Loews Welcome Gift

sshatney

Earning My Ears
I have read on a few threads about a Loews welcome gift? What actually is this? Is it for everyone? We are staying at the HRH in June. Any info. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The welcome gift is for the Loews First members. When you sign up with Loews they give you a choise of a fruit basket, cookies and milk or wine. They also will deliver to your room each morning a newspaper either the Orlando Sentiniel, USA Today or Wall Street Journal.

Good luck in getting it. After I checked in at 7 am I expected to se the gift when I returned that night. Nothing, I went to the front desk they said it would be delivered by 7:30 the next morning. I got up the next day and I didn't have hot water, no newspaper, and then waited til 7:40 for the fruit basket and nothing arrived except for the Engineering staff to get the hot water working.

I went back down to the front desk that morning to ask about the basket and they had the nerve to insest that nobody was in the room at 7:20 when they delivered the basket. I was in there with the engineering staff getting the hot water and they still said the same lie. It was finally there when I got back that night. I had to call up the next morning again to thank them for the newspaper that didn't arrive that morning. They delivered it after that but they brought the USA Today instead of the Orlando paper.

Go to www.loewshotels.com and sign up for th Loew's First program. We got our welcome gift soon after we checked in. Never had to call down for it.

I figured poor Robert would be responding to this one.It's a defenite bummer yours never showed up.

I've had better luck. We've always gotten ours without reminder, 3 stays at Portofino and 1 at HRH. (Sorry Bob, I'm not trying to rub it in:p ).

BTW: The red wine we've gotten at the PB has always been very good Italian vino.

We have had to call down twice...once it never showed up...the second time..they delivered right after we called.

Other than that...it was always delivered shortly after we checked in.

I have to agree...we got the wine last time..it is good!

We got the paper last year when we stayed, and I asked a couple of times for the cookies and milk for the kids, but was told both times that since I got the entertainment rate we were not entitled to it.
Since I again made a ressie for this year using the entertainment card, I am not expecting to get anything but I think some people who stayed there with an ent. rate did get theirs.
guess its the luck of the straw! At any rate, I can make really good chocolate chip cookies so its not really a big deal.
Did you book with the entertainment card?

We got the paper last year when we stayed, and I asked a couple of times for the cookies and milk for the kids, but was told both times that since I got the entertainment rate we were not entitled to it.
Since I again made a ressie for this year using the entertainment card, I am not expecting to get anything but I think some people who stayed there with an ent. rate did get theirs.
guess its the luck of the straw! At any rate, I can make really good chocolate chip cookies so its not really a big deal.
Did you book with the entertainment card?
Now that I think about it, when I made the reservation, I told her we were loews members, but on the confirmation I got in the mail, our numbers are not even on it.

My number isn't on my confirmation for Royal Pacific either. I was just wondering myself why it wasn't.

Last night I asked res clerk to note my Loews 1st # on my ressie and she said that no special Loews perks apply with Ent rate room - oh well, maybe I'll get them when we visit Annapolis Loews! (Of course I'll flash my # at check in just in case!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter