Location of stateroom -- front of boat, middle or back -- any difference in motion?

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
Here's another newbie question: Does the location of your stateroom make a difference in the motion of the boat? I have on hold two staterooms, Deck 2, midship -- what can I expect?

Thanks for the help!

Well, it actulay does! The higher decks are windy while the lower decks sway in a storm. Really your best bet is to be on the 5th or 6th deck midship. Hope it helps!

1993 Disneyworld
1995 Disneyworld
1995 Wilderness Lodge
1998 Disneyland
2000 Disneyworld
2000 Port Orlenes
2001 Disney Magic
2003 Disney Wonder (hopefully)

In my experience there's not a lot of difference in how much you feel the ship's motion based on where you are on the ship. Granted, I've never been onboard during a full-on storm, but have seen reasonably high seas (10-15 ft), and I didn't detect a lot of difference in motion. Supposedly, the higher up and further from midship you are, the more you'll feel the motion, but I did not find this to be the case.

Maybe more of a concern would be noise. Check out what might be going on above, below, and near your cabin and at what time of day (dining rooms, dancing, children's/teens' activities, etc.). On my two Disney cruises I have stayed in a category 6 cabin on deck 5 aft. Good location and quiet. Still near enough to dining rooms, shops, theater, etc.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Disney ships both have state of the art stablizers so very little motion is actually felt anywhere on board. You may feel some motion the first and last nights as you pass through the Gulf Stream, but that is about it.

I have stayed both midship and forward and loved both locations, both felt about the same motion-wize. Good luck! :)

We have been just about everywhere on the ship. While my personal favorite is aft (I like the peace & quiet back there), there has never been a noticable difference in the motion of the ship. As spotssister said, the potential for noise is generally a more important factor.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We always stay in a cabin near the middle of the ship. I read somewhere once that the middle has less motion than the forward or aft sections. Like a see-saw, the middle of the see-saw remains motionless as the front and back move up and down. Since I've always only stayed near the center, I can't tell you from experience what the difference is. Doesn't sound like much, as long as you have calm seas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!