Local Holiday Inns

larworth

DIS Veteran
Any comments on the 3 HI properties would be appreciated.

1. HI Resort (Manchester Rd). Appears to be the newest and has HI's highest quality rating. The furthest (1 mile) away ~$70

2. HI at the Park (Harbor). Not recently rennovated. Their lowest quality rating. About 0.5 mile away ~$70

3. HI & Suites (Walnut). Rennovated in 2001. Mid-tier quality rating. Probably the shortest walk to the park ~$80

If I am thinking correctly.....The one on Walnut ( it use to be Conestoga hotel??? Name changed in April 2001???) is the one we went to last yr... EXTREMELY RUDE staff and did not seem concerned when we pointed out problems- like the door that nearly fell on my 5 and 8 yr old...!!!! Had to remind them about the fridge request (smelly), had to wait 2 hrs to get into our room (computers were down), and while we were waiting I listened to one staff remark to manager in Spanish (trying to talk over my head so I would not understand --- hehehehehe -- I know some Spanish LOL) that he did not have a room for us. They had just barely cleaned our room when we finally got keys (this was 4 pm , check out is 11 am - also was a teusday - no excuse).... it is not walkable distance and the shuttle is shared between SEVERAL hotels - dropping in the furthest zone from the entrance (white cones), had to wait around alot for shuttles which were crowded at night.

Maybe it has improved???

The other two I have heard are better. The brand new one sounds interesting / nice - isn't it all suites?? It is a bit far but depends on shuttle service used.
The one on Harbor I have heard is decent as well - again not sure on shuttle service - I would contact them and ask where does shuttle drop off at ? (white is furthest away - blue and red are much closer)how often ? and how many hotels share it? - ours was on a lunch break every day for an hour and a half with no service, it was a pain to schedule our day around the shuttle times .....

Ypou could easily find a hotel that is closer for about the same price. Or even stay at Paradise Pier (on site) for $79- $99 a nite with Annual Pass rates ( Deluxe annual pass is very close to same amount as a 4 day hopper - plus you get discounts at many restaurants, stores, savings at Dsiney hotels...)

Thanks for the comments.

Towards the end of July not seeing much discounting. At these same price points all I am finding are the Quality, Park Vu, Travelodge grade properties. The HI's seem a notch above these. Many of the oft mentioned favorites (Carousel, Desert Inn, CandyCane...) are in the $100+ range. Will probably give Priceline a shot, but want to have a good backup plan.

There is also a Holiday Inn Express on Katella Just around the corner from Harbor Blvd. It would be the closest walk. The New Holiday Inn on Manchester looks really nice and seems to have good prices. It all depends on their shuttle service as it really isn't walkable for the vast majority of people.

I would check around on different web sites for prices - or do you have AAA? Can get some good deals online thru each hotels web site or check w AAA. I think the Howard jonson (which looks decent- close by) offers a $70 rate on occasion on web site. Priceline is also a good idea - I have read of numerous people getting embassy suites/Hyatt/Marriot for only $35 a nite . I might try that next yr :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter