Little kids and strollers...

SilverL

My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!
Ok, so we're going to WDW in January.

We're going to have a 9 year old, 8 year old, and a 6 year old coming along.

Now, the 6 year old is afraid of auto flush toilets and is very stubborn about being 'accused' of being little.

I know she's going to get tired by noon and we were tihnking of getting her a stroller, but, she would probably throw a fit because she likes to pretend she's older.

How do we get the stroller without upsetting her?

Any tips on how to get her to conquer her fears of auto flush toilets that flsuh while she's on them?

If you put a sticker or Band Aid over the "eye" of the toilets they won't flush until you take them off.

When she sees other children her age in strollers, and her feet are killing her, she may break down. Good luck!

Get the stroller and I bet within a few hours all three will be fighting over who gets to ride! You could also try the line, "they have to walk and you GET to ride."Consider the double so that the other two can take turns hopping in when they are tired too. That way she will not feel different.

She might surprise you and not need the stroller. My youngest -7 - has no problems walking and keeping up with her father. My middle,9, has low muscle tone and hates to walk - he's the one that needs the stroller. We hang back behind everyone else.

I would wait and let her make the decision that she needs it. Try to take short rests if you feel she's getting tired, sit on the bench for an ice cream, or even say YOU need a rest. Your kids are so close in age, as mine are, everyone will need to take breaks.

Maybe you could get a stroller to "carry all the stuff on." Then it will be available when she poops out and asks for a ride. :-)

I'm actually not looking forward to our last child outgrowing stroller use. Where will I keep all the water bottles, the bag of jackets, etc?

I was thinking the same thing! I love having the stroller to carry all of the stuff! It also comes in handy while waiting for parades! The kids sit and have a snack and it keeps us from losing our place along the route.

I think it depends on how long you plan to stay at the parks each day. Our daughter did not need a stroller at 6, but we went back to the hotel to swim in the afternoon. We never spent the entire day at a park. When we were back with her at 8. She still wanted to go back to the room and swim every afternoon! Each family has their own plan that works best for them. We always stay on-site and enjoy using the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter