Live now at OKW. Ask any questions you want

I'm thinking of renting dvc points for Jambo house DVC next month when it opens. Does anyone know if the pool there will be open for dvc guests? I'm a little nervous about Kidani pool having way too many people

JAMBO is not opening - they are going to fill Kidani first
I think JAMBO will be closed most of 2020

A couple of questions -- I tried to read through all posts to make sure there weren't any duplicates:

1) If you've walked around Disney Springs, are guests / casts members taking masks pretty seriously? For example, are people wearing them correctly when in stores?

2) How full are they allowing the transportation options to be? Has the limited capacity resulted in long wait times for transportation?

Any idea of the resort bars will be closed, with new order today by the Governor?
Pool bar at OKW, VGF and SSR were still open. Rolling bar cart in Disney Springs was open. Seems Hangar Bar closed and I think it was the Margarita booth in DS that was closed.

A couple of questions -- I tried to read through all posts to make sure there weren't any duplicates:

1) If you've walked around Disney Springs, are guests / casts members taking masks pretty seriously? For example, are people wearing them correctly when in stores?

2) How full are they allowing the transportation options to be? Has the limited capacity resulted in long wait times for transportation?
Strict on masks. Seeing people pull them up or down to take a drink. A few under the nose, but it is hard to breathe in them and I did loosen mine to get a little airflow here and there.
Not many people on busses. We were usually only ones on or us and another family. Busses seem to run regularly during busier Disney Springs hours. Tried to get a bus just before 11 this morning and waited long enough to just order an Uber.

Have the walking paths to DS been opened? (I guess this may be more a question of whether there are temperature checks at other points or you need to walk all the way around DS to the garages to get in)

Bruce

I posted this question on a different post before I saw that you were at the resort we are staying at, so I’ll ask you too. Have you noticed if the bus stops are configured differently in how people wait? I realize that only DS is open now, but I was thinking that they may be preparing for when the parks open. I’m wondering how they are going to have people physically distance when there are busses that go to 5 parks/ DS and no queues at each stop. At least at some DVCs there are different bus slots for each park, and the values usually have queues. Could be chaotic especially since they are not allowing as many people on the busses. I guess I’m hoping they will have some sort of organized way for people to wait for the busses while social distancing and being fair (not having someone just walking up and cutting people). TIA 🤗

I posted this question on a different post before I saw that you were at the resort we are staying at, so I’ll ask you too. Have you noticed if the bus stops are configured differently in how people wait? I realize that only DS is open now, but I was thinking that they may be preparing for when the parks open. I’m wondering how they are going to have people physically distance when there are busses that go to 5 parks/ DS and no queues at each stop. At least at some DVCs there are different bus slots for each park, and the values usually have queues. Could be chaotic especially since they are not allowing as many people on the busses. I guess I’m hoping they will have some sort of organized way for people to wait for the busses while social distancing and being fair (not having someone just walking up and cutting people). TIA 🤗

TO be honest, the 3 days I was staying at OKW I never saw more than 1 party at a time waiting for the bus. THere were so few people at the entire resort last week. The buses were running about every 30 minutes and they were stopping at each bus stop inside of OKW

TO be honest, the 3 days I was staying at OKW I never saw more than 1 party at a time waiting for the bus. THere were so few people at the entire resort last week. The buses were running about every 30 minutes and they were stopping at each bus stop inside of OKW
Thanks! That’s what I figured. There is sure to be a surge of people come July 11th. I hope they have a plan as to how to handle the crowds that gather at the bus stops (especially in the morning) with no clear way of waiting in a physical-distance and fair fashion. We are considering renting a car because we could just avoid this possible concern. Thanks for taking time to answer my question 🤗 Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!