Liz and Alex's DCL Wedding 12/2014

HumanAgain

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! (Sorry there are no pictures! Apparently I have to have 10 posts before I can add pictures!)
My name is Liz and I am new to the community. I wanted to share our story, as it seems like a lot of fun to exchange stories, ask questions about one another, and give advice on here.
So, I'll start at the very beginning. I have been with my fiance Alex for over 5 and a half years. We went to high school together and started dating my freshman year, his sophomore year, but we knew of each other for a really long time. I went to girl scouts with his twin sister, his big sister was my girl scout leader, and we went to the same elementary school. Funny how life works out sometimes.
Anyway, we got engaged April 22, 2013 on his birthday at Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom. I am totally Disney obsessed and Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite film as far as I can remember, so this was really fitting. I cannot say I was surprised though. My fiance and I have been talking about marriage forever, and I found out about the ring in December 2012 (whoops). And I kept pestering him about doing it officially at Be Our Guest since we had made reservations there. I'm lucky he is willing to share our engagement date with his birthday!
We were planning on a long engagement, but I guess it turned out to be a lot shorter than anticipated. We didn't officially start planning until a few days ago. We chose DCL for its price. I really wanted a park wedding, but honestly, the prices are way too high. DF kept bothering me about going on the cruise for our honeymoon, so I just decided, why not do the wedding and honeymoon all in one?
We are nowhere near working out all of the details yet! So far, I know we are doing the ceremony on the ship, but that is about all. They say these smaller weddings are so easy to plan, but there are still so many choices to be made!
I just received my planning guide today. I am hoping that my planner will accomodate some of the things that I want to change, that aren't listed as customizable. I really want to do something with the cake and song selections for instance. The cakes are really very dull in my opinion. As for the songs, they have a lot of selections, but I really would like a wide variety of Disney tunes to be played. I think it would be very cool to have some Hercules and Nightmare before Christmas.
More to come!

congratulations on your engagement! I think a DCL Wedding is the best (probabaly because i'll also be a DCL bride in 2015! yay!!) Good luck with your planning.

Welcome! We are having a DCL wedding in January after deciding on it in October. So we have planned a wedding in three months... It is VERY easy and DFTW makes it that way. I agree that the cakes are every plain and simple but sadly there is a limit to what a ship can make. :( I wanted a park wedding too, but honestly you can still have the park photo shoots so it's just as good. :)

We have discovered that there is a pianist at our wedding (we are on CC, not sure about the ship) and reception/cake cutting/whatever you want to call it and they can play a number of Disney songs that is NOT on the sheet. So for the reception we have just requested a Disney medley. I assume it is the same person who plays in the atrium. You are welcome to provide your own CD of music too, and I have heard that you can provide sheet music but didn't get this confirmed.

Which ship are you looking at?

Happy planning to you both! Holula, I have worked out quite a few details so far and I can confirm that we will be sailing on the Dream. And I'm sure you already know, but my planner at the time (Meredith, but she recently left) told me I could pick my own sheet music as long as I sent it over. I really wanted Be Our Guest, since we got engaged there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter