Loews YouFirst ending their program Dec. 6, 2018

damo

Proud Redhead
Anyone else get or not get this notification?

I am a lifetime platinum member and received nothing. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in this announcement. Not sure about anyone else but this is a big deal to me.

Apparently this is what the email says,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Loews Hotels & Co. Travel is highly personal, and we feel the same way about our relationship with you. You're not a customer number or a loyalty point count - you're an individual who happens to travel and who has unique interests and needs along the way.

Through valuable guest feedback, we have found that YouFirst isn't enticing or relevant and that a list of pre-set benefits has not been meeting our guests' individual needs. At the end of the day, we're confident we don't need a formal program to recognize our very best guests. In that spirit, we want to inform you that our YouFirst program will be ending on December 6, 2018. We can assure you that every time you choose to stay with us, we value that decision and want to provide you an exceptional experience.

Here's what to expect next:

Existing or new reservations through December 6, 2018 will be eligible for *YouFirst benefits. Reservations beginning on or after December 7, 2018 will not receive YouFirst benefits.
You will be able to seamlessly access your reservation and preference details via a Loews Account, similar to what you experienced when you logged in to www.loewshotels.com using your YouFirst credentials. There is no action to take now, but this summer you will receive email instructions to reset your password in order to access your Loews Account.
Finally, rest assured that we are committed to recognizing you as one of our best guests and to continuing to make Loews an easy choice for your future stays.

We look forward to making each and every one of your future visits a special experience. We know that hospitality comes from the heart, and we're dedicated to our relationship with you.
Sincerely,
Loews Hotels & Co

Yes it is true

And....it is a big deal to me

I got my letter last week

I used to stay exclusively at hrh and switched when they dropped out of the you first program

I am lifetime also with Loews
So it was not the best email to receive

More than likely I will return to hard rock hotel after this year when at UO.

I have their loyalty cards and that is a plus for me

My September-October stay will include the youfirst benefits which I will enjoy

I wonder who were the platinum members that did not like the perks such as the $100 free food credits, late check outs, welcome gift, etc

We go for 9 or 10 nights and year and have never benefited from the program.
Did you register for the yourfirst program?
Or check your account on the Loews YF site?

When using the benefits, I always make sure my account is noted as such when I check in
For the food benefit, it does not include taxes or room service charges
And has to be used at the hotel at specific restaurants

We benefitted greatly. Usually got a suite update and got a $100 food/beverage credit for each stay.

I’m sorry for the dis’ers that this will affect.

But.

I wonder who were the platinum members that did not like the perks such as the $100 free food credits, late check outs, welcome gift, etc

I would imagine the people who weren’t platinum and go once a year so they never get and keep and get to USE any status are the ones causing this.

Like me. I never got beyond...Blue? And there’s no benefit there. I’ve never gotten a room upgrade. Most of the stays I’ve had don’t qualify for YF even when there’s no way to change the type of stay. (Like SMSM stays have said I don’t qualify)

The vast vast majority of people staying there are likely NOT platinum, and their program just isn’t set up so regular, but not THAT regular, members actually see any benefits.

“Blue Membership requires two (2) qualifying stays; Gold Membership requires five (5) qualifying stays; Platinum Membership requires ten (10) qualifying stays.

Qualification for Membership Levels will be determined based on a rolling 12-month cycle...”

If you go for a long stay that counts as one stay. But if you’re staying, say, 8 nights, a casual traveler isn’t necessarily going to go again inside of a year. Or they will go again, a year later, so it’ll be the new rolling year. No status ever possible.

And it’s not like the chain is big enough to earn status on small trips elsewhere. Their pricing isn’t easily accessible for many.

I’ve been unhappy with their program for a long time. I’m not surprised that I’m not alone.

8 night stays earn a 2 credit stay

Really, the 2 credits kick in on a 7 night stay

Did you register for the yourfirst program?
Or check your account on the Loews YF site?

When using the benefits, I always make sure my account is noted as such when I check in
For the food benefit, it does not include taxes or room service charges
And has to be used at the hotel at specific restaurants
Oh yeah. Always logged in when making reservations, it was always noted at check in, I just never got beyond Blue so there was no benefit.

Count me in with the once a year for a week or more crowd. I was never able to get past blue so I understand why they say it wasn't enticing. Sad for those who were actually able to take advantage however. Never good to lose anything especially in regards to Orlando travel.

I always thought it was one of the worst loyalty programs. It was really difficult to get past Blue. I make a few trips to Philly every year and would always stay at the Loews to try to rack up the stays, but there are so few Loews hotels outside of Orlando, that it was tough for me to stay at one in other places I go for work.

Just like damo and Mac we also benefited from the program nicely. But at the same time the amount of money spent per year to reach and keep that level was ridiculous. But living in S FLA is made it easy to do weekend getaways, long stays, and to join Dis homies. Universal used to be different from Disney and a real value, but those days have come and gone.

