Live from BWV

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Good morning:goodvibes
My DH and I arrived on this past Sunday. We flew out of JFK on JetBlue. Surprisingly so our flight was delayed by 50 minutes for no apparent reason. I say surprised because it's the first time for me with JB for a delay with no reason, i.e. storm somewhere. Right off the bat I was disappointed, but still happy to be coming down to BWV.

We took a car service for a quick, very quick stop at Publix and got here before the ME bus. Thank goodness, or I fear we'd still be on the check in line!

I did online check in and fastpass + on the magic bands. Check in still took 45 minutes because there was a glitch with our bands ( I had no problem with it last month at AKV) I don't usually complain, but I must say that I find a tremendous lack of communication between employes across the board at DW. And that I just don't get. Disney is on the cutting edge and a top notch resort destination, so what's up with one speaking to another and relaying info? Horrible....
They stood there staring at the computer screen, did not, upon asking, explain what the problem was. I was ready to go with just a key card and our plastic card tickets, but was worried about losing our FP times in the parks. So we waited. The girl at the desk, very nice, called an assistant front desk manager, Chris, over. He said he would work on it, we should check in and stop back later. How he could work on it without our bands or park tickets is beyond me. Apparently he couldn't, didn't...both, because when we stopped back after unpacking he went home, she went home and no one at the front desk knew anything about it! So we had to start over with a nice young man, also a FD assistant manager., named Luke. He explained the glitch, apparently the system picked up two of me as there was an old icon attached to my name from before mydisneyexperience, but from one of the Disney sites. ( I guess they're moving closer with getting all of that connected into MDE:confused3). My MB was somehow attached to my DH's but not to me and he had his on his MB as well. So, Luke fixed everything....or so we thought! We headed over to big river grille for dinner. We couldn't charge with the bands, so we paid cash and went back to the front desk to reset our pins which apparently needed to be done after the glitch was fixed. That was the end of that, but all in all it killed 2 hours, and as we all know, time is precious on any vacation.

I had only one request on the room....that it be mid hall or closer to elevators. We are at the end. Okay, we totally understand requests are not a guarantee. So not a complaint, just a mention. That being said, room is lovely - a 1 Bdr, immaculate. The drain in sink by tub was clogged, we called and it was fixed immediately. Coffee maker is horrible, doesn't make coffee hot, only warm. I nuke it for a few seconds to heat it better. I will call for a replacement when I have time to wait.

Okay enough of the bad and ugly;)
On to the good. We headed over to BLT after getting settled and relaxing on the BW, which is alive and bubbling with activity. We met up with friends, also DVC members and went up to TOTW lounge to watch the fireworks and have a drink. We love this lounge, and we especially love hanging with friends here. I, for one, am very happy it's not a full service. To us, it's perfect for just what it is. A meeting place for members and guests for a view and for a cocktail. It hasn't disappointed yet and I've been there a few times.

End of day one and very happy to be here!
Day two: Up early, cleaned Jacuzzi and jumped in! Awesome! Relaxed and ready to go. Made some breakfast in room, and walked over to EPCOT. Rode our FP rides (TT was down again, of course), but we went back later and we were able to ride it. My DH loved the new TT. Headed over for a late lunch to Seasons. We had a couple of appetizers at WS from F&W so we weren't hungry at regular lunchtime. We rode Soarin, our last FP and came "home" for some R&R before heading back to meet our friends for dinner and illuminations.

We ate in La Hacienda for dinner, first time. In short, small portions, high prices and only okay food(the corn ice cream, however, was amazing!...and service was excellent), but we still prefer the restaurant inside the pyramid :thumbsup2
Then we walked around toward International Gateway and watched Illuminations (always awesome ) before coming home for the night. The park was very crowded, not too hot and very manageable. That said, one of my fantasies is to have the park and a golf cart or two with some friends all to ourselves. :rotfl2: I'm sure I don't stand alone in that dream;)

It was a good day.

Day three: I'm the one :lmao: sitting on the balcony with my iPad writing my TR:surfweb:.....to be continued after another day at Disney.

Should we blow off MK and head to Ghiradelli in DTD, the spa or the pool? Oh, decisions decisions! We really are blessed!

Have a magicial day!

Live from BWV Day three:

My DH wanted to sleep in and I'm an early riser so I called and got an appointment for a massage and some reflexology over at Mandara in the Dolphin. I was able to book immediately, so up, dressed and over I went. Wow! That was a great idea. Especially the reflexology. Every ounce of tension and any little aches from walking so much drained right out of my body. pixiedust:

Headed back to BW after relaxing some in their relaxation room and met up DH. We decided to head over to DTD to meet our friends from home, also DVC members here on vacation. Ate at Earl of Sandwich. They have a holiday turkey panini out, wow! Loved it! Browsed the shops, bought one or two Christmas gifts for family and then went over for that sinful snack.....Ghiradelli's!

