Little Mermaid Food Ideas

lstoia

Earning My Ears
We are having an Under the Sea Ariel party for my daughter's 3rd birthday. Does anyone have any good ideas for themed foods?

Hotdog Ursula, goldfish, fish sticks...try Pinterest. Some great ideas for theme parties!

~ Fruit roll up / rice krispies sushi

~ Nilla wafer clam shells (fill 2 wafers with icing & add a mini marshmallow "pearl")

:goodvibes

You can find cookie cutters such as clamshells or starfish and cut out your bread for pb&j 's or lunchmeat sandwiches. Also make jello jigglers with the same cookie cutter.

- Shell pasta with a kid-friendly sauce (mac & cheese, pasta salad, etc.)
- Octopus hotdogs (cut 8 legs into the bottom half and cook so the legs curl up)
- Cut out pieces of different melon with themed cookie cutters
- Dye lemonade or apple juice blue and/or green
- Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (although I'm sure there's cheaper and more creative ideas for sweet things!)

There was a children's event I helped with that did water/ocean/beach themed snacks one day. We used food dye to colour cream cheese blue and spread it on crackers or toast and then put a couple goldfish on top and some "seaweed" cut from fruit leather/fruit roll-ups.

I've also made candy sushi before, although I'm not sure if your little one would understand the reference. Lay a fruit-roll up flat on the counter, spread it with a thin layer of warm rice-krispie treat, lay down a gummy worm or two and then roll it up (like you would a cucumber roll).

Fish shaped sugar cookies would make a great "craft" or activity for small ones too. I'd bake big, fish shaped cookies and make up a few colours of icing. Cover the table with newspapers and let them all decorate their own. The bulk store here sells fish shaped sprinkles sometimes. Just make sure you have plenty of soapy water for cleanup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!