LMT Tickets and new MaxPass System

disneydadazut2

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness
I've been trying to keep up with the existing thread on MaxPass, but I never saw these questions asked or answered. If they were, I'm sorry.

Question 1- We are headed to DLR in 3 weeks. I planned to purchase LMT tickets online (and redeem onsite for paper tickets). Will these tickets cause me problems/headache with the new MaxPass system?

Clarifying question 2 - Can I also scan these tickets into my Disneyland App?

Further clarifying question 3 - IF MaxPass is fully functional, will I be able to upgrade this tickets for the $10 a day to reserve FastPasses on the app and take advantage of FastPass?

Thanks for the help.

Nobody can answer these questions for you yet.

I think it's likely you'll be able to do these things, but Disney hasn't made any announcements and the system hasn't gone live yet, so there are no personal reports yet of how it will work.

1) Once you exchange your voucher for a paper ticket at the turnstiles, that ticket should work fine for obtaining and redeeming FPs. I bought tickets recently from LMT and printed out my vouchers (they are regular ticket vouchers with bar codes -- easy to exchange at the gate). Make sure to take a screenshot or photo of the tickets with a clear view of the bar codes, just in case something happens to the vouchers.

2) Not sure about this. Try calling or emailing Guest Services to see what they say. Hopefully another DISer will come back with a better answer for you.

3) Assuming MaxPass is operational at the time of your visit (and it's already been delayed once), Disney has said that guests will be able to purchase it day of for the introductory rate of $10 per day to add on to their tickets. I can't imagine that Disney wouldn't want guests to buy something, so it seems pretty likely that you'll be able to do this. Just keep in mind that it is possible that MP won't be ready by the time you arrive and the current FP system will still be in place.

Try asking your questions in this thread: MaxPass/Digital Fastpass - Any More Info?. You might get answers there.

Last edited:
No one knows the details of MP yet. I just read a news article that said Max Pass would be for "Disney Resort guests and Premium ticket holders." I have no idea what that means, and it may not mean anything, or it might be a hint that MP won't be an option for certain ticket types.

No one knows the details of MP yet. I just read a news article that said Max Pass would be for "Disney Resort guests and Premium ticket holders." I have no idea what that means, and it may not mean anything, or it might be a hint that MP won't be an option for certain ticket types.
I'm pretty sure this means for those who buy a 3+ day pass or are staying at a resort...don't think you can add maxpass to just a one day pass...they may open it up to more once they see how this goes, but this is purely an incentive to encourage people to stay onsite and/or buy more than a 2 day pass. They want you in their rooms and they want you spending money longer in the parks... :)

I'm pretty sure this means for those who buy a 3+ day pass or are staying at a resort...don't think you can add maxpass to just a one day pass...they may open it up to more once they see how this goes, but this is purely an incentive to encourage people to stay onsite and/or buy more than a 2 day pass. They want you in their rooms and they want you spending money longer in the parks... :)
Maybe. If they wanted people in the parks more days they would sell longer than a 5 day ticket.

Not really a good choice if you live half way across the country and want to visit for 7 or 8 days.

True enough, though this means the actual objection is that there are no ticket options between five days and an annual pass. Or more accurately, no discounted ticket options, because somebody wanting to visit for 8 days could get a 5 day and a 3 day pass, or two 4 day passes.

True enough, though this means the actual objection is that there are no ticket options between five days and an annual pass. Or more accurately, no discounted ticket options, because somebody wanting to visit for 8 days could get a 5 day and a 3 day pass, or two 4 day passes.
I understand all of that. I'm just saying that Disney's objective does not appear to be encouraging longer trips. I assume they have decided it's better for them to turn people over faster.

I agree. I just returned last week. We live in Arkansas, so an AP would be a waste. We bought 5-day hoppers, but would have purchased 6 days if we would have had that option.

I understand all of that. I'm just saying that Disney's objective does not appear to be encouraging longer trips. I assume they have decided it's better for them to turn people over faster.
I don't think there's any reason to assume that Disney's wording on "premium" tickets would include 3 day or more tickets. They've shown with discontinuing Premium APs and splitting them into the 2 Signature options and adding demand pricing that they'll create new ticket categories if they have to. But, encouraging longer trips assumes that most people buy a 5 day ticket. They may have numbers showing they want to increase sales of 2-3 day tickets to 5 day tickets, and thus want to encourage longer trips, but still don't have enough incentive to offer a 7 day ticket.

I don't think there's any reason to assume that Disney's wording on "premium" tickets would include 3 day or more tickets. They've shown with discontinuing Premium APs and splitting them into the 2 Signature options and adding demand pricing that they'll create new ticket categories if they have to. But, encouraging longer trips assumes that most people buy a 5 day ticket. They may have numbers showing they want to increase sales of 2-3 day tickets to 5 day tickets, and thus want to encourage longer trips, but still don't have enough incentive to offer a 7 day ticket.

I say it's likely 3 day or more because they already offer EMH starting at that package point.

I'll let you know bc we will be there 3 days in August :)

Maybe. If they wanted people in the parks more days they would sell longer than a 5 day ticket.
There really is no point with parks so small. WDW warrants a 5+ day but not DL.

There really is no point with parks so small. WDW warrants a 5+ day but not DL.
It's not about size. There are almost as many attractions in those 2 parks as there are in the 4 parks of WDW.

We've gone for 5 days a number of times and left feeling like we needed just a bit longer. The 2 trips we did in just under a year with an AP were 7 and 8 park days long. That felt just about right to me. It was really nice to be able to have a couple shorter park days in there. With 5 days or less, we always feel like we need to have full days. I'd do the AP thing again but with my daughter in high school our trips have gotten harder to predict that far out so I couldn't commit to a second trip with the AP with enough confidence to invest in it.

One reason Disney limits tickets to 5 days is to combat ticket fraud, multi-day tickets being shared or rented.
This was a significant problem a few years ago, however guest photos linked to multi-day passes should eliminate most fraud.

One reason Disney limits tickets to 5 days is to combat ticket fraud, multi-day tickets being shared or rented.
This was a significant problem a few years ago, however guest photos linked to multi-day passes should eliminate most fraud.
Yeah, I bought that when they initially cut back to 5 days. But the photos should have pretty much solved that issue.

Our last visit was our longest ever, with 5-1/2 park days. I'd gladly have stayed longer, but DD's and DH's APs were blocked on Saturdays, and Sunday was Father's Day. We had so much fun. I would have no trouble spending longer than five days regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!