We all headed back to our one bedroom at BWV, (they were staying at AKV Studio), and relaxed and hung around the BW a bit. Then we all headed over to Artist Point for a wonderful dinner. We love this resort (Wilderness Lodge). We have been using only Disney transportation, so lots of connecting and a good amount of time going into the there and back, but worked out well.

After dinner we looked for hidden mickeys around the place...front desk gave us a HM sheet listing hints of where to look. Then, sadly, our day was over. It was late and home we all went. Since MK was closed we had to take the bus to DTD and switch to a BW bus. The DTD bus came quickly to WL, but I know from experience that the BW bus from DTD is a nightmare. It stopped at Pleasure Island, then Swan, then Dolphin, then Yacht, then BC. It took 1 1/2 hours total between waiting for it to come and the "layover" to change drivers at PI. I tried to get DH in a cab, he doesn't do this as often often as I so he couldn't fathom how long this would take. It was exhausting.

Day four:

Woohoo! What a day!:hyper:
We all had an 11:30 Wilderness Backtrail Segway tour at Fort Wilderness! Well, after how long the buses took the night before and being on the clock, we hopped in a cab over to FW knowing there was an internal bus to get over to the bike barn and we didn't want to risk the stress of being potentially late.
As far as the Segway, :moped:What a blast! And the grounds were gorgeous too! Really super fun! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! We finished up about 2 hours later and headed over to Trails End for a hearty yummy lunch and then on the boat to MK. This is where we parted ways with our friends, as they were leaving in the late afternoon and had to head back to catch ME.

DH and I headed into MK. I love this place, every time I walk in to it, is like the first time. Goosebumps and all :blush: Christmas decorations abound and as always, the castle was gorgeous. We had MB's but for AKP. I went over to the times board and a lovely CM walked me through the MDE app on how to cancel FP from one park and make in another! Couldn't do that a month or so ago;) they are improving MB &FP+ quickly. So we made some FP's for MK and headed over to Pirates with a FP. regular line was long, but we got right on with FP. So far I like the new system. Then we saw Mickeys Philharmagic, had a Starbucks, shopped, people watched and rode HM. Then the Peoplemover. Skipped the best SM, to head over to GF for our Citrico's reservation.

BACK STORY:
We are celebrating our 30th in Feb. and we made some big plans including 10 other people. We booked 3 studios for us, our adult kids and another couple at BW. Our friends, the DVC members, booked for themselves and their adult kids, who are BFF's of our kids. We have a photographer coming to the BW on our event day, and then we are all headed over to Citrico's for dinner in Chefs Domain, followed by an hour and a half on the Grand a Yacht for cake, champagne and fireworks!

So....DH and I wanted to try it out and see Chefs Domain. I had emailed Pat from GF who is going to help with the cake, to let her know we had dinner plans this trip and that I would love to meet her if it worked out.

We get to Citrico's and were greeted by Beatrice who lead us to our table. On the way we explained our plans, so she led us to one of the Chef's who graciously took a moment to talk to us about our event and gave us his card! Love it! While at the table, Pat comes over to introduce herself! I didn't really expect this and was so happily surprised! Meal was fantastic, wine delicious and service excellent. We made the right choice and can't wait for our event, knowing it will really be special!

After dinner we walked over to the GFV. Now, I was told by DVC CM's twice in my travels this trip that the only models available to see are at SSR!!!!!:scratchin

What is up with miscommunication among the CM's???? It's ridiculously frustrating:confused3. No one, across the board, in any dept. gives the same answer. Get it together Disney, CM training...specifically to be on the same page is important!!!

Whew, got that out:goodvibes. Anyway, we walk in, place is gorgeous, and of course there's a CM very happy and willing to walk members through a big beautiful 2 bedroom lock off model. So, I had that little wish fulfilled and now I just have to work on DH, who also thought - WOW, to add some points there :cool1:

That was the end of a great day and our last day here....for now:sad:
Heading home shortly.

Thanks for reading ;)

Thank you for your trip report. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip and got so much done!
Your upcoming 30th anniversary trip sounds like quite a "DO" too.:cheer2:
It sounds really nice.

Whew, got that out:goodvibes. Anyway, we walk in, place is gorgeous, and of course there's a CM very happy and willing to walk members through a big beautiful 2 bedroom lock off model. So, I had that little wish fulfilled and now I just have to work on DH, who also thought - WOW, to add some points there :cool1:

Hmm...30th anniversary present perhaps? :goodvibes I love the sounds of your next trip in February too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter