Live from Kidani and BCV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Checked into Kidani yesterday. I'd requested "near lobby" and "low floor". Turns out I could have either one, but not both. CM convinced me that this one (long walk) had a great view. Well, she was right about one thing-what a long walk! And if this is a great view, what're the bad views? And where are the animals? I miss my Jambo already, and toyed with the idea of requesting a move, but I've vowed to do all 4 nights here-maybe things will improve and I'll suddenly see lots of animals. Last night, my luggage still hadn't arrived (almost 6 hours after landing) so I called bell services-twice! Turns out, they'd delivered it to the wrong room and it took almost an hour to get it-just a little glitch but another reason not to be a Kidani fan. A little good news, though- I finally got the BOG lunch. I'd tried from home, and it told me to see Lobby Concierge when I got here, so I did. But they said they couldn't help. Out of curiosity I logged on last night, and got it-only for the time I'm at BCV. And there was a time available on Tuesday for when I already had lunch ADRs, so I'm at BOG instead of the Plaza. Ironically it's for two, but DH leaves that day, and he's really not the Be Our Guest type (I could have taken it Saturday if he was). But he's more Biergarten than BOG. My camera has chosen this time to not cooperate so no pictures. But I'll report later. For today, it's Dining with the Animal Keeper at Sanaa, then DHS or my first PM ride on TSMM and hopefully, a meet-up with another solo DISer.

:surfweb: Deciding between Kidani and Jambo so I will watch to see how your trip unfolds - thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful time. I've been home 5 days and it seems more like 5 months. :confused3

:surfweb: Deciding between Kidani and Jambo so I will watch to see how your trip unfolds - thanks for sharing.

Actually, my trip isn't unfolding in Kidani's favor. I've seen very few animals from my balcony. And giraffes? If this were my first trip, I'd be sure there are no giraffes here, in 48 hours I haven't seen any, and I'm on the Sunset Savannah. Over at Jambo, on the same savannah, I've seen them a lot. It's usually only a few hours after check in before I see one-here after 2 days, still none. This morning, I went to Jambo for Boma's breakfast with a very nice DISer I met, and boy, did I miss that lobby! Here, by the time I walk to my room, I don't want to go back to the lobby. And all I can think of when I'm in the lobby is "Let's get this long walk over with!" Crowds are high and it's warmer and more humid than I expected for October, but I've dealt with crowds and heat before. Just surprised about it. Today, AK and tomorrow-MK.

I too found the crowds a little more than what we usually have in October. But we had a nice dry spell roll in and it was heavenly!

How nice you met another DISer! That's always fun!

Well have a wonderful day at AK! :thumbsup2 I look forward to hearing all about it!

We loved Jambo 1 bedroom so much that we added on @ AKV. I keep feeling like we should try Kidani but I also want to go with what I know at this point. Really leaning towards Jambo again. Look forward to reading the rest of your report.
How hot is it?

We loved Jambo 1 bedroom so much that we added on @ AKV. I keep feeling like we should try Kidani but I also want to go with what I know at this point. Really leaning towards Jambo again. Look forward to reading the rest of your report.
How hot is it?

I think it's very hot. Although the weather gets "only" to the high 80s, with the humidity, it feels about 10 degrees hotter. DH doesn't think that's at all unreasonably hot, but I sure do-especially when you're in a park surrounded by people. I also love Jambo, and have stayed there about 10 times. I kept thinking I should try Kidani sometime. Well, I did this trip-back to Jambo in the future. Maybe if I were closer to the lobby, or on the other side, there'd be animals and a shorter walk. But I miss Jambo!

Today it's off to BCV, which I hope is a much shorter walk to our room. So glad that DH came in last night and we had the bread service in the Sanaa bar. Small bar-we were lucky to get seats.

This morning we rode Pirates and Splash before checking into BCV. I was disappointed the pirate effect (can't remember his name) that the boat goes thru wasn't working. At check-in, "the system crashed" and we had to be totally rebooked (?). Finally, we got here, and I'm so happy! All our requests were met, including "big balcony"-it's huge! So far our MagicBands won't work, but that's OK. Went to Beaches and Cream for our No Way Jose Sundae, and DH went to Boardwalk Bakery for tomorrow's breakfast. Yes, things are good here-very good! Tomorrow F&W.

Oh, and the approximately 100 steps it took to get to the ice machine at Kidani gets us to the elevator here. And in the scheme of things at BCV, we're not close to elevator. At Kidani, those 100 steps weren't 1/4 the way to the lobby.

I'm here at Kidani now, checking out at 11 after four nights here. We are really sad to be going home :sad: We love it! We always request the Pembe Savanna and have not been disappointed. On this savanna we see my favorite, the Red River hogs, plus Nyala, impala, waterbuck, Ankole cattle, springbok or Tommies (I'm still not sure which is which!) and an Okapi named Zelda, plus the Stanley crane and the hornbill. Yes, its a hike from the lobby but at least its air conditioned. The only thing, in my opinion, that Kidani lacks is a counter service. I've stayed at Jambo House but Kidani Village is so much more peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter