Lock-off vs. Dedicated

Figee17

Mouseketeer
Just booked a cash stay at SSR (home resort) for this summer. Didn't have enough points to cover the vacation (that was booked to "make good use of our PAPs - boy that $399 per pass was a real "savings" LOL) and I used the summer sale (30%) rate. I haven't even called DVC yet, but I assume the 30% rate is the best I will be able to get!

Anyways, we booked a 2BR but weren't able to specify lock off vs. dedicated...is that something I can request when I request the section I prefer to be in? And if so, what are the main differences????
Also, does anyone know which sections have had the soft goods refurbed at SSR? Will they ALL be done by August when we go?

TIA!

Based on the 2-bedroom description at disneyworld.com, you probably have a dedicated 2-bedroom booked.

A lock-off is a 1-bedroom and a studio with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the second bedroom and has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa.

A dedicated 2-bedroom will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. This matches the description on disneyworld.com.

I've always called in when booking rooms and requested a Dedicated. Not sure how it works if booking online but I would think it was an option? Call and speak with someone to confirm what type of 2 bedroom you have.

A dedicated 2 bedroom has one door to the suite. A non-dedicated has 2 separate entrances because it's a one bedroom and a studio that are combined to make the 2 bedroom. In this instance the 2nd studio room has the kitchenette. In a dedicated there is more closet space because there is no kitchenette. I'm not sure about SSR, but at BCV I request the Dedicated with 2 queen beds. They only have a few dedicated rooms with 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom. The rest are 1 Queen and a pull out sofa.

I don't know about the refurbishments - sorry. :confused3

Based on the 2-bedroom description at disneyworld.com, you probably have a dedicated 2-bedroom booked.

A lock-off is a 1-bedroom and a studio with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the second bedroom and has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa.

A dedicated 2-bedroom will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. This matches the description on disneyworld.com.

Interesting that CRO ends up with only dedicated rooms?

:earsboy: Bill

I have always requested lock-off or dedicated when making the reservation. It is a room type. I would hate to show-up and be put in the one I really don't want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter