LITTLE Earplugs for SID?

gemanda

Mouseketeer
First off, this is my first post on this forum...I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am you are here!

We're taking our DD to WDW for her first trip next month. She'll be 16 months at that point, pushing 17 months. We were hugely blessed to have her Dx'd SID at the very young age of about 6.5 months (everyone looks at me nuts when I say that, but I have a feeling you will understand).

Lyss is very high-functioning at this point - to most people, she just seems like an extremely high-needs toddler. I'm not going to worry about a GAC - we're not planning on doing many rides and will just let her set the pace for this trip. I have a sling to put her in when we can't use the stroller, so it'll just be a lot of people watching for her.

We meet with her ped and her OT tomorrow, so I'm going to go over things with them. But one of the suggestions I read on here was for ear plugs to help with the auditory sensory issues. She definitely has auditory input issues, but not as much as tactile & vestibular issues.

Do they make ear plugs small enough for toddler ears??

First post on DIS boards. I hope you get an answer- as we are taking our 2 girls in August. Our 4yo id PDD, and our 3yo gets scared easily by loud noises.

We cannot wait for thier first trip!

Marlene

Most pharmacy shops have wax or foam plugs for small children. We used them after our smallest delegate's recent ear surgery during baths.

We have just purchased foam ear plugs by Flents with a noise reduction rating (NRR) of 31 dBA; they are compressable and tapered to fit very small ear canals, attached to a cord, and complete with case. We got them locally at CVS.

Thanks! I'll check out CVS and see what I can find. I'd like to avoid wax if I can...heaven help me getting those out of her ears!!

We used Silly Putty....I know it sounds funny but we used silly putty in DS ears in the pool. It easily molds to the ear and it was easy to get out. I can't remember where I heard about using it....but it worked great...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter