, and eventually they did downgrade me to gold - but I never got a card.
I then stayed gold for several more years - never re qualifying for gold - not that i was complaining - it just seems they could not figure it out

I am hoping they come up with something new - I hope they will just outsource the program to a third party like rewards network or some such
I really liked the program benefits compared to the others I have status with, but they just didn't have enough locations to make it work.

The one and only time I booked a Loews hotel outside of Universal they called me a week before to say they had sold the hotel to elderly housing and were closing immediately - so I had to find another hotel on very short notice - and they really could not care less.

Even at Universal there were issues with the program - like if you booked a package with Universal directly it was difficult to get your room upgrade in advance - I always had to jump through hoops and on at least one occasion they would not do anything for me.
On several occasions I had to nag the front desk for the welcome gift and it often came on the last night of my 10 day stays - really dont want to come in late on my last night and find a fruit basket I really cant use and white wine I dont drink - you really need this on the first night.

Anyway - I do hope they up their game with a new program and add some sort of point system and credit card to earn points. With Universal really stating to take off it seems like they need to do something, but they are still better than the Disney hotels that will do nothing for you

Loews is a large company

The loyalty programs they have work well in other cities

I doubt we will see anything fantastic come up since the present program ends early December

I have received 3 emails informing me of the end of the present loyalty program
They say more info will be released later

All very vague

I still haven't received any emails about the program ending and I'm a platinum member. I did really enjoy my benefits last visit. Got a suite upgrade and $100 food credit at Sapphire Falls for our one night's stay and got a $200 food credit for my two rooms at Portofino Bay. I will sure miss it!!!! I also got welcome gifts at both hotels.

I bet it doesn't get replaced with anything.

No notice here either but when i last checked my youfirst account saw I didn’t have email notifications checked either, probably why lol. I do get plenty of emails from Universal though.

Looking forward to my last platinum stay on 12/6 at Portofino but will really miss the perks.

JMHO, but don’t expect any sort of replacement program to follow. Would like to be surprised.

The Loews Corp is a large conglomerate. Hotels are a small portion of holdings, just under 25 properties. It’s more expensive for them to run a reward program that the larger chains. Well, unless they’d decide to sell outright or elect to opt into a coalition reward program.

OT - There is no credible confirmation of the following, but it’s always fun to :stir:

There have been unsubstantiated rumors buzzing around for some time that Loews, instead of selling their holdings, may be ending the loyalty program in order to “reflag’ their existing properties as a larger brand (Hyatt or Marriott. I’d rather see Hilton if that’s the case).

They have stated repeatedly they aren’t interested in selling, but never say never. Time will tell.

It was funny that when I called Loews to reserve our Sept 2019 stay they transferred me to the Universal main line instead of just talking my reservation directly as they usually do. I mentioned my disappointment that the you first program was ending and got a noncommittal response in reply.

I too doubt we will get a new reward program.

We loved the Loews You First program also. Have been a platinum member for over a decade. 100% of our trips to Universal we got suite upgrades or to higher category rooms unless it was a black out date for the program and there were no upgrades. Also have a 100% upgrade at the non universal properties we have stayed at. Loved the Don Cesar at St. Petes beach but I believe they are no longer part of loews hotels now. Have stayed in their Hollywood, San Francisco and Seattle hotels and loved the suite upgrades and $100 dining credit per stay. Sad that their program is ending as I would have loved to stay at their SF and Seattle hotels again in 2019. Loews Hotels were my first choice if they were available even though I am Hilton Diamond and Marriott Plat Premiere member. Loews was the only hotel where I would get a suite upgrade at time of booking. Hilton and Marriott upgrades are at check in or a few days in advance.

I received an email. No mention of anything replacing it. I’ll miss it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!