Little known treasures for kids?

Disneyfan.UK121

Mouseketeer
Coming to visit the mouse in March next year. Have done many things with the kids since we've visited many times. Pirates league, BBB, had a family photo shoot at contemporary resort many years ago when it was attached to memory maker +$50, hair cut in barbers and pixie dust, hidden mickeys, and various character meals. Are there little known activities in Disney that you would recommend booking? We are staying off site so unfortunately can not do any of the resort activities ( I don't think?) My children are 10 ( boy) and 6 ( girl). I'd love to plan something different for them. I do have to add my son is on the autistic spectrum ( aspergers) so planning will be key!

Hi
What about giving them a phone or disposable camera and a list of things they must take a picture of in the theme park. "Disney Picture Treasure Hunt".
Another take is to get them to have their picture taken doing their"Disney Side" pose at each location. (This works well at Epcot).Your son could be the photographer and capture his sister in Disney Side Poses.
Gather together as a family to celebrate finishing the treasure hunt with a treat"Mickey bar".
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
March usually is the Flower and Garden festival. For the past few years there have been "find the Disney egg" games for purchase at Epcot during that time. It is a fun and relatively cheap activity and at the end you turn it in for a prize (you don't actually have to complete it to get the prize).

Also any resort based activity that is paid for you can do. Not sure what that will be for March but in the past there was the Grand Floridian Mad Tea Party and at the Fort there is archery lessons and horseback ridding etc.

Last year we rented Sea Raycers from the Contemporary dock. Our son was nine at the time (he has high functioning autism) and our daughter was six. It was a great time. We were able to cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon in our own little boat and get a different view of MK. I think you can rent them from other resorts as well. We felt it was reasonably priced and certainly fun.

March usually is the Flower and Garden festival. For the past few years there have been "find the Disney egg" games for purchase at Epcot during that time. It is a fun and relatively cheap activity and at the end you turn it in for a prize (you don't actually have to complete it to get the prize).

Also any resort based activity that is paid for you can do. Not sure what that will be for March but in the past there was the Grand Floridian Mad Tea Party and at the Fort there is archery lessons and horseback ridding etc.

I forgot to mention we did the egg hunt last year we went. It was great fun. I'm guessing they will dot them around in different places each year? My son has a photographic memory which would make for a quick hunt lol.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom...it's free. You get a map and spell cards. You find special portals and "defeat" the villains.

Your son might like playing the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game in the MK, go to the firehouse on main street to get your free sets of cards everyday and play at the portals throughout the park.

There's also a free pirate treasure hunt game in Adventureland which we like even better than the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

There's a PHineas and Ferb game that you can play in the World showcase where you have some kind of walkie talkie like device and you have to find the evil guy from that show or something, I'm not too sure but that's also free.

And in Epcot the kids can go to the Kidcot stops in each country and have a castmember stamp their fan and do a little activity. Also free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter