lockoff vs dedicated

jltdone

Mouseketeer
Hello i am not DVC and we are not renting points. We are booking right through disney. When booking a 2bedroom the only options are 2 bedroom with all the different views. How do you know if you are getting a dedicated room or a lockoff room?

Are all 2 bedrooms the same floor plan for the 2nd bedroom. 2 queen size beds, or do some have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sleeper couch?
Thanks
Jay

Hopefully someone else can confirm, but my educated guess based on the Aulani web site is that they attempt to assign everyone to a dedicated 2 BR, and in the event they can't, they put you in a lockoff. The "substitute" language makes me think this: https://www.disneyaulani.com/rooms-offers/villas/two-bedroom-villa/

I know a few years back, you could book one or the other. But it would likely just be a request now if its no longer a booking option.

Are all 2 bedrooms the same floor plan for the 2nd bedroom. 2 queen size beds, or do some have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sleeper couch?

If its a lock-off, it will have a queen and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

@jltdone Our extended family joined us a year and a half ago on a cash booking. They wanted a lock off but when I called Aulani all cash (website) bookings are dedicated. Lock offs aren't allowed.

Every 2 bedroom dedicated that we have had has had the same setup - king bed in main, two queens in second, a single arm chair sleeper plus a double sofa bed in the living.

@jltdone Our extended family joined us a year and a half ago on a cash booking. They wanted a lock off but when I called Aulani all cash (website) bookings are dedicated. Lock offs aren't allowed.

The Aulani web site I linked in my post above does state that a lock off will be substituted if a dedicated is not available. So, it sounds like dedicated is what is normally assigned and lock offs are assigned only when necessary.

Every 2 bedroom dedicated that we have had has had the same setup - king bed in main, two queens in second, a single arm chair sleeper plus a double sofa bed in the living.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom dedicated at beach club and we had a queen bed with a sleeper sofa in our room.
I was just curious if all 2 bedrooms were like that. Im hoping if we get a 2 bedroom dedicated that it is 2 queen beds.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom dedicated at beach club and we had a queen bed with a sleeper sofa in our room.
I was just curious if all 2 bedrooms were like that. Im hoping if we get a 2 bedroom dedicated that it is 2 queen beds.

At Aulani, the dedicated two bedrooms will have 2 queen beds. Its the lock-offs that will not.

By the description it's a dedicated villa..2.5 baths, 2 queens in the second bedroom, etc

I recently booked a 2 bedroom lockoff on points. Hoping Aulani keeps our lockoff request!

Jan

I recently booked a 2 bedroom lockoff on points. Hoping Aulani keeps our lockoff request!

Jan

I believe that since it is a booking category on points, that you get what you reserve. We’re actually not wanting a lock-off for this trip... don’t like sleeper sofas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter