locals crashing the pool

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
Is this still a problem?

How are they able to do it?

What do CMs say when a guest informs them of the issue?

Do they tend to pool crash more on weekends, or any day that school isn't in session?

I'm just curious. In the very early stages of planning, and getting as much info as I can.

How are they able to do it?
. . . lots of CM's do this after work or on their day off
. . . easy to just follow a guest into the pool or have them give you access, as most will let you in

What do CMs say when a guest informs them of the issue?
. . . usually nothing
. . . CM's can be disciplined for guest-encounters
. . . even 1st or 2nd line managers seldom forbid or criticize guests

Do they tend to pool crash more on weekends, or any day that school isn't in session?
. . . more on weekdays for employees
. . . more on weekends for locals
. . . just too easy to gain entry to avoid a-day-at-the-pool

Last edited:
so how do they get on the property? Is this a real big problem?? How would you know they are locals??

We camped at FW last year for 12 days. Several times when soaking in the hot tub, I chatted with folks. When I asked them where they were from, they were locals - students, young people that said they come here often. Not sure how they can do it and get past the guard at the gate coming into the campground.

Been known issue for years. Depending on who you ask it's a terrible problem. Others report not noticing it. Disney does very little to enforce the rules so it's actually quite easy to do from we have heard over the years.

A little different but when we were there in Nov 2015 there was a local church school group of at least 30 people using the pool and picnic area for the day. I think it may have been a Disney sanctioned event as they were all had tee shirts from the church school and the kids were doing activities.

As to how people get past security they probably tell the guard they are heading down to Trails End to eat or even want to go to the Trading Post to buy something. Years ago I had never been in the Contemporary. I pulled up to the security guard and asked him I could park to look around the place as we were killing time before we had to get back to the Richard Petty Driving School. He gave me a 3 hour parking pass. After we were done there we took the monorail over to the Poly and GF to see those resorts.

In the past the local problem has been particularly bad at summer holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day).

People talk openly of their plans and their skirting the rules.

I'm not going to publicize the route to take to the Fort pool but given what's available to tourists and the variety of transportation that WDW provides, it's not hard to get there. Fort management in the past addressed similar abuses for Halloween activities that had locals coming in using a similar approach.

CM's don't check or care because their management doesn't care. It can happen anytime but summer weekends and holidays more. Don't let it impact your planning because there is nothing to be done about it.

Bama Ed

PS - and don't get me started on the folks who go to the pool at 8am (or whenever it opens) and puts their towel on a lounger and come back later after lunch to use it (expecting it to still be there)... :sad2:

. True, but a lot of the other resorts require MB to enter pool.

Yes, snowmedic, but I've only heard of that at Deluxe WDW resorts (or maybe DVC). Values and Moderates haven't been checking that I've heard of.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Maybe if we start to complain they will start ti do the same for us Make access available to current valid Resort specific MB

Maybe if we acted like a real Fort and physically repelled invaders. I figure after the first few return home beaten and battered the rest of the neighborhood will figure it out and go pick on the other resorts.

I mean, think about it. It could be fun.

For us of course.

Its already been pointed out that Disney will not confront anyone, their rules exist only for those that follow rules. If you have the nerve to ignore the rules you will likely go unchallenged. Disney wont change their policy until it starts costing them money and even then it will only be for long enough to appease the customers.

At BLT, I was going to refill a drink mug, didn't care about the pool at all. I had a CM that was about 10 ft ahead of me, pull the gate close to latch, looked at me and said "sorry".. Having to use my own MB, just threw my whole day off and I demanded compensation.....J/K.

I just thought it was odd. It wasn't like I was hiding in the bushes waiting for someone to open the gate.

Maybe if we acted like a real Fort and physically repelled invaders. I figure after the first few return home beaten and battered the rest of the neighborhood will figure it out and go pick on the other resorts.

I mean, think about it. It could be fun.

For us of course.

Count me in :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, snowmedic, but I've only heard of that at Deluxe WDW resorts (or maybe DVC). Values and Moderates haven't been checking that I've heard of.

Bama Ed

I don't know on the values, but I know they have gates at the main pool at AoA - and of course (as you said) at most all of the deluxe and DVC pools (at least the main pools - I'm not sure the quiet pools all have them). I'd love to see MB access to buses, as I think that would help get a handle on a lot of these abuses. I know it might cause a very small slow-down for loading, but I'd not be at all averse to a system that required MB access to get on a bus. Those are meant to be for WDW guests anyway - so everyone on there should have a MB.

I know it won't happen (more people on a Disney bus means more people going somewhere on property to spend money - regardless of where they came from), but I'd love to see it happen!

Saw a photo in a facebook group of a family of locals, with the caption "Pool crashing at the Poly today." It was last summer, but they clearly do it all the time. They even had resort towels behind them on the chairs.

Saw a photo in a facebook group of a family of locals, with the caption "Pool crashing at the Poly today." It was last summer, but they clearly do it all the time. They even had resort towels behind them on the chairs.
ahahaha well even if Disney doesn't actively STOP them, postings like that are super helpful and easy to spread the word around on social media. Just re-post and share with all the relevant hashtags and let Disney reps do the hard work of untangling that PR mess, once enough people get word that their expensive vacations will be impacted by freeloaders ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!