We do miss seeing homies, Universal, and Loews but as some know here do to other reasons we stopped going. Everyone take care. :D

I only did Loews when at UO and Marriott is my go to for other travel, BUT two of my coworkers were Loews loyalists when they traveled for work and are really upset (we travel A LOT for work). I did think it was a poorly structured system for all but the most devoted. That said I’m shocked that a hotel chain is getting rid of a loyalty program when every comparable brand has one. If people aren’t benefiting it you make it more attractive you don’t eliminate it.

I always thought it was one of the worst loyalty programs. It was really difficult to get past Blue. I make a few trips to Philly every year and would always stay at the Loews to try to rack up the stays, but there are so few Loews hotels outside of Orlando, that it was tough for me to stay at one in other places I go for work.

I think they have 24 properties and have some in the planning, so yes, its not a huge chain.

They have some beautiful properties. We stayed at the Loews Santa Monica in an upgraded ocean view suite with attaching bedroom about 10 years ago. It was wonderful.

Also stayed at the Loews in Montreal which was very luxurious and convenient to downtown.

Without the Loews YouFirst program, I don't think we would have stayed at either of these.

Just like damo and Mac we also benefited from the program nicely. But at the same time the amount of money spent per year to reach and keep that level was ridiculous. But living in S FLA is made it easy to do weekend getaways, long stays, and to join Dis homies. Universal used to be different from Disney and a real value, but those days have come and gone.

We do miss seeing homies, Universal, and Loews but as some know here do to other reasons we stopped going. Everyone take care. :D

I've missed you and Mrs Bluer as you both are good people.
I have no one to photo bomb with now.......

I'd rather have a loyalty program that gives points that give discounts on later stays than 'possible' upgrades on an existing stay. With points, at least you can 'see' what you are getting.

I rarely want an upgrade anyway. My wife and I are fine with a regular room. The upgrade is nice, but we'd rather have the opportunity for another trip at a reduced price.

I used to travel a lot for work and use Marriott hotels and I'd get upgrades every now and again. One time, they gave me a 3 bedroom suite. I went back to the counter and said I'd take a smaller room and asked if they could give my upgraded suite to the next family that walked in. They scratched their heads for a minute and decided there was no easy way to do that, so I ended up in the suite for the week.

As a perennial platinum member I am disappointed by this turn of events. BTW, no email notice for me either.

I was quite taken aback. Was told by management in October ‘16 the program was changing and I “...would love it...”. Not quite.:rolleyes1

I could digest an amendment to the program i.e. such as imposition of a length of stay in order to be awarded the $100 resort dining credit and suite upgrade...as in a four nights if over a weekend etc. It would cut down on the number of locals booking the rooms on weekends during high season.

Even limiting the number of redemptions per year per member would’ve been palatable, surely not as drastic.

To see it shut down completely and then be told it’s due to guest demand o_O, I’m not biting.

Admittedly, the program surely benefited their top level tier/repeat guests. However, nearly all hotel programs that include deluxe properties also have nice benefits reserved for their ‘best’ guests. Most will status match the others in order to try and poach those who travel often in an attempt to build loyalty.

Where Loews messed up was offering little incentive/reward for the casual traveler. There was very little enticement to book stays in an attempt to bump up to the next tier. I agree it was an all or nothing type scenario that cut out the majority of their guests

With all the hotels they are building without FOTL access, they will need to hustle to fill those rooms. Whether booking more conventions or possibly lowering the rates to increase occupancy it may be a win for many in the days ahead if willing to do without the FOTLperk. MCO is flooded with hotels as it is, they will likely need to do something to bring in guests to their various properties.

I am curious to see how many decide to curtail their multiple repeat trips without the benefit they have become accustomed to receiving. This includes not renewing APHs and perhaps skipping the parks in general & focusing solely upon special events (HHN, HP weekend etc.):confused3it may be the way we segue

We have cancelled a short stay we had booked for the end of a WDW-focused trip in early December. Were going to add on a night or two at U to our upcoming July trip & possibly a quick bonus trip in August. Just not feeling it at this point. Have two trips in this year but now feel no urgency/keep my status.

Likely will not renew my APH after it expires in October, as we have a long trip planned out of area next spring anyway. Can always fire them back up again next year, but the change to the program made me think long & hard on it.

I’d like to be happily surprised by the new, revamped program (if any)...Loews, please - bring it!:bitelip:

Last edited:
I once made it to Gold years ago. The following year, Loews changed their requirements, and it was bye bye Gold. Been Blue ever since.

Yes, I never got out of Blue either. And from some travel sites, I got better rates at the 3 onsite hotels than via Loews website. And those, Loews would not give you first credit to. Other hotel chains have better rewards, and so far, my points don't expire in several of them. I'll keep my one via Loews, you first, bookings in August, but using a travel site for October. Figure even with the 2 stays, I won't be back in more than a year, so would have been bumped back to blue once again. Oh well, it was nice for some DISers that enjoyed the highest status.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter