• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Little Tripper diaper bag good for parks?

Tara

Bad Influence
The Lands' End Little Tripper diaper bag is on sale right now and I'm wondering if it's an appropriate size for spending the day in the parks with a 1-yo who is breastfed and therefore won't need bottles packed. (we are staying onsite)

Anyone have this bag? What do you think of it?

We have 2 diaper bags, one that is big and good for traveling, and one that is good for quick outings, but I'm thinking the parks call for an in-between bag size. Thoughts? Suggestions?

The Little Tripper is VERY small, I own one. If you are really interested, I can go measure it, just let me know. You could probably fit a couple of diapers, a container of wipes, and shorts or pants and a tshirt. You would not be able to squeeze in a sweater, sweatshirt. You could fit some small snacks too. Not sure if it would get you through a whole day in the parks, but if you would be taking breaks, and going back to your hotel, it might work.

Take this with a grain of salt as well, as I am known in my family for always having 'The Bag' and usually have ANYTHING anyone would need. ;)

We took it with us last year when ds was 2. It is really small. I didn't have any problem with it, as I did not take a change of clothes into the parks. I was able to fit (fairly easily) 4-5 diapers, travel size wipes, and 2 sippy cups. After that it was pretty full. LL Bean has some cute little kid backpacks that would probably work really well. That's what we'll be taking this year! HTH-Dana:D

I just orfered the DEECO Stoller Sak form Baby Center. It looks wonderful.. Attached to the handle of the stroller and appears to hold quite a bit. It was !9.95 and that was the only place I could find one. WE also have a basket under our Combi Stroller, so I think it should work well.

the ultimate diaperbag for WDW is the backpack by sportbaby and can be ordered from sportbaby.com! the chamging pad is big enough to hold a good sided toddler, so you can change him anywhere. theres a waterproof pocket for wet clothes. theres an additional handle on top of it so grabbing it is a breeze.

Hi Tara,
Did you end up getting the day-tripper? I am thinking of ordering it and was curious as to what you came up with. My daughter is 20 months and we will be staying at WL, so I don't need a full-bag. Whatever you can tell me would be much appreciated!

Actually, we didn't use a diaper bag at all. Most of the time I carried my Mickey "park purse," a bag that is messenger style but small that I got at TDS 2 years ago. In it I carried our passes, cash, my SLR camera, the digital camera and a small Ziploc with animal crackers or cheerios.

DH carried a backpack with our video camera, extra film and batteries, anoraks in case of rain, sippy cup, a small ziploc with a change of clothes for DS, a large ziploc with Bibsters, Table Toppers and a jar of baby food (in case he wouldn't eat the table food offered), and another large ziploc with wipes and diapers.

We found we just didn't need a whole bunch of baby stuff in the parks. In fact, if it weren't for the multimedia overkill :), we could have thrown the baby gear ziplocs in the stroller basket and I could have carried my bag and that would have been fine. We never needed the change of clothes or the baby food, either.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, the Lands End online outlet has the Little Tripper for $18 right now!

We picked up a large CLEAR backpack on clearance at WalMart for $4 and used it this last trip. I put the snacks, a change of clothes, film, drinks, and other necessities in individual ziploc bags inside.

When we went through security, the guard told everyone to get one like it, cause it was 'his favorite color'! That was our family's funny phrase for the rest of the trip!

My Little Tripper arrived a few days ago. It is just the right size for us. I will be able to use it a lot after the trip also, since my DD is growing out of a diaper bag and its contents. Looking forward for our trip...Thanks everyone for the ideas!

I love the Little Tripper. Mine is navy blue and SO sturdy. I rarely use it now... my babies are weaned and all big now (8 and 4) but when I need to take a few things with me it's PERFECT. I did use it at WDW last Spring and it worked out great. It really is like a purse, but BETTER. It's not huge but you can really shove a lot of stuff into it when you need to!

Have a great trip!

Colleen, thanks so much for you review. I am really excited about our trip and think the little daytripper will work out perfectly. I ordered the black one. Love the look!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter