Livestreamers/Vloggers

Scottishdisneyfan

Mouseketeer
Ive been coming to Orlando with my other half for 12 years now, what started as a few decent vloggers has turned into everyone with an iphone doing ‘lives’. You go on a ride, theres a livestreamer shouting and screaming, wanna see something cool or an easter egg to show your kids, you get there and theres a live streamer spoiling the surprises etc with their commentary. The other day I was in the premium outlets at the disney outlet, theres a live streamer going around commentating on everything, getting in the way of actual shoppers, being very demanding of the cast members and not actually buying the items they are asking for, just talking about them and putting them back, all the while holding up the cash register line. Lets also not forget randomly broadcasting our images including our kids in private spaces. Now i understand US law permits this, but surely disney knows these people dampen the experience of others? They acted on selfie sticks but these people are still allowed theirs. Id like to see them stop live streamers. Appreciate others may not share this view but its getting to the stage its ridiculous.

On Reddit, there is a subreddit all about this behavior called ImTheMainCharacter.

I have been lucky to have not run into many streamers or vloggers. I recall seeing one once as we were walking into one of the parks from the parking lot.

I think you are just having some bad luck running across them.

In addition to the streamers and vloggers, you also have the people Facetiming, people playing games in line, large groups chanting or cheering and the threat of tripping over someone staking out a fireworks or parade spot 3 hours early.

It's all part of the charm of visiting a theme park in 2023.

When you are in a public place, other people can record you, however, Disney and most shopping malls are not on public property, so they could ask the vlogger to stop or trespass them.

With thousands of people taking vacation photos and videos, this is unlikely, however, if someone is causing a disruption they could be booted.

On Reddit, there is a subreddit all about this behavior called ImTheMainCharacter.

I have been lucky to have not run into many streamers or vloggers. I recall seeing one once as we were walking into one of the parks from the parking lot.

I think you are just having some bad luck running across them.

In addition to the streamers and vloggers, you also have the people Facetiming, people playing games in line, large groups chanting or cheering and the threat of tripping over someone staking out a fireworks or parade spot 3 hours early.

It's all part of the charm of visiting a theme park in 2023.

When you are in a public place, other people can record you, however, Disney and most shopping malls are not on public property, so they could ask the vlogger to stop or trespass them.

With thousands of people taking vacation photos and videos, this is unlikely, however, if someone is causing a disruption they could be booted.
I absolutely get the appeal of going to the worlds best place for themeparks and wanting to take pictures, its a great way to relive memories with your kids. Im even fine with the trippers in line/facetimers etc, because thats momentary, these people live to get the gratification of people they are streaming to, it’d be fine if it wasnt so disruptive. I think the reason i was tipped over the edge was the rudeness of the one we saw in the outlet the other day, also you’ve got to question the sanity of anyone who thinks its entertaining to watch someone online shopping in a disney store. Disney does a fantastic job with its media, some of these folks just ruin ‘the magic’, was in Cali over the summer and was on the matterhorn, had one in front of us screaming about the basketball court and being really ‘extra’ on the ride which absolutely dilutes it for others. Anyone who’s had the displeasure of watching Michael Kay for 5 seconds knows what im talking about. Saw a youtube video about some of these live streamers who go out of their way to be obstructive and make cast members lives difficult, like trying to stay past closing and just loitering about the place.
Yeh perhaps we’ve just been really unlucky, but they are annoying.

Agree they are very annoying. When I was going thru Moana, there was a Livestreamer talking the whole entire time 🤪 Same at the Character Wearhouse. I was trying to check out an item but they were blocking it talking to people about what stuff they want to buy. Kick them out.

Agree that it gets annoying, but there’s no way Disney is going to stop people from advertising for them for free.

I think it depends on who’s doing the livestream.

My DD20 and I are big fans of ResortTV1 and they are incredibly respectful with everything. Unfortunately the bad ones make everyone seem bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter