Location for obtaining DAS

You can get it at anytime during the day/evening, but it must be done at one of the 4 major theme parks. Some people have had success stopping by the outside Guest Relations location outside a park the night before - so without entering the park. There have been reports of this not working but I haven't read any lately.

Enjoy your vacation!

Is it only possible to arrange DAS on entering the parks please? Just wondering if any alternatives.
most of the parks let you in early up to a point all of the GR beside EPCOT, you can get your DAS when they let you in early and you can have it before the park opens in most cases

You can get it at anytime during the day/evening, but it must be done at one of the 4 major theme parks. Some people have had success stopping by the outside Guest Relations location outside a park the night before - so without entering the park. There have been reports of this not working but I haven't read any lately.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you for your quick reply - we will see how we go - the very reason for wanting it is to alleviate stress for my autistic grandson - I just wonder if a long wait there will be more upsetting so we will play it by ear - hoping to bag our preferred FP's on Sunday and if we get them we may not bother as he will be more than happy with 3 - again many thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply - we will see how we go - the very reason for wanting it is to alleviate stress for my autistic grandson - I just wonder if a long wait there will be more upsetting so we will play it by ear - hoping to bag our preferred FP's on Sunday and if we get them we may not bother as he will be more than happy with 3 - again many thanks!

My son is autistic and has a tough time with the GR line so this is what we do.

Unless the line is very short, I get in line by myself while my husband walks the kids around nearby, trying to stay in sight of me. We usually have a really motivating reinforcer with us, like a mini can of coke or his favorite spicy cheetos! I wave or text him when there are 4 or 5 people in front of me and he comes over but keeps the kids off to the side just a little and then I can grab my son's hand when it's our turn.
We've already had to wait for the bus (although he doesn't mind that because he LOVES bus rides), wait through the bag line, wait through the tap stiles...so keeping him out of the line at GR as long as possible gives him a chance to kind of decompress so he can handle being inside that tiny building and he is slightly more cooperative when they take his picture ;)

Once, when the little building was really too packed for him to handle, the cast member was able to bring the tablet outside and process us near the door. That was a couple years ago when they still had paper cards. Not sure what the official rule is.

How big is your grandson? Having a stroller tagged as a wheelchair is even more of a help to us than the DAS. It provides personal space and the ability to block out some of the sensory stimulation.

The GR line can be tough, but on the other hand the last time we were there we didn't even have to answer any questions. I think the 15 minutes they watched him go in and out of lines, unhook and rehook the queue markers, try to touch everyone and everything, hang upside down, and pace back and forth was enough for them to practically be writing it out when we got to the window! I guess I was looking for a silver lining at that point because I was already exhausted just from try to control him in that.

We used GR at the international gateway in Epcot 2 weeks ago. No line. Whole process took less than 3 minutes including the cm taking the photo and scanning 6 magic bands.

We used GR at the international gateway in Epcot 2 weeks ago. No line. Whole process took less than 3 minutes including the cm taking the photo and scanning 6 magic bands.
We are doing Epcot our first day and won't be going in until early afternoon so hopefully we might be as lucky as you!

My son is autistic and has a tough time with the GR line so this is what we do.

Unless the line is very short, I get in line by myself while my husband walks the kids around nearby, trying to stay in sight of me. We usually have a really motivating reinforcer with us, like a mini can of coke or his favorite spicy cheetos! I wave or text him when there are 4 or 5 people in front of me and he comes over but keeps the kids off to the side just a little and then I can grab my son's hand when it's our turn.
We've already had to wait for the bus (although he doesn't mind that because he LOVES bus rides), wait through the bag line, wait through the tap stiles...so keeping him out of the line at GR as long as possible gives him a chance to kind of decompress so he can handle being inside that tiny building and he is slightly more cooperative when they take his picture ;)

Once, when the little building was really too packed for him to handle, the cast member was able to bring the tablet outside and process us near the door. That was a couple years ago when they still had paper cards. Not sure what the official rule is.

How big is your grandson? Having a stroller tagged as a wheelchair is even more of a help to us than the DAS. It provides personal space and the ability to block out some of the sensory stimulation.
He is just 8 - my daughter has wondered about a suitable stroller for him (we will also have 3 year old in her stroller) or a double but he is quite tall now!

He is just 8 - my daughter has wondered about a suitable stroller for him (we will also have 3 year old in her stroller) or a double but he is quite tall now!

Depending on how tall he is, a BOB jogging stroller might work for him. My son is 5 but he's almost as tall as my 9 year old We have a BOB revolution jogging stroller that we LOVE but he's so tall that his head pushes the canopy up a couple of inches. He doesn't seem to mind, but we haven't used it for any long trips lately. We were lucky enough to find a second hand Special Tomato jogger that is a little taller, but not by much. We are looking at bigger ones, but they are so expensive and rare to find second hand. I'm asking at his next doctor appointment if they can write me a prescription or something to get a bigger chair covered by insurance, but I doubt it will go through since he doesn't have mobility issues. But it doesn't hurt to try!

I have a Joovy Zoom Jogger and it holds up to a 75 lb child. We used it at Disney previously and found it quite helpful with our DS.

We have the Liberty by Advance Mobility, I think it goes past 100 lbs and we can bring it for free on flights. But it is in a huge bag with wheels. It is hard when I fly with my son alone to being the stroller and luggage. But we use it in the parks and he loves his safe place.

It's worth the extra day's park admission to go in park the first afternoon/early evening and sign up for the DAS. I'd recommend Epcot. After 3, you can pretty much walk on Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Figment, so you can get the DAS and get some rides in to keep him happy.

Epcot is my DS fave park, and Spaceship Earth his fave ride, in addition to Test Track so we always go afternoon/evening to Future World. Much less stressful and less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter